PDA

View Full Version : My new Spring look! (new pics)

ericthegreat
February 25th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Hey guys, spring is arriving soon and with the change in seasons also comes a change in how I feel and how I want to look. I never had platinum blond highlights before, and you only live once so voila!

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/471/12103064.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/12103064.jpg/)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4826&pictureid=65040

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1582/picture2802.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/picture2802.jpg/)

............................continued

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/508/28433878.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/i/28433878.jpg/)

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5930/picture2812.jpg (http://img715.imageshack.us/i/picture2812.jpg/)

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3345/picture2792.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/picture2792.jpg/)

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5267/20177355.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/20177355.jpg/)

.................................................. .........BAMMMMM!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7030/16970037.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/16970037.jpg/)

tralalalara
February 25th, 2010, 12:40 PM
highlights look so nice in braids!

how many times did you have to bleach it to get it so bright? My dark blonde friend had to do at least two treatments to get her whole head a platinum white that soon got brassy anyway.

edit:: or are they clip in? i can't tell! >.<!!

Tovah
February 25th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Wow!
Stunning.

Isabelle1984
February 25th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Nice look :cool: !!! But those are not real, are they? :o

spidermom
February 25th, 2010, 12:45 PM
You apparently have very strong hair! All that bleaching, and mine would be standing on end with dry frizz all over the place! Those white streaks look like clip-ins, though.

Angela_Rose
February 25th, 2010, 12:46 PM
...wow. That's really bright.

ericthegreat
February 25th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Thanks Tralalalara and Tovah.

Tralalarara, I've been lightening my hair with 20 volume ever since the beginning of last August. My natural virgin colour is the darkest of midnight black as you can see from my avatar. I've had jet black all my life and I was jsut sick and tired of it, so I took the plunge and went to my salon to get highlights. I've been lightening my hair gradually, I first went from my virgin black to medium brown, then I went from medium brown to lighter brown, then I added in blond highlights to the light brown, then after that I became a total redhead, and now I've kept the red as a base colour and put the platinum blond highlights back in. I get my roots done every 5 weeks.

Garnet66
February 25th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Your hair looks great, Eric. I love the new highlights. I agree that your hair must be very strong. One dose of box color and my hair is fried.

little_acorn
February 25th, 2010, 01:03 PM
WOW Eric - those highlights have a large visual impact

BeatlesFanGirl
February 25th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Wow your highlights look amazing in braid and down too! :) Your hair is beautiful, both the original black and the light brown with highlights!

Altocumulus
February 25th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Your hair looks great!

I'll have to take your word for it about spring though...looks like snowy, snowy winter out there today. Maybe your spring invocation will work, and it will stop snowing!

*Rose Red*
February 25th, 2010, 01:27 PM
wow, great!

Islandgrrl
February 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM
:bigeyes: Eric! Seriously???? That's INSANE!!!

Of course I mean that in a good way! :)

yellowchariot
February 25th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Eric, those are great colors. It does have a spring look. Excellent pattern as well!

Ravenne
February 25th, 2010, 01:58 PM
That looks phenomenal!! Wow! I love the way the highlights look in the braid! Very unique. I've never seen anything like this before. :D

Twil
February 25th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Awesome and very springy! The gradual lightening was clever. I wouldn't have the patience!

(the third pic of the second post reminded me of s'mores poptarts, i must be hungry *goes and gets food*)

2peasinapod
February 25th, 2010, 02:04 PM
:bigeyes: Your hair must be very strong!

I love the way the highlights look in the braid! :)

alexas
February 25th, 2010, 02:05 PM
impressive

Sabayon
February 25th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Awesome and very springy! The gradual lightening was clever. I wouldn't have the patience!

(the third pic of the second post reminded me of s'mores poptarts, i must be hungry *goes and gets food*)

Agreed, I wouldn't have the patience for it either. The all-over color looks great and the highlights came out very cool, especially in a braid.

BrightEyes
February 25th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Wow, your hair looks so cool! I love the contrast of colors. Well done.

PiroskaCicu
February 25th, 2010, 02:34 PM
WOW! It looks so awesome!! :) I love it.

BrightEyes7
February 25th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I love it! I like how the highlights are coming from the under layers (well that is how it looks) The braid is awesome looking.

Haha it is still cold there... we have shorts/t-shirt weather here already! :bigtongue:

I have a major case of hair envy... your hair is so dark (well naturally) and shiny and strong and straight! LUCKY!

