PDA

View Full Version : Hair Style Goal

Ravenne
February 23rd, 2010, 03:12 PM
So, most of us have hair length goals. But what about styling goals? Or style mini-goals. Like being able to make a certain kind of braid or maybe you saw a bun that you can't wait to get enough hair to try. Let's hear them!

For me.. I can't wait until all of my hair will go back and stay into an english braid or bun. My bangs just won't stay in anything but a french or dutch. The day that happens, I will be a very happy person. :p

zen_oven
February 23rd, 2010, 03:18 PM
I just hope to finally get over my hatred of updos so I actually practice doing them. I've finally had to admit that my length needs a bit more protection, at least some of the time. I think if I just practiced a few updos I'd get better at them--I just don't feel like they turn out very well for me.

Ravenne
February 23rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
I just hope to finally get over my hatred of updos so I actually practice doing them. I've finally had to admit that my length needs a bit more protection, at least some of the time. I think if I just practiced a few updos I'd get better at them--I just don't feel like they turn out very well for me.

Maybe you could start with half updos and slowly transition into full updos? I used to hate them too. Even a ponytail because of the way I thought it made my neck look. Then I discovered hairsticks and got over it. Lol.

BrightEyes7
February 23rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Mine is to put my hair up without having to worry about bangs. They are already a little past my chin so I'm getting there!

Also to get rid of my halo! I'm no angel so I don't need this stupid halo!! :twisted:

Ballerina_Boo
February 23rd, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'm with you on the bangs issue. That is my goal to have my bangs grown out enough so they fit back into a updo with out pins holding them back. Thats when i'll be happy :cloud9:

ArienEllariel
February 23rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
So, most of us have hair length goals. But what about styling goals? Or style mini-goals. Like being able to make a certain kind of braid or maybe you saw a bun that you can't wait to get enough hair to try. Let's hear them!

For me.. I can't wait until all of my hair will go back and stay into an english braid or bun. My bangs just won't stay in anything but a french or dutch. The day that happens, I will be a very happy person. :p

Me too. My ex-bangs will stay put in a ponytail or a french braid but not in a standard english braid. My goal for now is to be able to do a decent length english braid as well as a decent size cinnamon bun. There are loads of other buns and things I want to try, especially the pencil bun, but my hair just isn't quite long enough yet.

peronella
February 23rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
I want to be able to do a dutch braid around my head from one ear all the way around and then have the braid continue on to a respectable length. My mom used to wear her hair this way when she was my age and had tailbone length hair, I have pictures, it looks beautiful :)

but right now I would settle for a regular braid to reach a respectable length (instead of all tragic and stubby) I really like braids...

Gilraen
February 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
I want to be able to do most of the hairstyles from both Emma movies, and a few of the hairstyles from Bleak House. I'm also really excited to try a loose sidebraid with some ribbon or long colorful rags woven into it.

Mearwynna
February 23rd, 2010, 06:33 PM
I can't wait to do a nice cinnabun, infinity buns and some of the chinese /japanese buns with hair sticks. Those are the ones I am looking forward to the most. I can only do a teeney, tiny cinnabon and most of the hair stick buns I try end up falling out.

countryhopper
February 23rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
I can do braids, not anything complicated like 4 strand or anything, but I'd like to be able to do more buns.

I really like nautulis (sp?), knots, chinese/japanese... or, maybe I like them all! But I like when they don't look tightly pullled back, like a spinsterly old teacher. :) Right not Any bun I try has ends sticking out and usually falls out soon after I do it.

I bought two hair sticks, but right now my hair slides out of them. I'm hoping that when my hair is longer I'll be able to use them! For now I'll stick to forks.

Copasetic
February 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM
My goal is to learn to do a decent looking gibson tuck. They look so good on curly hair, but I can't quite seem to get them right.

jaine
February 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
My next styling goal is having it long enough to wear it wavy or curly without looking odd. :flower:
I think I just need a few more inches in the back.

Right now I straighten pretty much every day (with gel... no heat)... which is helping a lot to make the pixie growout stage less awkward but it gets a little boring.

Mae
February 23rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
My mini-goal is for my bangs to grow long enough to be pulled into styles without pinning. My long term goal is to learn lots of different hairstyles, as I've never had hair long enough to do many of the styles I have seen (and greatly admired!) on this site.

