PDA

View Full Version : The Things We Do For Our Hair!!

09robiha
February 23rd, 2010, 04:33 AM
I am currently sat here, watching the wonderful Torrin Paige on youtube and painting my nails....with an egg and condish micture on my hair. The Things we do for our hair.

Come On guys share your weirdest, maddest or even downright strangest thing you've ever done for your hair!!

countryhopper
February 23rd, 2010, 07:41 AM
That would probably involve my sleep hair styles.

I used to (pre-LHC) sleep with my hair up in huge velro rollers. And because I slept with a fan blowing all night, I would cover my whole head with either a T-shirt or a slip. (DH used to laugh at me)

Now I sleep in rag curls made of socks. kind of like Medusa.

Kya
February 23rd, 2010, 08:03 AM
My hair has it's own pantry, mixing bowl set, and I use a special shower head that removes all chlorine and other pests from the water before it touches my hair. I'm thinking of giving her a name.

ArienEllariel
February 23rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
My bathroom contains many many food related items that I frequently use on my hair. I've also slept with a scarf over my head to preserve a hairstyle and when I've made rag curls and pin curls. I also run out to the kitchen to mix random ingredients together for deep treatments. My parents always give me weird looks, especially when I freeze small portions of said treatments (since they contain parishable items) for later use.

PianoPlaye
July 29th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Checked this site on my phone before buying a jar of honey. Which is now hidden in the bathroom, awaiting me to get the nerve together. :o
I used to freeze icecube trays of babyfood - never occured to me to try that with mushed banana for the hair - but there are enough UFOs (Unidentified Frozen Objects) in the freezer already.

kidari
July 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM
If i'm in the middle of a heavy oiling or an SMT and I have to go out and run an errand I just go out without washing it out first. The grossest things I've done probably is work out at the gym with my hair all oiled up in a topknot. Once when I was grocery shopping and found a split end I held the hair in my fingers and frantically considered purchasing scissors on the spot then I found the florist and asked her to borrow her scissors- she understood.

monichella
July 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I often find some excuses to not go out with friends only because I've got to wash my hair but don't want to use the hairdryer :whistle:

archel
July 29th, 2011, 05:35 PM
You know, you gals are making me glad I'm too dang blind to see my split ends :cheese: