PDA

View Full Version : When is your stall?

marikamt
February 28th, 2010, 04:22 PM
My hair grew like CRAZY from end of July until about the start of November... since then, I am positive it has barely grown (MAYBE an inch). I know people have stalls through-out the year, is winter a normal time?? I am not doing anything different, but growth rate has REALLY changed....
I will be VERY happy when spring/ summer rolls around and my hair starts growing again....

christine1989
February 28th, 2010, 04:33 PM
My hair grows pretty consistantly (winter it actually grows a bit faster!) however shoulder to APL seems to be taking ages! Luckily I have had luck speeding it up with horsetail.

OleanderTime
February 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I think my hair has grown barely an inch since the end of October, but it definitely grows faster in the summer. Yes, frustrating.

JenniferNoel
February 28th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I always stall for approximately two months at BSL, no matter what time of year. :rant:

Twil
February 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I can grab 3 inches a month when it's humid/hot but cold and dry = less than an inch. :rolleyes: So yeah, I'm a summer grower.

CaityBear
February 28th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I have never noticed a stall in seasons, but I did notice a LONG stall once I hit hip length.

natorade
February 28th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I think I am at a stall right now. Hopefully it will pick up again soon before I go bonkers.

Rivanariko
February 28th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I've noticed the same thing. I was getting a good inch and a half a month during the summer, but now it seems like every time I measure it, I'm still stuck right where I was before.
Here's hoping summer comes soon!

marikamt
February 28th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Not that I wish this on anyone, But I am glad to know I am not alone........
It is driving me crazy too... I hope all of us start growing soon

Rhiannon7
February 28th, 2010, 07:15 PM
For me it normally stalls for a bit when i hit waist, but the last year i noticed a huge stall, at least for me, i was at 26 inches....around bottom of BSL and when i kept measuring every month it was still BSL (26 inches) from March 2009 until i finally saw some measuring change at the end of November. now my hair has started to grow fast again, in November i measured 26 inches and by the end of January i was at 27.5 but had to trim 1 inch off due to some fairytaling. now i'm back at 26.5 and will check again in 1 month and see if the growth has gotten faster or not.

But for me too it grows faster in summer (march/april to November.) then slows a bit in winter (end of november to February.) but i never measured constantly before last year when i joined TLHC.

jera
March 1st, 2010, 01:00 AM
I have never noticed a stall in seasons, but I did notice a LONG stall once I hit hip length.

I seemed to have a long stall at hip length too, but continued taking my hair vitamins and before I knew it I hit tailbone. :p I think it must have been growing all along but I just wasn't measuring it correctly at hip length. Otherwise, I cannot account for the sudden hair growth spurt I experienced. I was almost ready to give up on it fearing I'd reached my terminal length. Glad I was wrong. :D

hanne jensen
March 1st, 2010, 01:29 AM
My hair stalls from April until the end of July. This year I'll be covering my head to try to simulate winter lighting.

Qadupae
March 1st, 2010, 02:08 AM
Definite winter stall :rolleyes: I was growing fairly well in fall even, but as soon as it hit late October into November and the temps fell below 40, my hair just seems like it stopped completely. I'm lucky to hit a growth of 1/2". I am planning on wearing my snoods again because I think the warmth protection of them whenever I went outside really helped out. I guess my hair really doesn't like cold or over dryness :o

CrisDee
March 1st, 2010, 05:38 AM
My hair (and nails as well) seem to need the light to grow - so I'm really looking forward to spring! Not only will I get faster nail and hair growth, but we'll finally get the iceberg out of our parking area, we've had a ridiculous amount of snow this winter!

lora410
March 1st, 2010, 06:16 AM
September through January I grow super slow.

Hiriel
March 1st, 2010, 10:16 AM
I've only been measuring since August, so there isn't enough data to tell if it's something that happens every winter, but my growth rate was around 1 inch per month in Sept-Oct, since November it's been slightly less than half an inch.

Syaoransbear
March 1st, 2010, 12:17 PM
If I didn't dye my hair and have roots, I'd have thought my hair had stalled for like 4 years. But I don't have any stalls or spurts, it's completely consistent all year.

Hairtada
March 1st, 2010, 12:31 PM
Mine seem to grow about the same all year.
When your hair stalls growing length do you also get no new hairs coming in ?

melikai
March 1st, 2010, 12:49 PM
I really noticed a dramatic slow down of growth starting in November as well. It started to pick up again about a month ago, which I'm very glad about!

Katrina
March 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM
Mine seems to grow faster during winter and stall from late spring to fall. It happened last year and I have had the growth spurt this winter too.

Kirry-Folk
March 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM
Seasons don't affect me, but my hair always stalls for a little over a month after it reaches waist-length.

jera
March 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM
My hair stalls from April until the end of July. This year I'll be covering my head to try to simulate winter lighting.

Isn't April - July winter in New Zealand? :confused:

If I didn't dye my hair and have roots, I'd have thought my hair had stalled for like 4 years.

Hahaha!!:D