PDA

View Full Version : Quick and easy new Knotty bun

Qamar
February 27th, 2010, 12:37 AM
This morning my hair decided not to cooperate when I was putting it up, and that actually led to a fun new bun invention. I started out doing a 4 strand french braid back to the crown area, and it just wasn't cooperating. I left the top section in the braid, gathered up the rest and tied it in a knot, pulling the tail through to hang free. I then stuck a hairstick through the knot to anchor it. The tail looked sad, so I took the ends and tucked them up under the bun, securing them with a small barrette that stayed hidden nicely. Voila. Cute knotty bun that you can do in a matter of a minute or less. The braid on the top actually gave it a loose Gibson girl kind of look, but it was secure so it wasn't trying to slip down or have the bun slide down the back of my head, pulling the top flat. I think this is going to be a new standby style for me.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=65160

Pic link below in case the inline photo doesn't work.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=65160

little_acorn
February 27th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Cute :D - I like it!

Isabelle1984
February 27th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Hey thats a cool style you invented by serendipiting:p

Sissy
February 27th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I like it! Looks very nice on you.

countryhopper
February 28th, 2010, 05:29 AM
OOOOhhhhh! Nice bun!

I wish I could invent a bun... maybe when my hair is at a bunnable length...!

Carolyn
February 28th, 2010, 06:54 AM
That's so pretty. I think I might be able to do that one.

FrannyG
February 28th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Beautiful! Another good reason to keep me growing. :)

redwoman
February 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Very nice, I like that one.

MissMandyElizab
February 28th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I can not wait t try this!!!! Thanks!!!!

JCFantasy23
March 1st, 2010, 02:05 PM
Wow that's gorgeous, can't wait to try it

khan
March 2nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
[quote=Qamar;992141]This morning my hair decided not to cooperate when I was putting it up, and that actually led to a fun new bun invention. I started out doing a 4 strand french braid back to the crown area, and it just wasn't cooperating. I left the top section in the braid, gathered up the rest and tied it in a knot, pulling the tail through to hang free. I then stuck a hairstick through the knot to anchor it. The tail looked sad, so I took the ends and tucked them up under the bun, securing them with a small barrette that stayed hidden nicely. Voila. Cute knotty bun that you can do in a matter of a minute or less. The braid on the top actually gave it a loose Gibson girl kind of look, but it was secure so it wasn't trying to slip down or have the bun slide down the back of my head, pulling the top flat. I think this is going to be a new standby style for me.

Very Nice! I have loooooots of non cooperating days.
The old adage is 'necessity is the mother of invention'. I'm going to give this one a try. Thanks!

banglaminerva
March 2nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Beautiful bun! Thanks for sharing!

Rivanariko
March 2nd, 2010, 11:10 PM
Very fun! I might have to try that one of these days!

JamieLeigh
March 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
That looks awesome! I'll have to try that. :)

banglaminerva
March 3rd, 2010, 05:29 PM
I tried this today and love it. I did coil the tail under the bun and it stayed secure the whole day and looked great. Thanks!

CaityBear
March 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
Cute. Sometimes those days when you just can't get your hair to cooperate, they end up being good days. haha

I need to get some new updos. I've been doing two things over and over again. I might have to try this one. :)

wonhwa
March 4th, 2010, 06:18 PM
this is so cool! How do you do a four strand french braid? I am so impressed that the top stayed poufy and does not pull down flat. you go, girl! I am doing this tomorrow.

MrsGuther
October 8th, 2011, 03:08 PM
That is a really interesting bun!