PDA

View Full Version : Who stole my hair!?

Hypnotica
February 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I just went to sleep-braid my hair, with the usual routine - a light spraying of water and a dab of hair butter. Then I saw this in the mirror:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4390017737_5dc1978d1d_o.jpg

Seriously - it isn't funny. I do not have thick hair. Give my hair back! Stop teasing!

/Lovingly but stern,
Hypnotica.

FallenAngel
February 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Looks kind of thick to me. :) Congrats!

Nightshade
February 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM
oooooooo so pretty :inlove:

My hair is thickening too! I hope it looks like yours in time

Hypnotica
February 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM

Nononononono, you don't understand. It's the evil hair gnomes under my bed that have done something to *trick* my hair to behave like it is thick. It is not thick. My tape measure says so.

ravenreed
February 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Enjoy-- It looks beautiful.

FrannyG
February 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Who cares what the measuring tape says. Your hair looks divine!

BrightEyes7
February 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
That happened to me the other day.... I have pretty thick hair but I went and looked in the mirror while I had my sleep braid in and it was all thick... I was like "WTF... did someone braid hairpieces in while I was asleep?!?" :laugh:

Hana
February 26th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Measurements arent everything!
Trust me. If, in his body building days, Arnie measured his BMI, I'm sure it would put him at least in the Overweight category. Misrepresentation.
Don't always believe what the tape measure tells you! Lovely thick hair is not to be sniffed at! (although you can sniff it all you like, im sure it smells tasty.)

enfys
February 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM
So that's where I left it! Thanks for taking such good care of it.

I think you definately need a new tape measure if it's saying you don't have thick hair!

yellowchariot
February 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Looks kind of thick to me. :) Congrats!

^ +1 I agree! with FallenAngel

Nononononono, you don't understand. It's the evil hair gnomes under my bed that have done something to *trick* my hair to behave like it is thick. It is not thick. My tape measure says so.

^ I bet those gnomes were hiding in the hair butter!!!

Who cares what the measuring tape says. Your hair looks divine!

^ Amen to that! FrannyG makes an excellent point here!

restourceful
February 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
SSSSSHHHHHHHHH!:lipssealed: Don't let it hear you! It might get a complex and run away.;)

Carolyn
February 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Whoa! Don't question it when the hair goddess bestows a thick braid on you :D Awesome braid.

Balenciaga
February 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Well, I definitely think it might be mine. I must have yours then. We should swap.....

:gabigrin:

heidihug
February 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I have thin hair that masquerades as thick hair all the time. The secret is that I trick it by letting it get all loosey-goosey in it's braid and it fluffs out like a cat, all proud. You see, it hates being all twisted into cinnabuns all the time, so when I let it twine around itself, it loves it. 'Tis the secret to my big braided buns, too, you see. ;)

Tresses
February 26th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Great braid! :grin:

MissMandyElizab
February 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hay even evil hair gnome'scan do something nice enjoy it and when a hair toy shows up missing you have paid for it it looks great

NiAosSi
February 26th, 2010, 05:47 PM
:thumbsup: Looks good.

ArienEllariel
February 26th, 2010, 06:29 PM
very nice. :D

christine1989
February 26th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Yay! Keep doing whatever you are doing because it is obviously working! :)

Aer
February 26th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Congrats! It looks beautiful!

Elenna
February 26th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I have thin hair that masquerades as thick hair all the time. The secret is that I trick it by letting it get all loosey-goosey in it's braid and it fluffs out like a cat, all proud. You see, it hates being all twisted into cinnabuns all the time, so when I let it twine around itself, it loves it. 'Tis the secret to my big braided buns, too, you see. ;)

:kitten: So Hypnotica is a cat-like person with fluffy hair!

paperwhite
February 26th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Whoa! Don't question it when the hair goddess bestows a thick braid on you :D Awesome braid.

I agree completely! Don't complain--some of us *cough* would do terrible things to have thicker hair ;) It looks beautiful!

ravensinger13
February 26th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Hay even evil hair gnome'scan do something nice enjoy it and when a hair toy shows up missing you have paid for it it looks great

Let me get this straight, so I offer up hairsticks and scrunchies and get more hair in return? *runs off to find more toys to give to hair gnomes*

Congrats on the beautiful braid, it looks great!

cuddledumplin
February 26th, 2010, 09:26 PM
My hair is thick, but sometimes it is thicker than others. I'm not really sure what causes it, but it's HUGE sometimes.

Anyway, don't look a gift horse in the mouth because it look great.

Tovah
February 26th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Can I borrow those evil hair gnomes?

little_acorn
February 26th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Hehe - looks great :D - don't upset the gnomes they might take it back!

GoddesJourney
February 26th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Sounds like you should measure again or get someone to help you.

Hypnotica
February 27th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments. I guess I'm doing something right as my hair looks this way.

I met my sister today (and a bunch of other relatives) at a baptising today. At one point afterwards while we had some coffee, I had to redo my bun. My sister did the jaw-dropping face when she saw the length. It still feels short to me.

kwaniesiam
February 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Your hair is gorgeous and it certainly looks thick to me!

The thread title had me worried, I thought it was another thread about some creeper who stole photos :justy:

Lamb
February 27th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I'd love to be robbed like that. :lol:
Beautiful braid!!

TiaKitty
February 27th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Yay for hair gnomes... !

Hypnotica
February 27th, 2010, 02:23 PM

I will officially declare you as my hair twin :)

Pixna
February 27th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Evil hair gnomes, eh? I'd be happy to adopt those little fellers. Please send 'em over here -- I want a gorgeous braid like Hypnotica's!!! :inlove:

nellreno
February 27th, 2010, 08:26 PM
As Eddie Izzard said, 'The hair thieves, they come in the night, steal your hair and sell it into slavery!'

Loviatar
February 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Who stole your hair? Oh, me, definitely. I'll have mine back now. Trade? ;)

Looks fabulous!

JamieLeigh
March 3rd, 2010, 09:59 AM
Nice braid! :D The only really thick-looking braid I've ever seen on myself is sitting in my albums on here. I'm not sure whose hair it was or how it ended up on my head, but I'd love to borrow it for awhile again. ;)

young&reckless
March 3rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
It is a nice thick braid.

want:hmm:

:::Stomps off to set up hair gnome traps under bed:::

rags
March 3rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
You can send the gnomes my way whenever you like, Hypnotica! I'll even give them hairtoys if I can get a braid as gorgeous as yours! :crush: