PDA

View Full Version : The Articles Section is Fixed!

Stephanie
March 10th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Check it out and post away! :rockerdud

Jennifer
March 10th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks, Steph! You have been one busy woman!

Stephanie
March 10th, 2008, 12:30 PM
So have you! :D

Nightshade
March 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM
/dashes off to post the henna and herbal hair coloring articles

WOOOO!!

capelli lunghi
March 10th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Awesome!!! Thanks so much! I submitted a Hair Styling Article.. I'm assuming it needs to be approved before it will show?.. Just wondering!

Thanks for everything!

Nightshade
March 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Awesome!!! Thanks so much! I submitted a Hair Styling Article.. I'm assuming it needs to be approved before it will show?.. Just wondering!

Thanks for everything!

Wondering that too :)

And where it says "Photo" at the bottom, is that like an icon for the article or is it to load photos into the article? What are the reccomended sizes/dimensions for these.

eadwine
March 10th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hair Styling, the top link there, where there is an image next to it, gave me the "we're almost back!" message just now. Just to let you know :)

Birchbark
March 11th, 2008, 11:13 AM
So should we be reposting articles from the old LHC, or are they coming back? I guess I need to go find my WO article. . . I hope I saved it somewhere.

Teacherbear
March 11th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Just FYI, for now, articles are submitted and must be approved. There are several articles in cue, so we're getting them in slowly and surely.

Nightshade
March 11th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I have a question with that- Will we be able to edit/update our articles? Because of the submission process I wasn't able to check the formatting or the links in my articles. :(

physicschick
March 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I don't know for sure, but it looks to me like editing is only for mods. I will check on this. It makes sense to me that we'd want the article author to be able to update it.

capelli lunghi
March 12th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I was able to go in and edit my article..

physicschick
March 12th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Fabulous! Thanks for letting me know, capelli lunghi.

Nightshade
March 12th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I was able to go in and edit my article..

Oh sweet. I can't wait until mine is posted *dances*

capelli lunghi
March 13th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Just a quick question.. or several.. lol..

I want to make some more hair style tutorials, but, obviously, I don't want to do one that someone has already done. How long do the articles stay "in the cue"?.. If I do duplicate one that is already in the cue, are they combined?.. or ya'll just pick one to post?.. or are they both posted?

Lady Godiva
March 14th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Capelli lunghi, I suggest PMing the person who wrote the previous article to ask first, if you can remember who the member is, or PM someone else who might remember. No sense in duplicating efforts or risking offending the style's inventor, and you never know, maybe that person doesn't want to write the article again, so you might be clear to go ahead! ;)

capelli lunghi
March 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks, Lady Godiva.. I can't even remember what all tutorials were for.. LOL Anyhow.. I'll just wait a while I guess and if I make up something, I'll do a tut for that! Thanks for the info!

Nynaeve
March 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Oh sweet. I can't wait until mine is posted *dances*

Can't wait to reread your articles!!!
:cheese:

Not that I haven't read them all three times before....

:P

Nightshade
March 18th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Can't wait to reread your articles!!!
:cheese:

Not that I haven't read them all three times before....

:P

I've even got a new one coming up on an Equilibrium bun. :D

Mod crew, I know you're super-busy and I'm not trying to whine, but can I please have my articles up, they're the exact same as they were on the old LHC, sans the links that no longer work.

:o Okay, I'm sorry, I AM whining, but my inbox is asploding with henna questions! It's just so much easier to direct people there for general info, and I'm not sure how long the cache we've got is going to stay working.

:flowers:

dancingbarefoot
March 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Mod crew, I know you're super-busy and I'm not trying to whine, but can I please have my articles up, they're the exact same as they were on the old LHC, sans the links that no longer work.

I'm sure the admins will get to it just as soon as they can.

:o Okay, I'm sorry, I AM whining, but my inbox is asploding with henna questions!

You should see our inboxes! :wink:

Nightshade
March 18th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm sure the admins will get to it just as soon as they can.

You should see our inboxes! :wink:

Oh good lord, I can only imagine :rolleyes:

I wasn't trying to squeak too loudly, just wanted to give a tiny squeak ;) :o

dancingbarefoot
March 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I know. :) It is on the admin to-do list, though, honest. :flowers:

Teacherbear
March 18th, 2008, 09:25 PM
We approved and posted a bunch of articles tonight. Go check them out!

