PDA

View Full Version : I am just meant for long hair- back to LHC once again! :)

Lady Clare
February 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
5 years ago I had hair that was between chin and shoulder length. I found LHC and grew my hair to below waist in 3 years. I hennaed and was in love.

Then one morning, for some unknown reason I woke up, called a hair salon and chopped it all off. Worst thing I have ever done- but at the time I felt like I needed to 'be someone else' and that seemed the quickest and most drastic option.

I was great that day, the next just okay with it, and the third I CRIED- a lot.

Since then I sort of trimmed it fora while and recently have just left it to it's own devices as I used to do. By next year I should be mid back I hope. But right now is always the hardest part for me. It's not LONG, but it's not short either and it's not really anything- just there while I try to get it to decent condition. /sigh

Since then I sort of trimmed it fora while and recently have just left it to it's own devices as I used to do. By next year I should be mid back I hope. But right now is always the hardest part for me. It's not LONG, but it's not short either and it's not really anything- just there while I try to get it to decent condition. /sigh

This is my hair a while before I hennaed- natural colour:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/possum27/IMG_6690.jpg

Here it is with henna, shortly before I cut it all off:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/possum27/IMG_6853.jpg

Here is my hair as of a week ago or so (dyed brown, which I then tried to lighten because it wouldn't come out. I think I am going to henna and leave it at that while it grows) You can see I have a long way to go to get back to my old hair!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/possum27/Photo81.jpg

Anyway, just a lesson to those of you that might even maybe sort of be thinking in the back of your mind you want a cut-- there is a reason people tells you to think it over for weeks before doing so. Don't do what I did!! :(

:scissors: = :(

Amara
February 23rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
I hope you can find a way to enjoy all the stages of your journey. When you get frustrated, remind yourself of the good things you have, like lovely straight hair at any length, and also pretty eyes! :flower: :)

SunshineHair
February 23rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Your hair is very pretty! The Henna works for you also! Keep growing, and yes I agree, dont cut!!

guccixx
February 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Ah your hair is beautiful. I looooove the effect henna had on it. It's this gorgeous strawberry blonde. I'm glad you're back!

Coriander
February 23rd, 2010, 07:04 PM
Welcome back! :flowers:

Your hair looks lovely in both the before and after photos.

lora410
February 23rd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Wow your hair was amazing especially with henna :agape: You hair is still pretty now though as well :)

Yozhik
February 23rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
Happy growing! :flower:

Your hair is obviously in good condition, and since you reached your goal before, you know exactly what's in store for you and that it can get that long -- which is a fear that plagues a lot of people like me who've never had really long hair :)

Carolyn
February 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
Welcome back to LHC. You have a good start on growing out again. I love your natural color.

spidermom
February 23rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
Try not to feel bad anymore. Everybody needs a radical change every once in awhile, and now you get to experience all the style possibilities and the advantages of each length all over again. Your hair was gorgeous, especially before the henna.

ArienEllariel
February 23rd, 2010, 09:22 PM
Well we are all glad that you're back. :) It looks like you're well on your way to having long hair; just think, you've done it before so this time will be a breeze. :D

Angela_Rose
February 23rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Welcome home, Lady Clare. Happy re-growing!

contradiction
February 23rd, 2010, 09:54 PM
I think your hair looks great personally! :)

little_acorn
February 23rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Welcome back and happy regrowing

Lady Clare
February 24th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks guys-- and sorry for the double post 'in' my post-- I was trying to edit pictures and apparently moved the text without realizing it!

I knew you guys would appreciate the whole wanting to grow it back thing-- I mentioned that to my aunt and she just said "ugh but that's just so old fashioned and boring"

Well, I never was the most modern of girls-- my idea of a good time is a day spent at a living history museum, or baking, quilting, cooking, etc. lol.

Monsterkitti
February 24th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Welcome back! Enjoy regrowing your hair, it looks lovely before and now :)

Arctic
February 24th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Welcome back! Your natural colour is beautiful!!!