PDA

View Full Version : I'm Proud of Myself!!!

BrightEyes7
March 1st, 2010, 12:15 PM
:happydance:I have now been able to go three days without washing!! I normally would wash every other day now I am going one more day. I'm very excited about this and somehow my hair hasn't been as greasy as before. I have recently started to do CWC washing and it somehow has made my hair less greasy!! :happydance:

:happydance:This is very exciting!! :happydance:

lovebug
March 1st, 2010, 12:21 PM
Congrats! :)

Amraann
March 1st, 2010, 12:38 PM
So cool!

It took me awhile but I only wash my hair once a week.
It never looks greasy in between.

little_acorn
March 1st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Well done :D

BrightEyes7
March 1st, 2010, 01:33 PM
It is hard to resist the poo for me!!

starshinedarkly
March 1st, 2010, 01:36 PM
Yay :D
Well done!

BrightEyes
March 1st, 2010, 01:38 PM
That's awesome! I'm also trying to stretch out my washings another day. I have some greasiness on the 3rd day, but I usually wear my hair oiled and up that day anyway.

I also want to try CWC. It sounds like it's really working for you. I'm kind of worried that it won't wash the oil out of my hair (I use coconut oil). Do you oil your hair before washing? If so, does the CWC wash it out well?

minuteofdecay
March 1st, 2010, 01:40 PM
congrats! I've started keeping track of how often I wash my hair... in February I washed it a total of 6 times, which was really difficult because the roots do get oily, but if it was really bad I would just put some baby powder on my roots and put my hair up.

eamane
March 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
¨That's great :)) Glad it's working for you!

Bethany44
March 1st, 2010, 01:51 PM
Congrats! That is great. I just went to every other day about two weeks ago and I already notice a huge lessening of oily looking hair. Maybe in a week or two further I'll start doing every third day.

BrightEyes7
March 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM
That's awesome! I'm also trying to stretch out my washings another day. I have some greasiness on the 3rd day, but I usually wear my hair oiled and up that day anyway.

I also want to try CWC. It sounds like it's really working for you. I'm kind of worried that it won't wash the oil out of my hair (I use coconut oil). Do you oil your hair before washing? If so, does the CWC wash it out well?

I oil on occasion (EVOO). I have never tried coconut though. But I use a serum that has jojoba and avacado oil along with silk amino acids and I use that daily. I have noticed that as long as I thoroughly wash the roots it does not get oily. I use a small amount of shampoo to start and use more if it is needed to get my hair 'clean feeling'. I have also noticed the days where I deep condition (I guess that would be CWDC) I can't go as long because by the third day it is already greasy.

AbruptlyWanderi
March 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM
Congratulations!

BrightEyes
March 1st, 2010, 02:19 PM
I oil on occasion (EVOO). I have never tried coconut though. But I use a serum that has jojoba and avacado oil along with silk amino acids and I use that daily. I have noticed that as long as I thoroughly wash the roots it does not get oily. I use a small amount of shampoo to start and use more if it is needed to get my hair 'clean feeling'. I have also noticed the days where I deep condition (I guess that would be CWDC) I can't go as long because by the third day it is already greasy.

That's good to know. I'll try CWC for sure.

janeytilllie
March 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM
Congratulations well done :)

Lacus Autumni
March 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM
Huzzah! Congratulations on your progress! :-D

spidermom
March 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM
And I have freshly washed, still damp after half a day, softly wavy and curly and frizzy hair. Don't you wish you were me?

Just playing.

BrightEyes7
March 1st, 2010, 03:47 PM
And I have freshly washed, still damp after half a day, softly wavy and curly and frizzy hair. Don't you wish you were me?

Just playing.

Actually no :bigtongue: .... I hate the waiting around all day for my hair to dry. 5 hours just seems like an century!!

But tomorrow is my wash day! So that means waking up at the crack of dawn so that my hair will be mostly dry when I leave for work 3 1/2 hours after my shower!!

Katurday
March 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Woo I did the same! 3rd day is greasy, but its not so bad. Stretching is fun.

farewell_nancy
March 1st, 2010, 08:43 PM
Nice! I've got myself washing every third day now, I'm trying to work up to every fourth day but so far my hair isn't going for it. Hopefully it just needs some time.

cardamom
March 1st, 2010, 10:26 PM
Good to hear that.i pledge to do the same everyday but end up CWC every othe day.i work out and cant stand sweat on hair.:(

JamieLeigh
March 3rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Congrats!! :D

Tutti_Frutti
March 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Keep up the good work! I'm also trying to stretch my washings and it really seems to work! So I can understand your excitement! :cheese:

guccixx
March 3rd, 2010, 10:57 AM

PBI, I CWC and oil the night before I wash...I always sleep with it braided and wrapped in a scarf when I oil it so that it can soak it overnight. The next morning the CWC gets the oil out but leaves it shiny and smooth. Just make sure to shampoo well.

Ehh for some reason the forum's not letting me edit my reply. I meant to say I CWC in general...and that I oil the night before I wash.

BrightEyes7
March 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Good to hear that.i pledge to do the same everyday but end up CWC every othe day.i work out and cant stand sweat on hair.:(

Understandable... that's why I don't work out... My hair. Yep... that is my reason and I'm sticking to it! :p

spidermom
March 3rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Actually no :bigtongue: .... I hate the waiting around all day for my hair to dry. 5 hours just seems like an century!!

Too true. (message too short)

JenniferNoel
March 3rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
Well done!!
I remember when I first started stretching out washes, I just kept adding an extra wash-free day until it became pretty much once a week. Takes some getting used to, but once you're there it's great.