PDA

View Full Version : hairstick/bun help for tailbone length hair

formunkyfrommom
March 2nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
so i have curly thick hair that is in a v shape at the bottom with my middle comming to my tailbone and the sides coming to top of hip bone

i need help finding bigger buns that are higher up on the head (i dont like low buns and love volume)...i like some of the cute hairstick buns but the twisting around and flipping the stick through the top of the bun makes it soooo tight it kills my scalp and i have insta-headache....i dont know how to make it sty without killing my head....so i need resources wonderful ladies....because right now i hate my hair as i can't find any cute styles that work with my legnth of hair :(

jasper
March 2nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Do you do the lazy wrap bun? For me it holds without any twisting or flipping the stick. I push the stick down at first, then almost straight through, picking up some scalp hair on the way forward. I wear mine on the back of my head mostly, but it works high up too.

BelleBot
March 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
How about not flipping the hair stick when you put it into a bun. If you just direct it into the bun, but try and wiggle it as you push it in to pick up some scalp hair in a weaving fashion you should find it's not so tight and painful. I very rarely flip my hair sticks as the result is too tight and uncomfortable.
Have a play about is your best bet. Also watching videos on youtube is great for learning new buns and different ways of using hair sticks.

GuinevereMay
March 2nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
I don't twist my hair sticks around. Have you tried a nautilus bun? It's super easy and secure. Just thread the stick through the bun.

Anje
March 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
I don't flip or angle my sticks much when I bun either. Makes it way too tight!

My standby hairstyle is a nautilus bun (basically the same thing as a lazy wrap, but with a little twisting to keep the hair together), with a horizontal stick holding it.

angelthadiva
March 5th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Look for videos on youtube from Cinnamon Hair. Her hair is over 50"; she has many styles posted that may inspire :) She's not just a youtuber; she is also a member ;)

formunkyfrommom
March 6th, 2010, 12:52 AM
thanks ladies

adiapalic
March 6th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Definitely the Equilibrium Bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=23), an article by Nightshade.
Also, here's a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKpcYRIr4o) by Hypnotica.

This is my favorite quick bun, but unlike the video I place the bun higher on my head. It's very comfortable, easy to fix in place with a fork, snug but not too tight. HTH :)