PDA

View Full Version : Doh! Moment... figured out hair issue

marikamt
March 1st, 2010, 07:55 AM
As some of you may know, I have not been happy with my hair at all lately.... it has not felt right, been acting right, etc.........

It was DRY!!!! I have never really had dry hair (and my hair has not been this long since I was very young) so I didn't know that is what it was. I work in a place that is very dry (and hot), even my home is not as humid as it should be, it is really cold outside and I think it just sucked the life out of my hair.

What a relief to figure out what it is (even though I was kinda like :doh:, I should have known that) and that I can fix it.

SMT's, here I come!

embee
March 1st, 2010, 08:07 AM
Sure is nice you figured it out before you chopped everything off! And it's something you probably can fix without too much investment. :)

Fixing the humidity at your home may help your skin as well.

marikamt
March 1st, 2010, 08:08 AM
I feel kinda stupid for not having figured it out sooner....... :D

AstrayStar
March 1st, 2010, 09:35 AM
I hear you, I had chopped my hair several times over the last couple of years thinking that my hair was just unhealthy, but I actually think it was just that my water was too hard and I wasn't trying the right things for my hair. I have now bought a shower filter and it is amazing the difference in my hair!

little_cherry
March 1st, 2010, 09:46 AM
So glad you figured it out! When I had super dry hair, I added glycerin to my SMT after clarifying my hair then did an ACV rinse...it sure worked! :D I'm incredibly happy with my hairs' texture now!

Fethenwen
March 1st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Ough, my hair is just that right now. I have been using shampoo lately, and it's starting to behave weee bad. I think I will try this oatmeal thing, my SMT did not turn out well the last time. I had trouble getting all the conditioner out of my hair for some strange reason.

TXbarbie
March 1st, 2010, 10:09 AM
Good thing you figured it out :)

marikamt
March 2nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Well, I did a modified SMT today (basic SMT with EVOO added) and left it on for 3 hours...... my hair feels better already. I am going to do another one on Thurs.
For now, I am going to stop my 'poo bars and try CO or an SLS free shampoo and see if that helps too (based on the 'poo bars = damage thread).