PDA

View Full Version : Honey?

zeldagirl7491
March 2nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
What does honey on your hair do for you?
I ask because this morning I found a huge, sticky, glob of it coating the end of my braid. It must have happened when I was making my breakfast, then didn't realize it until I got in the car.:rolleyes:

Oskimosa
March 2nd, 2010, 09:35 AM
Well, honey is a humectant, which means it will draw moisture into your hair. However, having a huge glob on it will not likely give you those benefits. To be effective, you'd need to have a small amount of it mixed with something else otherwise it will just be a sticky mess! That's not to say it will HURT your hair; people will add spoonfuls at a time to their henna mixes, SMT's, etc. I believe honey also contains a small amount of protein, and some people don't use it because of that.

The one time I ever used honey, even in a small amount, I had mixed it with tea to rinse my hair after henna (after reading that recommendation on another forum) and I just got crunchy hair. Either the sugar crystallized or my hair hated the protein.

zeldagirl7491
March 2nd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the information.
Most of it got rinsed out but the very ends are a bit sticky. Oh well, nothing bad happened. :)