PDA

View Full Version : Condition Only, UK product and technique

Anlbe
March 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I'd like to have a go at this, does anyone know if boots chamomile conditioner is suitable?

Also the technique is to slather on, leave for a while then rinse out right?

Also is it OK to use another conditioner afterwards or is it truly unnecessary?

kettle
March 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I'd like to have a go at this, does anyone know if boots chamomile conditioner is suitable?

Also the technique is to slather on, leave for a while then rinse out right?

Also is it OK to use another conditioner afterwards or is it truly unnecessary?

Hey Anlbe! Yup, I use the Boots cammomile one sometimes - I also use the other Boots' own ones, you know the pink "dry/damaged hair" one and the blue "normal hair" one?
How I do it: I get my hair really wet, then slather loads of the conditioner on, massaging so it foams up. If it doesn't foam up, just add more water. Then I stick a shower cap over the whole thing, and usually leave it on for a good 15 minutes, sometimes more. (I tend to CO before I actually shower, as in over the side of the bath using the showerhead, and then stick a towel over the shower cap and get on with something else until I'm ready to shower). Then rinse out really well.
No need for a second conditioner, for me anyway!
Hope this helps :flower:

Anlbe
March 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Thank you! Am going to try this tonight

jojo
March 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
yes ive used this conditioner, the coconut ones good too! just add condish, wait 2 mintues and rinse hey ho your done!! CO washes only suit my hair in summer though for some strange reason, not that we have what you would call a summer in the UK!!

ChloeDharma
March 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I'd definately give it a go. I've found most conditioners seem to work for me.....the only time i was more fussy was when most of my hair was fried and i needed the strongest conditioning i could get.....even for CO washing after a heavy oiling.

I've been thinking of using the henna and horse chestnut conditioner for CO washing lately because i love the smell.

jojo
March 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM
check superdrug's own make conditioners too and wilkinson the cheapo ones are near enough all coneless

wishfulthinking
March 10th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Use the thin, cone free conditioners (I don't know where you live so I don't know what is available to you). I like Suave and VO5.
There are two ways I do co washing. If it is a warm, humid day, I apply the thin conditioner to my hair and scalp then massage it in, let it sit for a few minutes then rinse well. If it is cold or dry outside, I apply another thicker conditioner after the co wash. I really think it is trial and error thing.

Celebrian
March 18th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Sainsbury do a cheap no'cone for about 30p (500ml). It does the job of washing. Add your own extra cond. afterward 'cos it's not very moisturising (which is why it cleans well!).

pariate
September 6th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Those of you who use the cone-free Boots conditioners (Sea Kelp, Chamomile, Horsechestnut, Tea Tree etc) - can you tell me if they contain mineral/paraffin oil please?