PDA

View Full Version : Just decided this week to grow mine out again

tigr
February 28th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Color: gray. It's closer to silver at the temples.
Front length: just below my eyes
Back length: chin

Curliness: 1b - straight but with a slight body wave, just enough to add some volume, doesn't look wavy
Individual strands: M - medium. I was told when i was younger that it was coarse, but the hairs don't feel as thick to me now.
Volume: ii - normal (between 2-4 inches or 5-10 centimeters)

Hair goal: for it to be long enough to put into an updo i like and that looks good on me, or maybe waist length. I haven't decided.

History: I had waist-length hair when i was in my 30s, but i didn't know how to put it up, and I didn't take good care of it. The day I cut and permed it was a happy day.

I'm looking for ideas on how to keep it from annoying me and making me look like a crazy cat lady during the growing out period. I was always able to grow it out when I was younger by ignoring it, but that crazy cat lady thing is just too much on my mind for me to do that at this age. I'm hoping that with the support of this community, I will be able to make it through the growing out period and enjoy many happy "bun days".

And finally, I just loved this smiley. So I had to include it: :hifive:

Belisarius
February 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
The only thing i can recommend is to focus on your end goal and banish the thoughts of crazy cat lady from your mind. You know yourself best and if someone says that, you know to ignore them if it bothers you.

tigr
February 28th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Belisarius, thank you for your kind words.

lorig713
February 28th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hello and welcome! You came to the right place for friendship and support. Enjoy and happy growing! :flower:

renarok
February 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Head bands are your friend. Hats, barrettes, bobby pins, and gel.

I can sympathise with the growing out process. It can be a long discouraging time.

I always managed to grow out my hair while I was very busy doing other things in my life.

Try to stay too busy to be bothered by your hair.

Good luck. Oh and when you are feeling especially down you can vent here.:)

tigr
March 1st, 2010, 07:50 AM
lorig713 and renarok - thank you.

bumblebums
March 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
It might not help, but the only crazy cat lady I've ever known had female pattern baldness, so not exactly what you might be envisioning hair-wise :)

tigr
March 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
bumblebums - you made me giggle. Thanks.