PDA

View Full Version : I didn't wash my hair today.....

Kimberlee
February 24th, 2010, 05:44 AM
.....and I LOVE how it looks!

I know that seems like a silly thing to be excited about, but this is kind of an "aha" moment for me.

I have very fine, semi thin wavy hair. Lots of cowlicks. I washed yesterday and had an AWFUL hair day. On a whim I bought a shower cap last night.

When I woke up this morning, I brushed my hair with my boar bristle brush. MAN did it shine. It wasn't static-y at all - that is NOT normal for me. So I figured i'll give it a go.

Took my shower, whipped my hair out of the cap and brushed it again with my BBB and it was shiny and wavy and i LOVE IT.

I am currently growing my bangs out so all I had to do was whip those back with a couple bobby pins and my hair looks about a thousand times better than it did yesterday. My husband even commented (unsolicited) about how shiny it was!

I really think the BBB is making a difference for me. Normally I would have considered my hair way too greasy for this. I also think the slightly longer bangs help as most of my cowlicks are focused at the front and when sleep it's almost like I am face planted into my pillow and they tend to stick straight up and only shampooing got them back where they belonged....

OK, i'm done now. Just SO excited! Hoping I can start doing every other day now.

:cheese:

naereid
February 24th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Congratulations!
I'm sure you and your hair will both love this new routine. More time for you, and more rest for your hair. :henny:

countryhopper
February 24th, 2010, 06:15 AM
great job!

How long are you going to try to go before you wash it? I went from daily shampoos to twice a week with no poo now. I'd like to try to get my hair to go a week, but that's pushing it!

Sissy
February 24th, 2010, 06:49 AM
sounds good, glad it is working for you!

Copasetic
February 24th, 2010, 07:17 AM
I like how my hair looks when I don't wash it :)

Congrats on finding a routine that works for you.

melrose1985
February 24th, 2010, 07:18 AM
My hair always looks silky after a night of sleeping on it.

Kimberlee
February 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I think i'm just going to stick to every other day and see how that goes for now. I don't want to push it! I'm just getting started into all this. It's quite freeing though. I suspect, when my hair gets a bit more length on it it will look even better. Might have to do some research on something I can spritz in there as i'm not really sure i'm digging the smell. I don't think it smells "bad", but I am associating it with my own "dirty head" and it seems to be getting a bit stronger as the day progresses. LOL!

naereid
February 24th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Might have to do some research on something I can spritz in there as i'm not really sure i'm digging the smell. I don't think it smells "bad", but I am associating it with my own "dirty head" and it seems to be getting a bit stronger as the day progresses. LOL!
I've never noticed my hair smelling bad, even when I went up to a week without washing it (isolated in my apartment while studying for exams). Maybe I just didn't notice because it was my own smell, but I think it would be difficult for hair to start smelling after only one day. If you haven't been exposed to some extreme smelly situations, that is. :grnbiggri
Now that I think of it, I consider sitting next to someone who's smoking a cigarette an extreme situation. Oops. :grnbiggri It would be interesting to make a poll to see if LHCers are smokers. I don't have permission from the mods to make one yet, though.

Kimberlee
February 24th, 2010, 09:52 AM
It's not my "hair" I can smell, but my scalp..... I can smell what my scalp smells like. Maybe i'm just being uber aware of it....??? One of my "things" I do is to pull my hair over and pull it across my face and sniff it (i'm a straight up weirdo) - kind of like a nervous habit, but I just do it for no particular reason..... My "hair" does not smell......

embee
February 24th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I would ignore that smell for the time being. It's likely not strong, not nasty, just different from what you're used to.

Try moving toward every other day washes and see how it goes. Your scalp isn't used to that, so may be trying to put out oil in response for the daily wash. You need to retrain it! See if you can give it two weeks of every other day washing, check how it is then.

ravenreed
February 24th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I had that problem with SLS shampoos. When I use CO method or use a shampoo bar, that same odor takes at least three days to show up.

I think it is the same smell you get when you wear a hat every day. It isn't bad, it's just strong, and to me it announces, "Hey, I didn't wash my hair today!" I'd rather not smell like that.

I think i'm just going to stick to every other day and see how that goes for now. I don't want to push it! I'm just getting started into all this. It's quite freeing though. I suspect, when my hair gets a bit more length on it it will look even better. Might have to do some research on something I can spritz in there as i'm not really sure i'm digging the smell. I don't think it smells "bad", but I am associating it with my own "dirty head" and it seems to be getting a bit stronger as the day progresses. LOL!

urara12
February 24th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Congratulations!:)

I washed my hair everyday but after read many story here LHC, now trying to wash every other day.

even want to every 2nd day but my scalp get really oily and itchy.:(