PDA

View Full Version : conditioner with poo bars?

Magdalene
March 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
What sort of conditioner are you supposed to use with poo bars? It seems counter productive to worry about the liquids in regular shampoo then use a regular liquid conditioner...

MandyBeth
March 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM
I don't think it's the liquid in shampoo that's the concern - it's the SLS, which is what makes shampoo foam up. Conditioner doesn't have SLS as you don't want sudsy condish, so thus, not the same issues.

Now, it's just sorting out the good vs bad -cones and whatever else your hair does or does not like.

Fractalsofhair
March 1st, 2010, 05:50 PM
I use alaffia, which is pretty natural though it's not totally. Not 100% sure how eco friendly it is washing down the drain, but it's not evil as far as I know. Some people use oils. Also, often you find you don't need one, or as much of one.

LaBeq
March 1st, 2010, 07:46 PM
I don't use a conditioner any more. Just the shampoo bar and a diluted vinegar rinse leaves my hair very nice!

Magdalene
March 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM
I get tangles without something to add slip.

kittensoupnrice
March 1st, 2010, 08:48 PM
I also do not use conditioners with my poo-bars.
I use a very diluted vinegar rinse, turban, and then do a light oiling before detangling. I find that this gives just about as much slip for me as using conditioner did.

Trixie
March 1st, 2010, 10:01 PM
I still have to use conditioner when I use poo bars, even though I also use a citric acid rinse. My hair just does not have enough slip without a little bit of conditioner. I do notice that I can use a lighter conditioner when I use poo bars - it's like my hair just doesn't need as much moisture. I guess the main purpose of the conditioner for me is for detangling my crazy hair :)

Stevy
March 2nd, 2010, 04:35 AM
I just use conditioner like I would with a liquid shampoo - in fact, I CWC.

Sissy
March 2nd, 2010, 05:18 AM
I always use conditioner after the vinegar rinse step in poo bars. I use all my normal conditioners (sometimes cone, sometimes cone-free), nothing special.