PDA

View Full Version : Diatomaceous Earth in Sweden/Denmark?

elina333
February 27th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Hi all! :waving:

Does anyone know if you can get DE in Sweden or Denmark, or maybe something similar? Calling all the swedes and danes :D

Konstifik
February 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Hi all! :waving:

Does anyone know if you can get DE in Sweden or Denmark, or maybe something similar? Calling all the swedes and danes :D

Diatomaceous earth = kiselgur. It's mainly silicondioxid (kiseldioxid), and I think pretty many of the hair supplements in our health food stores contain that. :)

elina333
February 28th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Ok but isnt there some sort of really, really concentrated stuff..? Maybe I can ask in the health stores! Thanks! :D

elina333
February 28th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Ok I found it... But they give it to horses. Is that right?

Konstifik
February 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Ok I found it... But they give it to horses. Is that right?

Yes, I have heard that DE is popular among horses :) It's apparently good for their hooves or something.

LoveMyLongHair
March 4th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Do you mind if I ask what you will be using it for? In the States, food grade DE is used by dog people to naturally kill fleas, as it breaks down their crusty outer shell and they basically dehydrate to death.

Is there a use for hair for this? I am just too curious about it.:cheese:

elina333
March 4th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Do you mind if I ask what you will be using it for? In the States, food grade DE is used by dog people to naturally kill fleas, as it breaks down their crusty outer shell and they basically dehydrate to death.

Is there a use for hair for this? I am just too curious about it.:cheese:

Yes there are a few threads about it here somewhere... Its supposed to boost hair growth. A LOT! :D