Garnet66
February 23rd, 2010, 09:16 PM
I know this is going to sound really simple but I can't wait to be able to do a peacock twist. That way I can finally use my beautiful Ficcare.

SpeakingEZ
February 23rd, 2010, 10:41 PM
At almost waist length, there isn't much I cant do, but there is a lot that I can't do well. A standard English braid looks awkward on me, since my hair will only braid about halfway down the length before my taper makes it impossible.

What I'd really love to see is my hair up in a French-twist but with a good amount of hair hanging down the bottom. I only really have enough for maybe a 3" tail yet!

And for some reason, I've always wanted to make insanely long pigtail braids. I don't know why, but for some reason I envision it along with a cowgirl costume. Maybe I saw it in a movie when I was a kid?

ravenreed
February 23rd, 2010, 11:06 PM
When I first joined LHC I just wanted to get to tailbone. Now I think I want to be able to do a coronet braid all the way around until it meets. I don't know if I will make it.

naereid
February 24th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I can't wait to be able to make a braid without layers poking through messily.
Also, a nice cinnabon bun.
Oh, heidi braids!
And some 19th century hairstyles. :cloud9:

Monsterkitti
February 24th, 2010, 02:46 AM
My style goal at the moment is probably to be able to do herringbone braids without my layers sticking out and making them all fluffy.

That and to be able to neatly french / dutch braid, just cant get the hang of it at the moment.

Dementia1013
February 24th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I want to be able to make a nice Celtic knot. All my attempts are utter fail at this point. :(

enfys
February 24th, 2010, 03:53 AM
I want to get to classic length because past experience says that's the best for me to do all of Princess Leia's hairstyles.

I know when I get there I still won't be happy because I want rid of my layers and fluffy braids. I wan't to be without taper before I can say I'm at my goal.

cottage46
February 24th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I want to be able to do non-messy braids and a rose bun. I'm getting the hang of more buns, but I can't do a nautilus to save my life.

sibiryachka
February 24th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I think (hope!) I will feel like my hair is long enough when I can wrap a single braid all the way around my head.

tralalalara
February 24th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I want my braids to stay all day without getting fuzzy!

Beansidhe
February 24th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I would like to be able to do a french twist without all the shorter layers falling out in the front/sides. I also want to get my hair to be healthy and thick again so that my bun doesn't look so wimpy and small, and so that when I do an English or French braid it doesn't taper to a thin little thing past my shoulder blades! :(

JenniferNoel
February 24th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I want my hair to be long enough so the mini braids can be wrapped all the way around my head, and still fall to the middle of my back from the top. :D:D:D

ChrissieM
February 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I have so many hairstyle goals, but I especially want to to a figure-8 bun and to be able to wrap my braids around my head (whatever that's called). I also want to grow out my bangs, but I need to learn to like my face without hair hanging in my eyes.

JamieLeigh
February 25th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I want a knee length braid. I'm about 3" or 4" shy of where my hair was at its longest, so I've never had that before. :D

Bonkers57
February 25th, 2010, 09:56 AM
My style mini-goal is to be able to get ALL my hair back into a ponytail. I should be able to get all but my bangs by July or August.

Dr. GOD
February 25th, 2010, 06:25 PM
My goal is a braid long enough to wrap around the top of my head with the ends hidden under the beginning of the braid.

Roseate
February 25th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I would love to be able to make a figure-8!

I'm not sure if I will get there though; I'm not interested in growing past tailbone, and folks with my thickness seem to take an awful lot of length to make this style.

Keildra
February 26th, 2010, 12:10 AM
I want to be able to do Elizabethan hair taping, the way I saw it done needed waist length hair or longer, also I want to fatten up my buns and since my hair is fairly thin I need longer hair to do that.

PearlyCurly
February 26th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Oh yes!!
-I want to be able to do buns with my flexi-8 clip, my hair isnt long enough for me to tuck it while using the clip.
-To be able to bun without the use of an aid i.e. gel, clips, water:rolleyes:
-To be able to use a ficcare clip, i havent seen anyone with my length using it yet.
-To be able to use hair sticks!!

Ohhh i have so many:D

metalgypsy85
February 26th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I want to be able to do two side french/dutch braids that hit my waist at least at the ends. Also, want to be able to do awesome braided buns and crown braids. Basically, crazy awesome medieval inspired hair all the time, even if I'm in jeans and a t-shirt:)