PDA

View Full Version : my first hair pic! type/length opinions?

nytquill
February 24th, 2010, 01:01 PM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q314/nytquill/DSCF1236.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality - my camera is not very good and neither is the lighting in my bathroom! You don't see my red undertones for example or how thin my hair really is.

But at least I get to ask the classic newbie question - what type and length would you call this? I've been saying 1a BSL this whole time...the 1a I'm pretty sure about but the little wispy ends are really more like waist, aren't they? (I put my hand at what I think is my natural waist, for reference) But because the ends are so fine, I don't look at myself and think "waist-length hair." The overall effect is more of mid-back, I think?http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q314/nytquill/?action=view&current=DSCF1236.jpg

naereid
February 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM
For me, the visual effect I get when I glance at someone is far more powerful than the "true" length of their hair. It really all has to do with the ends. I've seen hair that made me think wow, such long hair!, before realizing it's only BSL, just because of the thick hem. It works like that the other way around as well. When someone has layers or really thin ends, visually their hair looks as short as their shortest layer is. But don't worry, I'm sure that with time and trimming those ends will disappear and your visual length will match your true length.

So I'd say you have waist-length-midback-looking hair. :grnbiggri

Beansidhe
February 24th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Very pretty hair! It looks like it would be really soft. I would say that it looks mid-back length at a glance. I would guess 1a texture, but I'm a newbie too so I'm not sure. :)

Bethany44
February 24th, 2010, 01:37 PM
You're hair is so pretty - it looks so soft a silky. I have hair very similiar to yours - except about 15" shorter!

ChrissieM
February 24th, 2010, 01:40 PM
You are much longer than BSL...it looks like the longest ends are touching waist, mid-back overall. I would also guess 1a for the texture - looks very silky and shiny

LadyVictoria
February 24th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Definitely waist length and you look to be about a 1a. Our hair is very similar, just a different color :-). Your hair is beautiful!

BrightEyes
February 24th, 2010, 02:45 PM
You have such pretty hair! I can't wait until mine is that long. I would say it's just a couple inches shy of waist....maybe??

Love it. It looks very shiny.:cheer:

rossjen
February 24th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Lovely hair! It looks like you're at waist length to me, or you're only an inch away. I have to agree with the others and say you're 1a too.

nytquill
February 24th, 2010, 04:50 PM
:o aww shucks you guys, thanks for all the lovely comments and compliments! Really made my day reading these!

vindo
February 25th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Another vote for 1a! :)

JamieLeigh
February 25th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Your ends definitely look like they're in waist territory! Very shiny and another vote for 1a. :)

alexas
February 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM
thumbs up from me!

Capybara
February 25th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I'd say you're definitely at waist! Your hemline will thicken up before you know it (: Although, it does look like you could pull off the fairytale end look if you wanted to :)
Your hair looks to be 1a as well.

sophistiCat *
February 25th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hi and welcome from a another newbie!

Could you chose what you want to call it, as in do you want to define it as where the longest parts are, or where the thickest/most of you hair is? Not wanting to give to much advice as I've not been here long, but I think you should define your hair as what you think it is, as you're the one who has it! :)

PearlyCurly
February 26th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I would say with your ends, you would be WL.