PDA

View Full Version : Rinsing the ACV rinse ?

Sweetness
February 28th, 2010, 09:41 AM
This may be a very ridiculous question, but here it goes ...

lets say I rinse the conditioner out with cold water, and then do an apple cider vinegar rinse (diluted in cold water too), which I pour over my hair ...

Do you then rinse the ACV rinse out with some more cold water or is it the "last rinse" and you leave it in ??

AstrayStar
February 28th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Depends on your hair. Some people can leave it in but for others leaving it in can make hair seem a bit over moisturized or lanky. I go back and forth on rinsing mine out. Not rinsing usually really makes my scalp feel great if it had been feeling itchy or flakey.

lux_aeterna
February 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I also rinse the ACV because I'm afraid it'll otherwise damage my hair.

minkstole
February 28th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I rinse it out. I fear smelling like a salad.

Copasetic
February 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM

My feelings exactly :) I always rinse the ACV out really well because the smell will drive me insane and I'm not sure that leaving vinegar in your hair is helpful.

2peasinapod
February 28th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I always rinse it out with cold water.

anneisanne
February 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM

Me too! I really don't want to walk around smelling like pickles or salad dressing.

Cherry_Sprinkle
February 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I do not rinse mine. I have never smelled the ACV after it dried. I oil and use some perfumed hair salves also and have never had ACV creep up in the scents.

Angharad
February 28th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I always rinse after vinegar-rinse (teragon, not apple cider) with lukewarmwater or destilled water.

Fiferstone
February 28th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I don't rinse out the ACV rinse. It's my final rinse. My dilution is 1 teaspoon in 8 ounces (1 cup) of water. The faint 'salad' smell is gone when my hair has airdryed completely. The point of the ACV rinse for me is to combat my super-hard, hyper-mineraly water. It would be completely counter-productive for me to rinse the ACV out with that super-hard, hyper-mineraly water afterward ;).

Carolyn
February 28th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I've done it both ways but I use white vinegar since I'm a blonde and not ACV. When I've mixed blueing in the final vinegar rinse I do not rinse it out. I never have any lingering odor.

Gingevere
February 28th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I rinse out the ACV rinse pretty thoroughly because it makes my hair feel slightly slimy when wet. Plus, I need to put some kind of product in my hair after showering to help with detangling and if I don't rinse out the ACV first, then my hair feels heavy and coated.

Anyway... I don't think it would be damaging to leave it in. Also, the smell disappears as the hair dries.

ArienEllariel
February 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM
My feelings exactly :) I always rinse the ACV out really well because the smell will drive me insane and I'm not sure that leaving vinegar in your hair is helpful.

My thoughts exactly. I forced myself to leave it in the first time I used it but never again! :p

eamane
February 28th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I don't rinse properly after my tea-ACV-rinse but I pour a jarful of coldish water through my hair, the same amount of water as was tea-ACV. I haven't noticed any smell after my hair has dried.

BonnyJ
February 28th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I rinse my ACV out with cold water.

Carolyn, what is blueing that you mix in your vinegar?

Thanks,
Bonny