MissMandyElizab
February 25th, 2010, 02:40 PM
wow your hair is amazing ,,,,,and you look good to

redtea
February 25th, 2010, 02:43 PM
It looks awesome! I love your hair! :)

DarkChocolate
February 25th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Looks cool Eric:) I love your braid and loose hair on top look:) The blonde highlights look dynamite:)

GuinevereMay
February 25th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Wow, those highlights really stand out! Looks good! Lucky you, my hair would have fizzled up and turned to dust if I had attempted it.

camirra555
February 25th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Very funky!

teela1978
February 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Your braid kinda looks like a neopolitan ice cream :)

spidermom
February 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Come on - the white streaks are clip-ins/extensions; am I right?

teela1978
February 25th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Come on - the white streaks are clip-ins/extensions; am I right?

The 2nd picture in the 2nd post kinda looks like clip-ins. Or maybe the stylist separated out the highlights really carefully so they'd show better in the braid. ETA: and they are kinda shorter than the rest of the hair, and seem to be gone in the last picture :)

Totally ice creamy though.

renarok
February 25th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I agree with Spidermom, I am a little skeptical of the platinum. Those highlights are all consistently shorter than the remainder of his hair, and there are sections where they come from the scalp.

Fractalsofhair
February 25th, 2010, 06:11 PM
I do agree with spider mom about the 2nd picture,and after that wig, we don't know if to trust you or not with the coloring! XD

But, it does look nice, and I love how it looks in the braid. Very spring. Your hair is amazingly strong.

guccixx
February 25th, 2010, 06:16 PM
OMG! I love it!!! You look so fly in that suit and shades. I literally gasped when I saw your pictures. Your hair looks great! Do you plan on keeping it like that for a while, or are you very experimental with your hair?

kwaniesiam
February 25th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I love the highlights! It looks great with the rest of your color. Did they get a small trim though? They do look slightly shorter than the rest but that may have just been to snip off the damage at the very ends.

Chemicals are not nearly as damaging to your hair as most people here think when in the hands of a skilled colorist. That combined with proper care is probably the reason Eric's hair has been able to stand all of the processing and still look so good ;)

Elphie
February 25th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I'm calling "April Fools" as well, they look great, but they do appear to be clip ons.
Very cool, nonetheless.

MandaMom2Three
February 25th, 2010, 06:56 PM
You SO rock that hair! :rockerdude:

ericthegreat
February 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, thank you all of you for the wonderful compliments. :blossom: :blossom: :cheer:

And no everyone, even though the platinum blond strands are shorter than the bottom length of my hair, it is in fact all of my real hair. My hair is thick enough, I personally don't need extensions :). My hair is cut in long layers, they gradually blend in with the bottom length of my hair. I have long layers that frame my face and also on the top crown section of my head. My layers are long, and they are cut very gradually so many times that are almost invisible. If I slightly brush my hair back, you can't even see them. But I do in fact have layers.

In case you guys still don't believe me, here is a photo of me taken a little more than a year ago. And about the tan, my family and I just came back from spending two weeks in St. Thomas. Which reminds me, I could use another vacation!

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9470/eric92.jpg (http://img535.imageshack.us/i/eric92.jpg/)

Marz Hase
February 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM
AAAAIIIEEE! Your hair is so gorgeous!! :)

christine1989
February 25th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Wow! I always thought that bright blonde highlights looked tacky but yours are awesome! Very trendy indeed! :)

Lorien
February 25th, 2010, 08:29 PM
.................................................. .........BAMMMMM!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7030/16970037.jpg (http://img163.imageshack.us/i/16970037.jpg/)

Double BAAAAAAM!! this is awesome, very chic :)

motormuffin
February 25th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Fancy schmancy. :)

ericthegreat
February 25th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I love the highlights! It looks great with the rest of your color. Did they get a small trim though? They do look slightly shorter than the rest but that may have just been to snip off the damage at the very ends.

Chemicals are not nearly as damaging to your hair as most people here think when in the hands of a skilled colorist. That combined with proper care is probably the reason Eric's hair has been able to stand all of the processing and still look so good ;)

Oh definitely kwaniesiam. The typical teenaged to twentysomething year old girl today often likes to get blond highlights and she also flat irons her hair pin straight a lot. The fact that these young ladies can still have BSL to even waist length hair shows that hair is a lot stronger that many members here on LHC fear that it is :). If I can just squeeze out a tiny honest opinion, a lot of members here actually treat their hair a little too well :flower:. If you guys want to experiment with a few highlights, or blow out and flat iron your hair straight, its totally okay because 95% of the rest of your time, you guys stretch out your washes, CO only, S&D your ends very often, and apply coconut oil or almond oil so all of us here take care of our hair a lot more diligently than the average, non-LHC person.

