PDA

View Full Version : In honor of May day/Beltane!!

maskedrose
May 1st, 2008, 01:47 PM
Since I didn't have the chance to dance around a maypole today, I decided to wind red and white ribbons into my hair instead!! It's still wet, but here you go...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/maskedrose21/hair005-1.jpg

Sorry for the large size again - this computer won't let me make them smaller on photobucket...grrr. Mods feel free to downsize!

AJoifulNoise
May 1st, 2008, 01:48 PM
Oh, that's very pretty!

Poolsoflaughter
May 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM
That's very awesome! That reminds me...I must have a bonfire tonight. :hollie:

Patrycja
May 1st, 2008, 02:04 PM
that is so pretty!!!

please share how you did that.

maskedrose
May 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks!!

It's one of my favorite styles, with a little variation. I braided two very long ribbons (one on each side, looped in half) into the two dutch braids on either side of my head, and continued both braids to the tips and tied off with the ribbons. I then put a pony holder at the my nape to hold the braids together, then made a bun with the ends. I pinned that in place, then wrapped the remaining ribbon around the bun and made a bow :)

happylynngilmer
May 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Oh, it's lovely!

Happy Beltane!

1MegMeg
May 1st, 2008, 02:26 PM
So pretty! I love it! :)

Happy Beltane!!

Guenever
May 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM
Looks very pretty indeed! I would love to be able to braid like that :flower:
And not only is it perfect for this day -- wearing those colors you'd also get a warm welcome in the Danish crowd at an international football match, I'm sure :wink: hehe

Patrycja
May 1st, 2008, 02:39 PM
thanks! I'll have to try it with my Irish ribbons.but since my hair is shorter than yours(I have layers)I'll have to modify it.

Leisha
May 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Oh wow, that's really cute!! :)
Everytime I see lovely styles like this, I think I should get some ribbons to incorporate in my hair as well! :agree: it really adds a nice, original, special but not too in-your-face touch!

maskedrose
May 1st, 2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks everyone :flower:

poolsoflaughter - have fun with your bonfire! Oh how I wish I still lived in the country so I could do the same!
Guenever - I will have to remember that should I ever go to a Danish football match!

Happy Beltane! :toast:

Robinlyn
May 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
That looks so beautiful in your hair! You are very creative!!

nastasska
May 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM
Wow That's an amazing hairdo:cheese:

Happy La Bealtaine

Wavelength
May 1st, 2008, 06:31 PM
It's May already?! :bigeyes:

Lovely hairstyle! Merry meet and merry Beltaine! :blossom:

rhosyn_du
May 1st, 2008, 06:49 PM
How lovely. I hope you don't mind if I steal your style idea for the Beltane celebration I'm going to this weekend.

SilverLocks
May 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM
That's a beautiful and graceful photo in honor of
"the bright light". Lovely hair and style.

Happy La Bealtaine. (I love the sound of this)

ajr
May 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM
Oh how lovely....off to research this day that I apparently am very uninformed about.

Cloverleaf
May 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM
That looks so nice - you're very creative!

maskedrose
May 1st, 2008, 11:42 PM
How lovely. I hope you don't mind if I steal your style idea for the Beltane celebration I'm going to this weekend.

Hehe go for it!

Angellen
May 1st, 2008, 11:43 PM
How adorable! I didn't have time to do anything too fancy, but I used a pin/fork with a big white flower on it for my bun.

I really love how ribbons look when braided in, though--so pretty!

tiny_teesha
May 1st, 2008, 11:44 PM
It looks beautiful and so perfect and festive!!! Well done!

Strangefire
May 2nd, 2008, 02:19 AM
Very pretty!

Xandergrammy
May 2nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
This is really beautiful and it looks like something I could actually do myself! :joy:

jojo
May 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
that is so pretty

eadwine
May 2nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
How on earth do you get those ribbons to stay there.. up where they start so to speak :)

Beautifully done!

maskedrose
May 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
eadwine - I incorporated the ribbons right away into two of the three sections - I tried adding them after the dutch braid was "established", so to say, but then the ribbons were too far down...

Not sure if that makes sense :)

eadwine
May 2nd, 2008, 02:42 PM
It made sense, I am just wondering how you secured them :)

lookingglass
May 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Cheers with a glass of mead to your pretty do!

maskedrose
May 2nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
Oh I think I see what your asking - I looped each of the (very long) ribbons in half, and placed the looped part under the three sections, and incorporated the two "tails" into the braid. Is that what you wanted to know or am I still off?? :)

eadwine
May 3rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
Ahhh.. yep that is what I was asking :) Thanks!

paper
May 3rd, 2008, 04:19 AM
I love that, it looks so pretty.