PDA

View Full Version : Please help - hair re-typing!

Liss
March 1st, 2010, 08:39 AM
I've heard it has happened to others and began to suspect something unusual in the past few days... waves!

So today I decided to air dry without touching or combing to see if it was true and possibly time for a hair re-typing. I'm quite shocked, but in a good way, I've always wanted waves!

Obviously I'm not a 1a anymore, so I'm after some help. Would you consider me a 1a/1b or a 1b, or maybe even a 1c?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4572&pictureid=65483

guccixx
March 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
Beautiful hair! I'm no expert but I consider myself a 1b and you have more wave than I do. But you look a lot like the 1b pictures which says "straight with a body wave." So I'd think you're a 1b :-)

janeytilllie
March 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM
I'd say your a 1b/1c
Your hair is beautiful! :)

Liss
March 1st, 2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for your replies, and for the compliments!!

I'm still a little confused, but after combing - which I'd been desperate to do all day long - it straightened out to a more 1a/1b. Then after about half an hour it settled into what I think is a 1b.

But... best of all (as if finding some waves for the first time in my life wasn't enough excitement for one day) I re-measured my pony-circumference and it's almost 2.5"!! OMG - I've never hit the 2" mark before, so I kept measuring over and over again.

Best. Hairday. Ever!!!

Shield31
March 1st, 2010, 11:44 AM
I agree with the 1b/1c others have talked about. And you have beautiful hair Liss :).

StephanieB
March 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Looks to my eyes like a 1B... really beautiful hair! :D

And I also just had to ask for help in re-typing my own hair, as it's gotten longer and longer.

Anje
March 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM
I think you're 1b/1c or even a solid 1c.

It's pretty normal for whatever waves a 1 has to go essentially flat when you comb or brush it. Don't decide it's totally straight just because of that.

natt i nord
March 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM
I'd go for the 1b, too.

And I think your haircolor is beautiful! :)

BrightEyes
March 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM
You have beautiful hair! I would agree with 1b too.

florenonite
March 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
I'd say it's a 1c.

Liss
March 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Thank you, thank you everyone, for all the replies and the compliments!! I've decided to settle on a borderline 1b/1c. It's amazing what can happen when taking years of cones out of a hair diet :D.