PDA

View Full Version : slides and sticks for swap

Finoriel
May 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM
This are slides and sicks I made for myself some time ago. Iīve outgrown of the small and shorter ones and donīt wear half-ups any longer. The medium sized ones turned out to be too small / short for the bun styles I planned them for and some are too rosé to look good with my hair-colour. All of them are sitting around unused way too long.

The dark wood is walnut and the light wood is beech, sanded at least twice, polished with beeswax. The slide covers and the small stars are made of birch-bark in a traditional Swedish way. Itīs a durable material which is flexible and strong enough to create slides, with the natural birch pattern. The colour ranges from whitish over soft rosé to brownish. Birch bark is a natural raw material and I donīt recommend it for hot and dry climates / storage places, this would make the bark brittle and hard, unless you would keep them in a humidor. Cold and humid is perfect, cold and dry is OK, warm and humid also. Wetting the bark inbetween when it getīs harder is recommended. If you like to know the exact measurements of a certain stick or slide or a photo from another angle, just ask.
Iīd like to swap them, no money and no plastic clips or dangly things please. I have a soft spot for green coloured things, natural materials and handmade stuff, to give you an idea :)
I live in Sweden, so shipping from/to Sweden.

Links to some pictures of them: no flash (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=975&pictureid=10838), with flash (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=975&pictureid=10839).

Left side:
- small slide with flower pattern, colour soft rosa
- small slide plain birch, colour range from whitish to soft rosa [pending]
- two woven birch stars on bobby pins
- small coconut-slide (usable for halfup buns like the gibraltar or an inside out bun) [pending]
- pair of sticks with wood bead, stick unknown wood (could be ceder, not sure)

Right side:
- medium slide straight, colour range from whitish to soft rosa, beech-stick [pending]
- medium slide circles, colour whitish, beech-stick
- medium slide waves, colour range from whitish to soft brownish, walnut-stick
- medium walnut stick with recess
- double ended walnut-stick, with short usable length
- medium walnut stubby-stick
- long walnut stick with green flowery glass-bead, short usable length

:gabigrin: I donīt bite ;)

Edited: [pending]

TheHippieChick
May 1st, 2008, 12:26 PM
Very cool stix!

lora410
May 1st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Oh man I almost wish your were selling them. I don't have anything i'd want to swap and I am in serious envy of the stick with green bead and flowers. You are extremly talented!!!!

Finoriel
May 2nd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Thank you TheHippieChick, yeah I like them too ;) unfortunately they became some inch too short now and the double ended one never worked for me. I planned to use it for a Chinese half up, but the usable length was too short immediately :rant: and my hair ate up most of the design.

lora410 :o thank you for the sweet compliment!
I really prefer to swab, Iīm sorry. Iīm one of those annoying barter-people ;) I use money to buy the normal, boring and necessary things of live. Giving away a hair-stick to pay some veggies, flour and maybe toilet-paper or some new socks (to quote my shopping-list) for the money, sounds so :scared:profane. Sorry, Iīm weird in this point, I know :o

TheHippieChick
May 2nd, 2008, 08:09 AM
ha Ha Ha...I can relate! Your list sounds just like mine!!!