PDA

View Full Version : My hair is acting crazy.

coscass
March 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
And I know it's from stress. My cousin just died in feb, my friends apartment burnt down about 2 weeks ago, and a friend just died last night. I have to look presentable for this funeral, and my hair is just absolutely horrible. Thank god I haven't started LOSING hair with how stressed I've been. I tried an AVG rinse and left it in the other day, and my hair seemed to like it. It's much softer today. But it just feels sick.

Would DTing and babying the heck out of it help? I just don't know what to do, leave it alone, baby it, what?

Katurday
March 2nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
First clarify if you haven't in a while. Might be build up. If ACV helped, consider some moisture. SMT perhaps, or overnight oilings. Maybe even switching up your routine a bit temporarily might help (from CO to CWC or from cone to cone-free). Don't forget to take care of yourself best you can, take the right vitamins, do some relaxation techniques. When we feel ill, our bodies show it, it could be your hair giving you a sign to take some time off (at least a mental vacation).

anneisanne
March 2nd, 2010, 07:17 PM
Take care of yourself, first and foremost, hon. That's a lot to be going through.

No one is going to look back on the funeral and think 'well, that was a beautiful service, but coscass's hair just wasn't presentable enough.' They will look back and say 'what a touching service, with people who cared so much, who came no matter how they were struggling.'

I would say to wear it up, and use avg or something to make it behave, and then worry about it all later. Stay strong, I'm sorry you've been through so much of late.

Twil
March 2nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
I suggest drinking a lot of water and trying to get some sleep. I'm sorry for your loss, it's been a bad 2010 for me too so far. :grouphug:

GoddesJourney
March 2nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
I agree with drinking water and trying to get some sleep. A DT or even just a CO would probably help at least weigh down whatever frizz or issues you're having with your hair. Put it up if it's a problem. Seriously, stressing about your hair is the last thing you need right now. You have more important things going on. I think you're just focusing on it because you need an outlet. Take care. Have some comfort food. Go for a nice walk or hike somewhere. Take a nap. Things will get better. The weather will start to warm up soon and you will be much happier. Don't worry. Bad things have happened yet you carry on. You survive now. Things get better later.