PDA

View Full Version : Hair Typing Confusion

Kimberlee
March 1st, 2010, 06:45 PM
The pic in my avatar is from tonight. That is my hair dried with a dryer and brushing it "straight", mostly with my fingers. Now if I air dry or diffuse it I can get flat out spirals. Sometimes. There is no consistency to it..... It totally has a mind of it's own. It is pretty heavily layered right now and the cut is not conducive to it being curly either. Well, curly for me.....

What do you think???

bumblebums
March 1st, 2010, 06:53 PM
If you get spirals when the hair is air-dried, it's 2c. That's what mine does. Blow-drying it and brushing always straightens the hair out somewhat (even if it isn't all the way to 1a). So does bunning it--it always relaxes the curl. That's wurly hair for you...

curlylocks85
March 1st, 2010, 07:06 PM
Do you have a picture of your hair air-dryed for comparison?

Kimberlee
March 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM
I do.... Let me see if I can dig one up! Yes Bumble! They can't be too messed with when I am really curly!

Kimberlee
March 1st, 2010, 07:25 PM
Wonder if this will work........

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/allhaka/Hair/Curlier4.jpg

LadyJennifer
March 1st, 2010, 07:36 PM
Looks very similer to mine, which is 2C

Bellona
March 1st, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yep, if I finger comb I get the same effect. My hair is also in a similar layered cut at the moment. 2C!

Kimberlee
March 1st, 2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys. That is kind of where I was going, but I wanted to make it a 2a/2c cross... (with a couple of 1b days thrown in there when it darn well feels like it)...... : )