And I have a confession to make. Someone* submitted a thread on EOs. When I went to read/review it, I accidentally hit delete. I can't find where to retrieve it, and no Admin are around to go hunting in their Admin panel. So, who ever submitted it, please resubmit it. Thank you! :flower:

*I say "someone" because in that window I can't see who submits an article.

dancingbarefoot
March 18th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Teacherbear taught me that mods can approve articles, too, not just admins. Thanks! :)

And I confess that it could've been me who accidentally deleted the EO article. What if I hit the delete button instead of edit? :oops:

snowbear
March 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM
The font size on the Henna article made my eyes fall out. :lol:
Would it be possible to make it bigger (maybe the same size as the Herbs one?)

I'm liking the new articles design, though.

dancingbarefoot
March 18th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Sorry about that! When I approved it, I didn't even pay attention to the font size (only content). :oops: Better now?

Nightshade
March 18th, 2008, 11:35 PM
EEEEEEEE! thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! :D

snowbear
March 18th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Much, thanks! =D

Teacherbear
March 19th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I've already told DBF, but it was definately me who deleted the EO article. I clicked (what I thought was "view/edit" then as soon as I clicked it I saw "delete" underlined or highlighted. :brickwall nooooooooooooo!

I'm glad ya'll like the articles set up!

Nightshade
March 27th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I went to edit the henna and the herbal hair coloring articles and they disappeared :( Does that mean that if I fix a typo the article needs to be reapproved, or did I mess up and delete something?

physicschick
March 27th, 2008, 09:43 AM
They just need reapproval, nothing to worry about. They will be back as soon as someone gets to them.

Nightshade
March 27th, 2008, 09:47 AM
They just need reapproval, nothing to worry about. They will be back as soon as someone gets to them.

Oh good, I was terrified I'd deleted something! :flowers: Thanks!

Lady Godiva
March 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I went to edit the henna and the herbal hair coloring articles and they disappeared :( Does that mean that if I fix a typo the article needs to be reapproved, or did I mess up and delete something?
It has to be reapproved, as I discovered, too.

ETA: I just saw Physicschick answered this. :doh:

Nightshade
June 17th, 2008, 03:20 PM
:wail: I had seen in Flaxen's post that members with 1000+ posts and 365+ days membership could edit their articles and not have them be waylaid for mod re-approval, but I tried it and my henna article is gone again

ETA: the link in my siggy goes to the updated article, but it's gone from the articles page.

dancingbarefoot
June 18th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Huh, that's what I thought the permissions were, too. I'll go check the articles queue.

Nightshade
June 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Huh, that's what I thought the permissions were, too. I'll go check the articles queue.

YAY! It's back, thank you :cheer:

Nightshade
July 9th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Duh, posted in the wrong thread

Nightshade
August 15th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I just posted a new article on how hair becomes damaged and how to savage it. Will I be notified once it's been given a thumb's up, or should I just stalk the articles section until then? :o

freznow
August 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I just posted a new article on how hair becomes damaged and how to savage it. Will I be notified once it's been given a thumb's up, or should I just stalk the articles section until then? :o

I hope that's a typo... :poot:

Nightshade
August 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I hope that's a typo... :poot:

:oops: Dammit ;)

Dianyla
August 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I just manually approved it.

But even better than that... I just turned off the setting that requires Articles to be approved by a moderator or admin. Since the Gurus are the only ones generating articles I think we can trust you guys to produce great content! :cheese:

dorothea-brooke
August 16th, 2008, 12:51 AM
:oops: Dammit ;)

I think it's hilarious! Many is the time I wanted to savage my hair.... :p

I'm looking forward to the article, BTW. :D

Nightshade
August 18th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Ugh, I DID savage my hair! Hence the article. :rolleyes: ;)

My thanks to whichever mod approved it so quickly :flowers: :cheer:

magda
October 13th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Hi I wrote an article (Haire care section), but all the newlines (enter-commands) seem to have dissappeared. I tried to fix it by editing, but there is the same problem. What did I do wrong? (Besides spelling) Magda EDIT: The same in this post... (I use Galeon)

dancingbarefoot
October 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM
You may need to hit the "enter" (return) key twice to get one linebreak. Try that and see if it works, please.

magda
October 14th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Thanks for your help! I hit enter even thrice to get a free line (which was shown in my editor-window), but it was compressed in spite of that. It has to be Galeon; I can't insert emoticons either. (Other browsers on this computer don't enable me to log in. Next week I will be on my old computer)

dor3girl
October 14th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Woo Hoo! So happy!

magda
October 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM
So, it has been Galeon ;)
Last tiny problem: a 8 ) is an 8)...

wannia
October 12th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Hi...........
Awesome dear.I like so much.
Thanks for sharing.:)