PDA

View Full Version : Three Years of LHC [with pics!!]

tinker bug
February 28th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Today is my 3 year (and 3 day, I believe) anniversary of joining LHC. I lurked for quite a while before joining after I had donated my BSL hair and was wanting to grow it back I joined this site :D. I've tried CO, WO, CWC, ACV rinses, SMT EVOO oilings, coconut oilings, self-trims, homemade hairsticks, and even jumped onto the epilater bandwagon and can't wait to learn and try more :D Anyway, I've gained about 20 inches in length and have been trimming for the past 2 years (I had never seen a split before, so I decided to grow still I saw them. Not the best idea, but I was able to tell when my hair needed to be trimmed and what damage really looks like. I wouldn't change a thing). And now on to the pictures! Please excuse the weirdness of them, I haven't started properly taking prgress pics untill recently, and when I pose for pictures, its usually because I'm doing something either I, or the photographer thinks is funny, it's just how I am :)

This is Christmas-time 2007 about 1 year after I cut to my nape to donate
http://i48.tinypic.com/29wx05x.jpg

I don't have hardly any pictures of my length in 2008, but I did fiddle around with my bangs quite a bit. This is me dressed to the nines for no reason except to hurry up and use up the remaining exposures on a disposable camera. I'm wearing my faux-beehive updo which I will one day write proper instructions for. Summer 2008
http://i50.tinypic.com/2jba05h.jpg

DBF and I answer to question: "How long is your hair?" January 2009
http://i45.tinypic.com/14brqdx.jpg

This is another weirdie picture of DBF and I, had to edit out our faces; it was not a cute look. I was solidly waist length around here, Summer 2009
http://i49.tinypic.com/25qdo4w.jpg

Another one of us being crazies just for giggles, February 2010:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m154/oopiedoop11/random/2iky6hi.jpg

And about where I am now, taken late December 2009, somewhere between hip and tailbone when straight:
http://i49.tinypic.com/21j59v6.jpg

I'd say I'm solidly tailbone right now, but I'm thinking about chopping back to waist to have a blunt hemline. LHC has given me the blunt hemline jealousy!!

I'm sooo happy I found LHC, before I donated to LoL (don't reccomend it, btw) I knew 5 hairstyles: Cinnabun, double braids, half-up, pony tail, and down. Now I can hardly go through a single day without wanting to take out a style and try another! I had ok condition hair to begin with, but LHC has given me the tools to grow to extreme lengths. Thank you all for an excellent first 3 years!!! :crush:

Ballerina_Boo
February 28th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Wow you have lovely hair. Congrats on your 3 years with LHC =)

Aer
February 28th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Congrats!!! Your hair has gotten prettier with time. You look so adorable in your last pic, and in the swing pic.

Rhiannon7
February 28th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Congrats! your hair looks amazing. love all the pics.

LittleDreamer
February 28th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Your hair is looking fantastic! Congrats on 3 years of good growing :D

DavidN
February 28th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Congratulations on your 3 year LHC anniversary, Tinkerbug, and it is seems odd that our paths have never crossed, since I celebrated my own 3 year anniversary in January. This community is so huge, that it is impossible to know everyone! I looking forward to seeing you around more, and here's to many more years in our community.

You have made outstanding growth (20 inches in 3 years is definitely above average, even more so, knowing that you have trimmed), and your hair is in excellent condition and looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

janeytilllie
February 28th, 2010, 04:05 AM
You have really beautiful hair :)

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! :flower: :cheer:

Sammich
February 28th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Congratssss!! :D <3
You have the most loveliest hair, I love the colour. AND you guys are so adorable. LOL! :D
It's so inspiring and long. :)

girlcat36
February 28th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! And gaining 20" is amazing!

FrannyG
February 28th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Congratulations on three years of beautiful growth! :blossom:

cmnt831
February 28th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Congratulations on 3 years! Your hair is lovely. Beautiful color and length!:)

Tutti_Frutti
February 28th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Great progress! :) The swing pic looks cute!

Xandergrammy
February 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Congratulations! You and your hair are gorgeous! I also love the goofiness of you and your DBF!

nory87
February 28th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Congratulations!! You have amazing hair!! Love the pic on the swing, you look like a model!! Are you planning to grow your hair longer??

