PDA

View Full Version : newbie from canada

paprikapapaya
May 1st, 2008, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm new around these parts! I'm 23 years old and I'm from Canada. You see, I don't *currently* have long hair. I'm a natural curly head, about a 3B-3C. About 2 months ago, I was BSL and was chemically processing my hair in every way imaginable - colours and straighteners. I ended up damaging my hair beyond repair and had to get it cut off to about 4 inches long, all over. :(

I've since began mended my hair-damaging ways, I'm following the CG method and haven't touched a blowdryer or straightener in over a month now! I've even ordered some Henna, and look forward to doing that in the next couple of days to add beautiful colour and shine to my hair.

I'll be lurking around here, looking for tips and tricks, as I tediously try to grow my hair back! :)

Ciao!

Crystal

florenonite
May 1st, 2008, 09:52 AM
Welcome! You'll find plenty of support and advice here!

jera
May 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
hi Crystal,

Welcome to the boards. You've got a great attitude, and with your newfound commitment to healthy hair practices, I'm sure you'll succeed in achieving your goals.

See you on the forum. ;)

La Serenissima
May 1st, 2008, 01:59 PM
From one newbie to another, welcome!

Gaelic Girl
May 1st, 2008, 11:06 PM
Hey, fellow Canuck! :) There are tonnes of us here!

You've got the right attitude and you'll find that in no time your hair has grown and will most likely be in the best shape ever!

If you're a brunette....a small squeeze of molasses in your conditioner will make it soft and shiny! I swear by it.

Good luck and I look forward to chatting with you.
Cheers,
Gaelic Girl

jera
May 2nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
What kind of molasses do you use that wouldn't leave hair a sticky mess? I was pledging once for a sorrority once back way back when and on h#ll night they put molasses in my hair along with a bunch of other nasty things, and it was hard to wash it out. :(

Gaelic Girl
May 2nd, 2008, 01:47 AM
What kind of molasses do you use that wouldn't leave hair a sticky mess? I was pledging once for a sorrority once back way back when and on h#ll night they put molasses in my hair along with a bunch of other nasty things, and it was hard to wash it out. :(

First, check out threads on COing (Conditioner Only). I use 'fancy' molasses..it's pure..and it's basic run of the mill cooking stuff. I use a large squirt. It actually comes out with straight water. I've also done treatments with 1 c of coconut oil and 1/2 molasses..and yes, it is sticky an hour or so when it hardens, but again, just running warmish water over it for a minute washes it right out. Now some people say it leaves a film and use ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar rinse..read up on that too)...but I never have and I've used it twice a week for months. My hair is very rich in colour, shiny, and soft down to the tips.:cheese:

Check out Blueneko's threads and posts on it too...that's where I got the idea. She's super friendly and very helpful!

I'm sorry I can't provide links now. My dial-up is ridiculously slow tonight, and it's almost 4am.....bed.

Good luck with this, and, again, welcome Cyrstal and jera !:D

saman
May 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM
hello Crystal.I hope you grow your hair long again