PDA

View Full Version : My dad

whiteisle
February 25th, 2010, 06:19 PM
He's great. Really he is. I was seriously contemplating a big chop and Sunday morning he called me just to tell me what an awful idea he thought that was. It was kinda surprising and definitely touching. And that is what changed my mind actually.

Then today he and my mom were shopping at a health store and he found this absolutely fantastic bamboo wooden quill paddle brush and he called to tell me about it. It sounded great but I told him I'd have to get it later - low funds. Lo and behold, he bought it for me and said it was a gift. :agape: I mean, c'mon. I know my dad really likes long hair on me but now he's invested! Hahaaha! Seriously, it was sooooo sweet of him. Yea, I love him. :crush:

Hana
February 25th, 2010, 06:22 PM
awwwww. sweet. :D im glad you have someone who appreciates your hair vanity.... i mean total gentle protective expensive-brush-needing care, of course! hehehe.

CrisDee
February 25th, 2010, 07:07 PM
That's the sweetest thing EVER! :love: You're so blessed to have such a great dad :)

yellowchariot
February 25th, 2010, 07:29 PM
If I may ask. . . Why are you considering a "big chop"? Your health looks very healthy!

Sorry for being nosy! :o

RoseRedDead
February 25th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Aw, that is so touching. Geez, makes me wanna give my Dad a big ol' hug.. :D

whiteisle
February 25th, 2010, 07:48 PM
If I may ask. . . Why are you considering a "big chop"? Your health looks very healthy!

Sorry for being nosy! :o

Stupid reason, really. Last Friday I had a larger than necessary trim (can you see the smoke still coming outta me??) and to top it off it was a gosh-awful trim - uneven and all over the place. It has made my hemline look dreadful. So it really got me down and then it got me questioning why I was so hung up on it and then the whole domino effect of thoughts started and I ended up thinking I'd be better off with shorter hair, that maybe long hair dragged me down, made me look more tired/worn out (the kids do a good job of that though, lol) abd dh really prefers my hair shorter so that played a role - again, stupid, I know. :rolleyes:

So thank goodness for my wonderful, sweet dad! :D He brought me back to my senses. I like my hair longer and I still want to see it super long but I still can't handle this awful cut.

So tomorrow I'm going to a lady I half-way trust to try to straighten it out and hopefully (fingers crossed) not loose too much more length. I'm already missing an inch from last Friday! :(

SHELIAANN1969
February 25th, 2010, 07:50 PM
What a cool dad, you're so lucky to have such a cool Pops! :flower:

little_acorn
February 25th, 2010, 07:53 PM
awww thats so cool - what a lovely dad :D

yellowchariot
February 25th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Stupid reason, really. Last Friday I had a larger than necessary trim (can you see the smoke still coming outta me??) and to top it off it was a gosh-awful trim - uneven and all over the place. It has made my hemline look dreadful. So it really got me down and then it got me questioning why I was so hung up on it and then the whole domino effect of thoughts started and I ended up thinking I'd be better off with shorter hair, that maybe long hair dragged me down, made me look more tired/worn out (the kids do a good job of that though, lol) abd dh really prefers my hair shorter so that played a role - again, stupid, I know. :rolleyes:

So thank goodness for my wonderful, sweet dad! :D He brought me back to my senses. I like my hair longer and I still want to see it super long but I still can't handle this awful cut.

So tomorrow I'm going to a lady I half-way trust to try to straighten it out and hopefully (fingers crossed) not loose too much more length. I'm already missing an inch from last Friday! :(

^ You know, I've noticed in life that whenever you are about to make a personal major decision (it could be anything), someone/something comes along to encourage the true inner-self choice that you want to make. ;) Usually it's a blessing in disguise!

whiteisle
February 25th, 2010, 08:00 PM
^ You know, I've noticed in life that whenever you are about to make a personal major decision (it could be anything), someone/something comes along to encourage the true inner-self choice that you want to make. ;) Usually it's a blessing in disguise!

I completely agree! :)

urara12
February 25th, 2010, 08:13 PM
how sweet of your dad!!:)

Sissy
February 25th, 2010, 08:34 PM
lovely what your father did. I think that's fantastic!

GoddesJourney
February 25th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Stupid reason, really. Last Friday I had a larger than necessary trim (can you see the smoke still coming outta me??) and to top it off it was a gosh-awful trim - uneven and all over the place. It has made my hemline look dreadful. So it really got me down and then it got me questioning why I was so hung up on it and then the whole domino effect of thoughts started and I ended up thinking I'd be better off with shorter hair, that maybe long hair dragged me down, made me look more tired/worn out (the kids do a good job of that though, lol) abd dh really prefers my hair shorter so that played a role - again, stupid, I know. :rolleyes:...

So your revenge to a bad hair cut is to get another one? Be defiant! Grow it out! *cheers*

templeofvenus
February 26th, 2010, 02:28 AM
aaaaaaah that is so sweet

Aditi
February 26th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Awww that is really so sweet and caring of him:blossom:

CrisDee
February 26th, 2010, 09:06 AM

YC, you're awesome - this advice is right on :)

merryhair
February 26th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Awww....that's so sweet of him. Lucky you!:)

IndigoAsh
February 26th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I think your hair is gorgeous!! Don't chop it off T.T I wish my dad was super cool like that.

on a side note... little acorn in your profile pic where did you get the hair sticks/bun holder??? I love it so much!!!

Madame J
February 26th, 2010, 09:33 AM

I was considering henna until my husband reminded me that my original pixie was in order to get back to undyed hair. So more playing with color could mean another chop for me.

deko
February 26th, 2010, 02:24 PM
You have lovely dad! You are so so lucky! Great and thoughtful present. And your hair looks lovely!

BrightEyes7
February 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Lucky... my dad probably wouldn't even notice if I chopped off my hip length hair to my ears!!! But that is my dad... and he defiantely wouldn't think about me wanting a cool brush or anything.

I mean the other day he was like "hey, your hair is kinda long" It's like "KINDA?!?" He thought it was just so easy to go from APL to hip... it doesn't happen over night buddy!

Your hair looks great btw... after your 2nd trim!

whiteisle
February 26th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I mean the other day he was like "hey, your hair is kinda long" It's like "KINDA?!?" He thought it was just so easy to go from APL to hip... it doesn't happen over night buddy!

Your hair looks great btw... after your 2nd trim!

This made me really LOL! And thank you!