PDA

View Full Version : I'm Officially Hair Obsessed.

Rhiannon7
February 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
So i'm chillin' at home, hennaing, and watching the Jonas Brothers concert featuring Taylor Swift, well instead of enjoying the music i was wondering if Taylor Swift's hair would reach waist if straight! So beautiful and curly, shiny.

If that is not hair obsessing.....i don't know what is. :p

Just had to share 'cuz all of a sudden i was laughing as i wondered about her hair. I mean it sounds crazy, but instead of enjoying the great song i was thinking about how long her hair was and if it was her natural hair or extensions. and it sounds so....dumb. but well i guess i am hair obsessed, right? or is it something normal once you decide to grow hair to super lengths to wonder about other people's hair like this?

aililiú
February 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM
i think once you become focused on something in your life, you notice it everywhere. like when i was a kid and had braces, and afterwards i noticed everybody's teeth ;)

IndigoAsh
February 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I do the same thing all the time. My husband told me yesterday 'I used to love long hair'. Seems I'm too picky and obsessed with it.

alexas
February 26th, 2010, 01:02 PM
welcome to the club

BrightEyes7
February 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Yes.... I told my DBF I was going to change real quick and I'd be right out. He comes in like 30 minutes later "It has been a long time, what are you doing?"

:hmm:.... "Looking at my hair".... :laugh:

PiroskaCicu
February 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Hehehe, I do this too sometimes! When I see long hair, I always wonder about it and obsess over it. :)

CavyQueen
February 26th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Yes, I think we all do it. Being a long hair is a life-style not only a hair-style. When I see a person with blow fried hair, all I want to do is drench it in oil. I hate seeing women at the gym using brushes on wet hair and people look at me weird when they get a handful of oil after they grab my pony tail. Hair is a science and we understand it unlike the masses. Good for us!

FrannyG
February 26th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Yes, even after being here for 3 and a half years, and a couple of haircuts, I do it too. :laugh:

jera
February 26th, 2010, 03:00 PM
So i'm chillin' at home, hennaing, and watching the Jonas Brothers concert featuring Taylor Swift, well instead of enjoying the music i was wondering if Taylor Swift's hair would reach waist if straight! So beautiful and curly, shiny.

If that is not hair obsessing.....i don't know what is. :p

Just had to share 'cuz all of a sudden i was laughing as i wondered about her hair. I mean it sounds crazy, but instead of enjoying the great song i was thinking about how long her hair was and if it was her natural hair or extensions. and it sounds so....dumb. but well i guess i am hair obsessed, right? or is it something normal once you decide to grow hair to super lengths to wonder about other people's hair like this?

Haha ! :p I love Taylor. She's so beautiful and her hair is just awesome. Those waves ! Actually, she did wear her hair straightened last Dec. and it didn't look very good on her at all. She went back to the wavies fast.

I'm hair obsessed too.:D

Unofficial_Rose
February 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I hate seeing women at the gym using brushes on wet hair and people look at me weird when they get a handful of oil after they grab my pony tail. Hair is a science and we understand it unlike the masses. Good for us!

OMG yes! I saw some woman torturing some really dry, fragile strands with the blowfryer in the gym for what seemed like an eternity the other day. I mean, I know it's not my business what people do with their hair, but - oh my! shudder:

I've also seen headfulls of tinder-dry frizz that I've thought would look SO much better with a little smidge of oil...

And on a positive note, I am watching the latest series of Desperate Housewives and I'm so obsessed with Teri Hatcher's lovely hair. And Marsha Cross's hair. And Eva Longoria's hair too!

flutterbudget
February 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I was watching "Watchmen" with my DH a couple weeks ago. The female lead has waist length or so hair, really dark and thick. Clearly not all hers, probably a wig. And I just keep watching it and how real hair doesn't DO that. And during this one action scene, where I'm sure DH is trying to pay attention to who's living and who's dying, I finally say "That hair is... enhanced." And DH is like "um, duh?" :rolleyes:

Capybara
February 26th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I think the same thing happens with pretty much everything - like, when you get a new car, you suddenly notice that model of car everywhere you go. When you start growing your hair, you notice the length/color/condition/type of hair on more people (:

JenniferNoel
February 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I watch classic movies start to finish, one after another on lazy days, and have been doing so for a while, and half the time, I'm thinking about how they do those up-dos and what they're holding them up with and all that. hahahaha.

rach
February 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM
yep i was doing this with labyrinth last night:rolleyes:

christine1989
February 26th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Im sure it would reach waist- it is pretty long even when curly. Who knows though, she may wear some extentions to make it look thicker or longer.

Rhiannon7
February 26th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Ohh thank god i'm not the only one! glad to be in this club. Never saw watchmen, will check and see when it is shown and watch it. yes i do watch the classics too, love breakfast at tiffany's and gone with the wind, Casablanca and many others.

Even when i had short hair (shoulder length) i loved to see women and men with long hair ( classic and beyond.) Anyway, i have been watching long haired people alot more lately, but this time when i was just chillin' and watching the concert Taylor shows up and sings and all i could do was look at her hair, all i know about the song was that it sounded a bit country.

But loved her hair, waves and loose curls, it looked so thick and shiny and i started laughing when i realized i had obsessed about Taylor's hair. just had to share.

Elenna
February 26th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I look at people's hair. Mostly, I don't see hair in good health &/or it's cut short. I think of how to fix their hair better.

I am amazed at the amount of coconut oil I can put in my hair!!!

I notice a person's hair before anything else. Not that my hair is as gorgeous as some real LHCers I met at meets. That is some hair!

flutterbudget
February 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Ohh thank god i'm not the only one! glad to be in this club. Never saw watchmen, will check and see when it is shown and watch it.

Here (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1207604480/tt0409459) is the hair I was talking about, just in case the movie is not your cup of tea. And here (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2741540352/tt0409459) it is being flame retardent and impossibly swingy. There is one scene I wish I could find a still of, but haven't so far.

elina333
February 27th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Haha been there done that :P

JamieLeigh
March 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Haha, welcome to the club! I'm always mentally making-over other people's hair, LHC-style. ;)