PDA

View Full Version : CO

shockinglength
February 25th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I added the last of my jojoa oil (2 tbsp) to my lush condishioner. When I Co my oily scalp with my suave condish, and rinsed it out I applied the lush on the hair from the ears down (it was very dry) After I got out of the shower I allpied a little bit of coconut oil and aloe gel.This was on Tues. After it dries the scalp was clean and soft but the length was oily! A complete reverse from before. So I left the hair the way it was and have had my hair bunned since then. I want to CO again on Saturday. How can I fix the oilyness and prevent this from happening again? Maybe I slould use just the suave? Any help? TIA

Fractalsofhair
February 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
The lush on it's own might have been moisturizing enough. Adding oil to it might have made it too greasy. Try using the suave all over, which is what a lot of people here do!

lhangel9
February 25th, 2010, 05:57 PM
what is lush conditioner? where can it be purchased?

Fractalsofhair
February 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM
It's a conditioner that's often sold in Lush stores in the mall. They have a bunch of different types.http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/haircare/conditioners/ That's the USA site, though they're sold in many countries. Personally, I think they all smell quite strong and are expensive, so I don't use them, but many people like them.

Emerson
February 25th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Maybe just try the suave? I have just recently started CO (over the last month or two) I just use suave or V05...and lots of it, I really massage it into my scalp, I part my hair at the back and make sure that a good amount of conditioner gets in there too. Then rinse, rinse rince. I use a thicker conditioner on my length/ends. So far this has worked really well for me. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll find what works for your hair :)

Cinnamon Hair
February 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Maybe cut back on the oil next time. You might even need to shampoo to get some of it out. 2tbsp of oil in your conditioner plus adding more oil as a leave-in is a little overboard in my experience.

For daily use you just need a tiny amount of oil. Think one or two drops, or if your oil is in a bottle put your hand over the bottle, tip it over then back, and the circle left on your hand is enough.

I would only use more oil on the night before a planned shampoo day.