PDA

View Full Version : Different types of fairytale ends?

pdy2kn6
February 28th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I notice that there seems to be two ways people develop fairytale ends, one being really seperate defined ends, the other being more of an equal hemline with see through ends. Is there a reason for this? Is it something to do with maintaining trimming while growing to terminal? Before my trim my hair was growing fairytale, in a more stringy, separately defined ends kind of way. I wonder how people get fairytale ends which tend to be quite even yet just lighter and more see through...

Aer
February 28th, 2010, 02:38 AM
This is a very good question, and worded a hell of a lot better than how I would of done it. Unfortunately I have no answer for you. I think some people just grow their hair evenly without trying. I'm watching this thread.

Tutti_Frutti
February 28th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I noticed this too. At school I see people with stringy ends and ends that are separated. Maybe it has something to do with hair structure? For example asian people I've seen mostly had separated instead of stringy ends. Their hair tends to be very shiny and smooth.

Xandergrammy
February 28th, 2010, 07:35 AM
I actually prefer the "stringy" type for my own hair. I let my hair dry that way on purpose as I find it more aesthetically pleasing. If I were to comb my ends, though, I would have ends that are closer to the other type. So maybe sometimes it depends on how the hair is dried?

PhillyGirl1978@
February 28th, 2010, 07:58 AM
I notice that there seems to be two ways people develop fairytale ends, one being really seperate defined ends, the other being more of an equal hemline with see through ends. Is there a reason for this? Is it something to do with maintaining trimming while growing to terminal? Before my trim my hair was growing fairytale, in a more stringy, separately defined ends kind of way. I wonder how people get fairytale ends which tend to be quite even yet just lighter and more see through...

I think I can get a certain type of fairytail ends, but as of now my hair is all the same length...I think it's cause I'm curly...and pretty clumpy so at some point you can see through that. Sometimes ones it is dry if I am going for a bigger messier look I will separate some of the clumps with my hands and that usually takes care of it.

HildeMV
February 28th, 2010, 08:15 AM
MY hair is slightly wavy, and especially the ends. It has always been like that. I think that's why my ends are "separated"

CindyLea1
February 28th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I think the all-one-length-see-thru-ends are a combination of growing out or cutting in layers and S&D the splits or damage as it happens. And the "stringy" type is just a wave pattern.

Just my 2 cents.

maria_asa
February 28th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I think the all-one-length-see-thru-ends are a combination of growing out or cutting in layers and S&D the splits or damage as it happens. And the "stringy" type is just a wave pattern.

Just my 2 cents.

My hair is all one length which gradually gets more and more see through down the length and I've never had layers. It's just the way my hair grows.

GoddesJourney
February 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I would assume it has to do with hair type and condition of ends. The not stringy kind probably comes from straight hair unless it has the "velcro ends" which make it stick together. The stringy kind probably comes from hair that is wavy or curly, which tends to follow a "stuck together" pattern anyway.

Messyhair
February 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Mine only started getting see-through past waist, but I thought that was a wear and tear thing and not just the way it grew? I thought the stringy ends were a wave pattern thing, too.

No see-through ends:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/hgallant/feb05.jpg

Suddenly, see-through ends:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/hgallant/nov05.jpg

tralalalara
February 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
i've also been wondering this.

I want to find my terminal length, so that means no trims, right? but I don't want "scraggly" broken ends that will shorten my length when they break off... so should I s+d only and get "fairytale" ends?

pdy2kn6
February 28th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Hmmm, really interesting feedback. I am glad it was not just me wondering this.

pdy2kn6
February 28th, 2010, 09:55 PM
i've also been wondering this.

I want to find my terminal length, so that means no trims, right? but I don't want "scraggly" broken ends that will shorten my length when they break off... so should I s+d only and get "fairytale" ends?

Tralalalara, I also want this. My aim is terminal, but to have more see throug thinner as it goes down the length, rather than stringy uneven-ness. (thats just because my hair is quite straight and only wierdly wavyier as it gets towards the bottom). If I had wavy hair or curls I would want to have the more stringy fairytale ends like xandergrammy, because I think they look amazing on curlies.