PDA

View Full Version : So I got a trim the other day (**PICS**)

redneckprincess
February 23rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
I had about an inch cut off from the ends at the begining of the month, and went in to get the layers (old bleach & damage) trimmed off, it was so bad, Im glad I had it done, there is alot gone with nothing to miss really except a bit of thickness in my ponytail...but Im hoping that now when I get 2" of growth I SEE 2" of growth insted of half of it breaking off.

I will need more trims (to the length) later due to this, But I thought about it A LOT and decided this would be the least painful route...Im thinking trimming every few months or so on the layers (getting rid of the blonde) through this year. While gaining length :) and hopefully be at BSL or so by this time next year and move the trims to the length to even up layers, then...grow, grOW, GROW!!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

oh yeah..link to the pics : (first 2 in album, with yellow shirt) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4808

ArienEllariel
February 23rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
Wow, your hair is looking really good. :) I'm glad to see I'm not the only one growing out dye (though mine was only supposed to be semi permanent).

talecon
February 23rd, 2010, 09:26 PM
it looks nice and thick I dont even see an inch loss :)
we're both on the same plan when it comes to growing out the bleach. ur farther along than I am though and I wont be trimming for a lonnnnnnng while. Ur hair looks good :)

Ally<3
February 23rd, 2010, 10:32 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I am maintaining length atm because I need to get rid of bleach and layers. I would rather have my hair a bit shorter but be healthy and my own, then grow out all this damage that's just going to break off anyway.

GoddesJourney
February 23rd, 2010, 11:31 PM
Looks great. Your natural color is really coming through!

rogue_psyche
February 24th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Looking good! :cool:

enfys
February 24th, 2010, 03:55 AM
It looks a lot thicker at the ends now.

Does it feel better to, when you're brushing for example?

Congrats on the good trim outcome too!

Arctic
February 24th, 2010, 04:31 AM
It looks great RNP!!

Carolyn
February 24th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Your hair looks great! I don't think it looks much shorter. I think you're finding that the hair growing thing is lots of little baby steps. Keep growing!

caribou55313
February 24th, 2010, 06:16 AM
It's looking great, the trim makes it look even thicker than before! I really like your natural color :)

jivete
February 24th, 2010, 06:45 AM
It's looking great! You can barely see the loss in length and it looks so much thicker.

paper
February 24th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Your ends look alot better now, and you can't even tell you trimmed. Good choice!

Pixna
February 24th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Looks terrific, RNP! Your hemline is SO thick! :applause

charley27
February 24th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Great decision! It looks so thick!

You are at about the same length that I am right now, so I enjoy looking at your progress pictures! :)

redneckprincess
February 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
it looks nice and thick I dont even see an inch loss :)
we're both on the same plan when it comes to growing out the bleach. ur farther along than I am though and I wont be trimming for a lonnnnnnng while. Ur hair looks good :)

I dont blame you after your big cut reciently, your ends should be half ways decent, even with some leftover chemical damage. and yeah I really dont have to much bleach left anymore, maybe a couple more trims like the last one and it will be "all-gone" (*waves bye-bye like a toddler) :cool: and thank you!!

It looks a lot thicker at the ends now.

Does it feel better to, when you're brushing for example?

Congrats on the good trim outcome too!

yes it now feels as smooth as it looks, maybe even more-so, lol

Your hair looks great! I don't think it looks much shorter. I think you're finding that the hair growing thing is lots of little baby steps. Keep growing!

Thank You, Im glad everyone says it dosent look any shorter, it dosent feel much shorter to me either..most of the time

Great decision! It looks so thick!

You are at about the same length that I am right now, so I enjoy looking at your progress pictures! :)

Im happy to be there for inspriation for those who need it, I know I follow others progress to convince myself it can and more importantly WILL happen..in due time :D

And thanks to everyone else who commented here and on my pics

I may not notice progress daily when I look in the mirror but pictures prove that it happens!!!

chaoticwaves
February 24th, 2010, 11:07 AM
You hair is looking nice! :blossom: I can't wait to get to APL (where I want to maintain for a while) so I can begin to cut out my damage and layers as well.

rags
February 24th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I don't think it looks shorter much at all and the hemline looks so much thicker! Good decision!

Roseate
February 24th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Whoo, baby, check out that hemline! Looking goood! ;)

TiaKitty
February 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I agree! It looks marvelous! Getting that trim was definately a good decision.

marobader
February 24th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I think that is right :)

JamieLeigh
February 25th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Your trim looks awesome! I can't really tell that you've lost much length honestly. :D

redneckprincess
February 26th, 2010, 06:47 AM
thank you all...Im very happy with my decision and that I thought about it FOREVER before doing so...Im happy with my NEW (and FOREVER) hairdresser. (She wants me to have long hair too) and even more happy that you all dont think it looks any shorter, but yet darker and healthier!!