PDA

View Full Version : Plopping + Blowdrying

coscass
February 22nd, 2010, 09:21 PM
I have to go somewhere tomorrow, and I had to wash the oil out of my hair tonight pretty late. My hair takes 4-6 hours to dry on it's own. I showered, wrung it out, and plopped. But it's already 11:20 and I can only be up until about 2AM.

If I blowdry while plopping, could that help my hair dry at all? Or will it just give me frizz? If i sleep with my hair plopped, it will still be sopping wet by morning, so that's a no-go.

bahannas
February 22nd, 2010, 09:28 PM
Do you have a diffuser? Though I rarely blowdry, I find a diffuser works better at keeping my waves/wurls soft and frizz free rather than blowing them around on the normal setting. :)

coscass
February 22nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
Do you have a diffuser? Though I rarely blowdry, I find a diffuser works better at keeping my waves/wurls soft and frizz free rather than blowing them around on the normal setting. :)
The only diffusers I have doesn't fit my current blowdryer and I have no idea why ><

Yozhik
February 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
My IRL curly long-haired friend plops all the time with her diffuser.
Could you try to mimic the effects of a diffuser by holding the hairdryer as far away from your head as possible, on a cool, low setting, so that the airflow is lessened?

ZaBasDa
February 22nd, 2010, 11:28 PM
Possibly try to blow-dry your hair while the towel is still on it. Which actually might be what you meant. And I have occasionally put a sock over the end of my hair dryer so it wouldn't blow my hair everywhere.