PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone!

pennyroyal
February 28th, 2010, 12:05 PM
my name is annette & i am from cali. had dreadlocks but decided to cut em off so my husband gave me a cute lil pixie cut. :p
i am now starting anew & plan to grow my locks as long as i can! i used to have my hair down to my bottom years ago & i loved it. can't wait to have it long again!
lookin forward to my journey!

sarah061
February 28th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hi Annette! Welcome :) I bet your pixie cut looks really cute - that's a big change from dreadlocks! The nice thing about having hair that short is that it's really easy to watch it growing and feel like you're accomplishing something.

Aer
February 28th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Welcome!!!! I hope you enjoy it here!

Crazycatlady
February 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Welcome Annette! I'm growing out a pixie since September, so I have a long way to go too. I've never had hair past my shoulders, so I'm really excited about all the wonderful pics I see here...beautiful. You will get lots of encouragement here and learn so much.

Enjoy! :)

pennyroyal
March 1st, 2010, 12:06 PM
thanx everyone! growin out a pixie cut is hard sometimes (i have done it before) but it's also fun to watch the progress! it's a journey fer sure! :p

little_cherry
March 1st, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I like your name! I now have 'Pennyroyal tea' stuck in my head! :D I wish you the best in your hair growing journey!

Take care!

pennyroyal
March 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM
thanx little cherry! it's a good song to have stuck in yr head. :cool: one of my favorites!
just to add some more info bout myself...i have a son who is turning 1 this week!!! so exciting! he is the most amazing gift ever! i love him so dearly! i am married to the love of my life & we also have 2 furry children (bunnies). i am a huge animal lover & vegetarian for over 10 yeaars now. :p

MissMandyElizab
March 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Welcome !!!! Hope you find this place as fun as I have and educational as well!!!!

pennyroyal
March 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
thanks sweetie! this place really seems great!

eresh
April 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums!

I like your name! I now have 'Pennyroyal tea' stuck in my head! :D I wish you the best in your hair growing journey!

Take care!

Haha me too!!!
But I don't mind:)

Welcome Pennyroyal!

pennyroyal
April 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Haha me too!!!
But I don't mind:)

Welcome Pennyroyal!
i kinda like that I'm getting that song stuck in people's heads. :D
& thank you!

pennyroyal
July 4th, 2010, 11:48 AM
hello i am back. :)I have been super busy & haven't had much computer time lately. I have actually decided to dread up my hair once again. I am still gonna keep my original goal of knee length hair but now i am gonna have knee length dreadies. :p sounds heavy, hehe. So i sure hope i am still welcome here as I am still growing long hair, just not in the traditional sense. :p
On another note, i have missed this place! It's gonna take me forever to catch up! :D
hello again to everyone! Hope all has been well!

little_cherry
July 5th, 2010, 01:27 AM
hello i am back. :)I have been super busy & haven't had much computer time lately. I have actually decided to dread up my hair once again. I am still gonna keep my original goal of knee length hair but now i am gonna have knee length dreadies. :p sounds heavy, hehe. So i sure hope i am still welcome here as I am still growing long hair, just not in the traditional sense. :p
On another note, i have missed this place! It's gonna take me forever to catch up! :D
hello again to everyone! Hope all has been well!
Of course you are still welcome- you'd be welcome if you went bald and danced upside down. :cheese:

Ooh knee length dreads.. :crush: I knew you'd follow your heart. :)

Welcome back! :)

pennyroyal
July 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM
awe, thanks cherry grrl!!! You always know how to make me smile. :)& laugh. hehe.
Yup, i am followin my heart & screw what the rest of the world thinks. :p

little_cherry
July 5th, 2010, 11:25 PM
awe, thanks cherry grrl!!! You always know how to make me smile. :)& laugh. hehe.
Yup, i am followin my heart & screw what the rest of the world thinks. :p
Now that's the penny I know! :flower:

So....any pics? I haven't seen an update from you in months, missy!!!

pennyroyal
July 6th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I know, i haven't had a chance to upload pics in forever! :(I promise i will very soon! My hair has grown quite a lot. Yours looks great, btw! :)

HairFaerie
July 7th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I am starting from a pixie cut too. I have done this before and I am really not looking forward to that super awkward stage right before shoulder length! UGH! That's usually when I sat "forget this" and get it cut again. I am going to try to remain strong and make it through the awkward stages. I know joining this community will help with support. :)