View Full Version : Sighting/Appreciation/Envy for Guy Friend's Beautiful Hair

Olde Soul
February 24th, 2010, 08:54 PM
My friend Patrick has had long hair for some time, but it's always back in a ponytail under a hat. I've bugged him for years to let me play with his hair, since I want to learn how to do other people's hair and don't have a lot of girl friends. So yesterday, he came over and let me play with his hair, and it is AMAZING. It's gloriously soft and shiny, and THICK (I'd call him a 1c/M/iii at least, half of his hair in a ponytail is more than twice as thick as all my hair together). At 19, he's got silver-white roots coming in, which should be gorgeous in a few years.The kicker is that he does nothing but shampoo with SLS stuff and condition with Pantene, and has virtually no split ends after a year of no trimming. He's only about APL, but we just plopped down on my couch and I spent the better part of two hours playing with his hair and practicing French braids.

Needless to say, I have major hair envy and am trying to persuade him to join LHC. :D

spidermom
February 24th, 2010, 09:01 PM
How very pleasant for both of you.

Katurday
February 24th, 2010, 09:19 PM
My friend has long hair too - about mid back. Thick (iii), black, shiny,1b till the very ends which are ringlets...SLS shampoo, no conditioners.
Sometimes I want to cry.

GoddesJourney
February 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Yes, nice hair is often wasted on men, since so few of them are willing to let it grow... *sigh* Anyway, I actually know a lot of people who have excellent results with pantene. If your hair likes 'cones, pantene is a good way to go. Personally, my hair actually likes 'cones, it's my sclap that doesn't. It makes me shed too much.

TXbarbie
February 24th, 2010, 10:54 PM
It's amazing what men hide from us... :P

Shadow Walker
February 24th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Cool story. If he's on the fence about joining, let him know there are plenty of us men around here. :)

minuteofdecay
February 24th, 2010, 11:20 PM
I'd have to say I'm more jealous that he let you play with his hair. One of my closest male friends growing up had long curly hair but refused to let me do anything with it... and then he cut it all off

JamieLeigh
February 25th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Wow, that's awesome! I hope he does join, he'll be in good company. There are some men with amazing hair here. :D

ArienEllariel
February 25th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Yes, nice hair is often wasted on men, since so few of them are willing to let it grow... *sigh*

So true! It seems like most guys who have amazing hair are determined to whack it off the moment they can because they "can't be bothered with it" or some such nonsense.

BrightEyes7
February 25th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I have hair envy of my DBF. He has thick thick black shiny hair... I would say 1b/C/iii. I'm so jealous and I swear it grows like 1 inch or more a month. And of course he buzzes his hair off almost weekly.

I tell him all the time "Our kids better get your hair" but he wants them to get my curls. I love straight hair!

Olde Soul
February 25th, 2010, 11:59 PM
I'll definitely keep pushing him. He used to have it down to his waist but he donated about a foot and grew mutton chops instead. :D I'm trying to talk him into growing it back to waist so I can do fun things with it.

sibiryachka
March 16th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I just had a guy-friend sighting a couple days ago! Husband of one of my dearest friends usually wears his hair in what he calls a "hell-bun", which is actually just a looped-up ponytail. I hadn't seen it down in... maybe 2-3 years? until he happened to take it down in front of me the other day.
It's past his waist now, and looks incredibly healthy and shiny. We also got to see some recent video of him on stage w/his metal band. He wears it down to perform, of course , and oh my god does it look amazing on stage. I am actively trying to recruit him to LHC. : )

Hana
March 16th, 2010, 11:55 AM
wow. am i jealous.
get him on here! i want to gawk. in a nice way, hahah! :D

Juliannaissance
March 16th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I have a few guy friends that have long hair either a little above or a little below APL. They actually ask me what I do to keep my hair healthy. I appreciate their comments all the time. But, they don't let me touch their hair. Boo-hoo!

sibiryachka
March 16th, 2010, 12:11 PM
My bud was gracious enough to let me touch his. Like buttah.

oceanwoman111
March 17th, 2010, 09:42 PM
My younger cousin is the same way. Thick, black, silky crop. I try to convince him to let it grow ,but no way. He looks just like Taylor Lautner too. What's up with that? Why do guys always get the thick, fluttery eyelashes too? Probably because they don't mess around with their hair and skin as much. They aren't globbing on mascara and using a blowfryer either. ;)