PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Dyed black-newbie from staten island

RavennaNight
May 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
hello! I have been lurking around and found some great information so far. I am really interested in finding healthy alternatives to blue-black hair dye. I absolutely love the color but hate the monthly "dye n fry." although I do use coconut and jojoba and have no spilt ends. I want my hair to grow as long as it can, to my waist or more. Any advice?

florenonite
May 1st, 2008, 12:06 PM
You can try henna and indigo to get a darker colour; there's a giant thread about henna in the Recipes, Henna and Herbal Hair Care forum, and several other smaller ones.

Nightshade
May 1st, 2008, 12:09 PM
You can also check out the henna article linked in my siggy. There's a two-step process for black hair in there :)

You can also check out this information on indigo as a hair dye (http://www.hennaforhair.com/indigo/index.html).

RavennaNight
May 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
wow! Thanks for the wealth of information. Henna & indigo sounds more in depth than anything I've tried, but it sounds really good. I just really freaked when I saw on my chemical dye (garnier 100 percent) an ingredient included was toluene. I thought that was banned from nailpolish because of cancer risks.

RavennaNight
May 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM
thanks! I checked out the threads on henna & indigo. It sounds like a well worth project. I'm on a quest...

hazelceleste
May 2nd, 2008, 11:48 PM
Welcome to LHC :) I'm from Staten Island too.

lilalong
May 3rd, 2008, 07:58 AM
No advice with the hair color, but I wanted to welcome you anyways!