PDA

View Full Version : Dry Scalp drving me mad!!

09robiha
February 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
for a couple of weeks now i have noticed that my scalp is considerably drier than the rest of my hair. The length is reallly moisturised and feels great but my scalp, especially in certain spots, feels like the complete opposite. Any suggestions my fellow LHCers??

Sorry I forgot..my current rountine is:
CO wash every four days (wear down 1 or 2 days up the rest of the time) so wash Sunday night and Thrusday night
On the thursday I DT or PT
slowly weaning off heat (i like to diffuse but have been experimenting with other options)

little_cherry
February 28th, 2010, 02:35 PM
When my scalp gets like that, I oil it and lightly scritch the scalp with a seamless comb. In the shower, I CO and massage my scalp gently but thoroughly. This seems to do the trick nicely :)

Ursula
February 28th, 2010, 02:36 PM
What washing method are you using, and what products? Having specifics may help us give you suggestions.

You might try doing a moisture treatment like an SMT. The conditioner and aloe should help soothe your skin as well helping your hair.

CaityBear
February 28th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Can't help too much, but my scalp gets very dry in winter making my dandruff and the itchiness much worse so I know how you feel!