Also unfortunately, not everyone's hair is created equal. Some people have very fine hair that demands the utmost of delicate care, and some people like me have naturally thick, coarse hair that is as strong as a strand of iron of the same thickness. So unfortunately, it is indeed both true and possible for someone with very fine hair to easily get split ends and breakage from just simply combing out her hair, while someone else in this world who has very thick, coarse hair can bleach her hair from jet black to platinum blond and then straighten it with a blowdryer and a flat iron and still have shiny, healthy-looking hair.

OMG! I love it!!! You look so fly in that suit and shades. I literally gasped when I saw your pictures. Your hair looks great! Do you plan on keeping it like that for a while, or are you very experimental with your hair?

Gucciuxx, I'm the most impulsive guy you'll ever meet, just ask all the long time regular members here!:p

What I can guarantee about myself is that even I don't know what I'll look like 3 months from now, let alone next year or 20 years from now. :disco:

GoddesJourney
February 25th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Wow! So creative! I really like that copper look with the black and white streaks through it. It looks awesome both down and in a braid. Yay anime hair. You rock!

Cinnamon Hair
February 25th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Well that's a different look! Very celebrity-esque, especially with the sunglasses. :)

Quixii
February 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Wow! I have to admit, I've been watching all of your recent colour changes with a bit of trepidation, but this more recent addition really looks great. You look like a rock star! :rockerdud
I hope you enjoy it!

ericthegreat
February 25th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks GoddessJourney, Cinnamon Hair and Quixii. Thanks to all you guys who gave me compliments, I cherish all of them. :heartbeat

Oh and I should explain, yeah in the last photo I don't yet have platinum highlights in my hair. That was actually the before picture, which I definitely should have stated much earlier in my post. But, that picture was also where I looked smoking hot, so I saved it for last. :p

ZaBasDa
February 25th, 2010, 10:53 PM

I agree with the poptarts comment. Guess I'm hungry too. But those colors go quite well together and it is a unique look. It gives a lot of visual interest to the braid.

afield5000
February 25th, 2010, 10:55 PM
wiiiiuuuu! Those are pretty cool looking, especially when your hair is braided!

Leela613
February 25th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Wow! Your hair looks great!

Olde Soul
February 25th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Wow, those look awesome!

italianamama
February 26th, 2010, 12:09 AM
The color is STUNNING on you, especially in a braid. I wish I had the cojones to dye like that- I've always wanted to go crazy and put in pink streaks, but I'm terrified of the bleach!

Konstifik
February 26th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Like everyone else: Amazing braid with those highlights!! :D

Honey39
February 26th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Nice - I still think they really look like clip ins, though, because of the way they are all UNDER the hair at the scalp, and uniformly shorter than the rest, as though that was the longest clip-ins/extensions available!!

ItalianFlower
February 26th, 2010, 12:28 AM
Your hair is FANTASTIC

hanne jensen
February 26th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! You are so lucky to have hair strong enough to play with like that. WOW!

Robbi Dehlinger
February 26th, 2010, 02:06 AM
WHOA! That would look AWFUL on me, but lloks great on you:)

Aditi
February 26th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Cool New Spring Look, enjoyed the pics :)

camara
February 26th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Looks very good, so colorful! :)

Shield31
February 26th, 2010, 04:49 AM
That is a great look :).

JenniferNoel
February 26th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I love it!! Great look for you, it's so colorful and awesome looking. I was contemplating doing the same thing. Now I'm pretty sure I may just have to... :p

Johanna64
February 26th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I love it,it looks very good on you!! :)

bumblebums
February 26th, 2010, 07:40 AM
If I ever make a Hong Kong mafia movie, can I cast you as my lead villain? You look too cool for the real world in that suit! :)

ericthegreat
February 26th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I love it!! Great look for you, it's so colorful and awesome looking. I was contemplating doing the same thing. Now I'm pretty sure I may just have to... :p

Thanks Jen! :cheer: I think I may have started a new hair trend! :cool:

TiaKitty
February 26th, 2010, 10:03 AM
That is sharp! I really like the look when it is down and the highlights peek through!

SurprisingWoman
February 26th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Most people come to LHC for help to quit doing things to their hair. I see this and it makes me want to put some purple in my hair.

My hair is so porous since becoming gray I am afraid they would last forever and I really don't want purple hair forever.

That is lovely, Eric. You have a fabulous colorist. And pretty great hair too! ;)

ericthegreat
February 26th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Most people come to LHC for help to quit doing things to their hair. I see this and it makes me want to put some purple in my hair.