Ryanne
February 28th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Congratulations! Amazing, and lovely growth!

paper
February 28th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Happy Anniversary Tinkerbug! :flowers: Nice progress pictures. Your hair is so pretty now.

oceanwoman111
February 28th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Wow! Your pics are a great inspiration. I love seeing other member's progress. Your hair look amazing! :hifive:

lapushka
February 28th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks lovely; love the waves!

merryhair
February 28th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Congratulations on your 3rd Anniversary!! :cheer: Your hair looks gorgeous. I like the swing pic..its just so cool!:D

LoversLullaby
February 28th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Your hair looks so beautiful! Congrats on the three years. :D

Sissy
February 28th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Happy 3 year Anny! You've made great progress and are beautiful!

Debra83
February 28th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Wow, congratulations!!!! LOVE it!

FaeryTails
February 28th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Congratulations! You have beautiful hair.

tinker bug
February 28th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Thank you all for the kind words :crush: I'll definately have to remember all of your replies when I'm having one of those "I hate my hair" days :D

DavidN I vaugely remember you from the old threads, but I did take quite a long hiatus between Summer 2008 and Summer 2009, so that might exolain why our paths haven't crossed. Let's change that :)

Nory87 I really like the length I'm at (TB-ish), but I think I'm going to grow to classic and see how I like it, then cut back to TB-hip if I don't. Who knows, I'm still trying to decide if I'm unhappy enough with the thickness of my ends to cut to waist. I'm thinking yes, as it only took me 7 months to grow from waist to here with trims, but its still losing quite a bit of length... meh I can never decide anything, LOL.

FrannyG
February 28th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Make sure that you do bookmark this thread for one of those "I hate my hair" days. It will definitely help you through it, because all of the remarks are true. :thumbsup:

yellowchariot
February 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Your hair has made extreme progress!
Some people only look at a short term goal and get discouraged! However, over a period of 3 years, that's when you get full picture! Your hair is phenomenal! Keep it up! :tongue:

BTW: I also agree with FrannyG, to bookmark this thread and anyone else for that matter that's gets discouraged! It's all about the long run! ;)

Teazel
February 28th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Nory87 I really like the length I'm at (TB-ish), but I think I'm going to grow to classic and see how I like it, then cut back to TB-hip if I don't.

Be careful: after you've been at Classic for a while you'll start wondering what it would be like at Fingertip... and so it goes on.... :wink:

Lovely hair! Congratulations. :cheer:

Kya
February 28th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Gorgeous hair -- and congratulations on three years of growing!

camirra555
February 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Congrats on three years! Your hair looks great

starlights
February 28th, 2010, 07:47 PM
awww i think the pics are lovely! and your hairs in great condition too!!

curlylocks85
February 28th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Happy Aniversary!!

20 inches in 3 years is awesome. Your hair is fabulous!! You and your DBF look so happy together.:smooch:

Cannot wait to see your progress throughout the year. Maybe you can share some photos of those updos you talked about. :D

Happy Growing. :cheese:

Garnet66
February 28th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Wowee, your hair must grow so fast. Congrats on your third anniversary. Your hair is just amazing.

GoddesJourney
February 28th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Two things. First, your hair looks absolutely amazing. Second,please don't chop it all of just for something like a blunt hemline. Curly hair tends to hide things like lack of blunt hemline. My rule (not that I always follow it) is to look at how much you want to chop and cut only half. Often, you find that you want to cut more than you need, because of what you imagine in the mirror. You can usually achieve the look you want for your ends with a lot less cutting than you think. Anyway, after you cut half, you can still cut more, but you probably won't need too. This way, if you don't like your chop decision, at least you only did half the damage.

tinker bug
March 1st, 2010, 09:51 AM
GodessJourney I was tihnking the exact same thing. Looking in the mirror last night I'm thinking I might cut 3 inches off, which would put me at a little longer than belt-length. I still have a week and 2 days though, before my two week rule is up :flower" I'll let you know what i do :)

Sheltie_Momma
March 2nd, 2010, 08:31 PM
I love your pictures, it is neat really to just see regular pictures. Congrats on your awesome hair!

JamieLeigh
March 3rd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is gorgeous, and you guys look too cute. :D

Lykaios
March 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Really nice hair, good inspiration :)

mellie
March 3rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Beautiful hair! Happy Anniversary!