PDA

View Full Version : Rough and Dry Ends from Products

CavyQueen
February 26th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hi! My ends have been dry and a bit frizzy lately. So, I've been oiling (overnight) twice a week, washing the oil out with a cone free Suave conditioner, shampooing with an sls free shampoo (only if needed), then using another conditioner, and then using a light leave-in conditioner. My ends are still dry and rough. I'm thinking it is because of an ingredient I'm using. Which ingredients, other than protein, can dry out the hair? Could it be the Suave? The oil? Thank you. :)

Magicknthenight
February 27th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Hi there! Well if you had used anything with cones maybe that had built up and never really got completely washed off? Perhaps your hair needs to be clarified? Also it sounds like your avoiding protein. I did that thinking it would help make my hair feel softer just adding SMT's...but then i tried a protein conditioner and it was extremely soft. So maybe try a test with both on a small section of hair and see which one feels better?(Moisture/protein)
If you avoid something for too long because it doesn't work you might be surprised that it does later ;). Other then that it could be anything. Did you start this all at once or can you remember when if it got dry when you started using something?
You could always just take away one thing....and see if it gets better. If not you can try using it again if it works and taking away something else. Or you can just using the Shampoo and conditioner for starters to see the results by itself then if its not negativity effecting your hair slowly add in what ever else you want with some time in between so you can really see the effects. Are you oiling wet or dry? Some people have better luck depending on when and how much they oil
Anyway i hope you figure it out i hate it when something doesn't give me the results i was hoping for -_-

eta: woah sorry about those run on sentences!