My hair is so porous since becoming gray I am afraid they would last forever and I really don't want purple hair forever.

That is lovely, Eric. You have a fabulous colorist. And pretty great hair too! ;)

Actually SurprisingWoman, if I may speaking as the resident hairstylist here, porous hair has a harder time holding on to colour, especially grey hair. What this means is that any colour you put onto grey hair will actually fade out much faster, because grey hair no longer has any natural pigment for the colour to latch on to!

So if you ever want to experiment with something exotic on your hair, definitely don't be afraid to try it out now! I've actually seen a lot of cool, mature ladies with pink tinted or violet tinted hair. It actually makes them look more distinguished if I may say so.

Wicked Princess
February 26th, 2010, 11:41 AM
The third to last picture is my favorite!

I change my mind too often to actually make any more permanent changes in my hair (seriously...I'd want it purple one day, then green the next, then have my virgin hair back the day after that!) so I might get clip in color and do a braid like yours! It seriously looks gorgeous with all those multi-colored streaks in. :flower: Thank you for the inspiration!

angellina
February 26th, 2010, 11:44 AM
that looks a-mazing!

merryhair
February 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM
That looks great! I like the braid pic..it looks cool:cool: Looks like you have a lot of fun with your hair!

lapushka
February 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Nice - I still think they really look like clip ins, though, because of the way they are all UNDER the hair at the scalp, and uniformly shorter than the rest, as though that was the longest clip-ins/extensions available!!

Yes, that was my reaction too and in fact, it's not the first time I've thought the highlights were extensions... Hmm, well you know, maybe that's just me. :roll:

Unofficial_Rose
February 26th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Yes, that was my reaction too and in fact, it's not the first time I've thought the highlights were extensions... Hmm, well you know, maybe that's just me. :roll:

I thought so too...

ericthegreat
February 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Nope, they're not extensions. Its all my own hair. :)

oceanwoman111
February 26th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Looks really cool!! Now you just need to get into the movies! It's very distinctive and bigger than life! I love it!! :rockerdud

ericthegreat
February 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks oceanwoman. I actually see myself as more a fashion celebrity more than a movie star, altho if I went to acting school and I excelled, I'd probably try my hand at Hollywood for reals.

Islandgrrl
February 26th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I want black streaks in the worst way, but I'm so, so chicken. Might have to head up to Sally's this weekend and check out the clip-ins. I doubt any of them will be long enough, but.....

Eric, you're an evil enabler, you know that?

ericthegreat
February 26th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I want black streaks in the worst way, but I'm so, so chicken. Might have to head up to Sally's this weekend and check out the clip-ins. I doubt any of them will be long enough, but.....

Eric, you're an evil enabler, you know that?

Just call me Lucifer. ;)

Islandgrrl
February 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
:demon:

Balenciaga
February 26th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I love the highlights, it looks almost like those mink coats that were so popular in the '40s. I love that era. :)

ericthegreat
February 27th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks Balenciaga. :flower: And thank you again to everyone here. :blossom: :blossom:

JamieLeigh
March 3rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
BAM is right!!! Wow at all that color. It looks especially good in the braid - I love an interesting braid! :D Nice job!

And I :crush: the shoes!!!!

deviantkitten
March 3rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
hot hot HOT. your hair looks killer! i love it!

Twil
March 3rd, 2010, 08:22 PM
hot hot HOT. your hair looks killer! i love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhW-Sk8O1u4

NOW YOU GOT IT STUCK IN MY HEAD

:laugh:

contradiction
March 3rd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Your hair looks really cool Eric! You look amazing.

ericthegreat
March 3rd, 2010, 10:06 PM
Jaime!!!:heartbeat You made it to the party! :disco:

And thank you to both deviantkitten and contradiction as well. :blossom:

Crazycatlady
March 3rd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Eric your hair looks great!!! You can see that all the TLC really pays off and you can use chemicals and have great looking hair. It sure gives me hope, too. :) Thanks for sharing your pics with us!!!

MissManda
March 3rd, 2010, 11:05 PM
Those highlights look splendid with your braid! You have suchamazingly strong hair!

Debra83
March 3rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Eric, it looks really great. I bet it feels good too, to have finally done it! Did you use coconut oil before the bleach? Are you still using OJON?

IcarusBride
March 3rd, 2010, 11:34 PM
It looks great with the highlights! I'm really jealous of how wonderfully healthy your hair looks, very sleek a strait. Thanks for sharing your Spring look with us :D