PDA

View Full Version : 16 month anniversary - many trims!

Debra83
February 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Newest length:
(still damp)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4366&pictureid=64706

Started from:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2126&pictureid=25591

redneckprincess
February 22nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
WOW!!! Im at 12 months from a bit longer then you started and with only 1.5" AT MOST trimmed off ( within this past month) and I dont think its possible I could be where you are now, in 4 more months...
CONGRATS to you...tell me your secrets ☺

WyrdWay
February 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
You sure have grown a lot! And your hair looks a lot happier now :) Keep up the good work.

little_acorn
February 22nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Good growth :flower:

Debra83
February 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys!!! Secrets?: vitamins including florasil (silica) and recovery (msm) and cwc's seem to be the trick for me!

clairenewcastle
February 22nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
You've achieved a lot of length in 16 months - well done! :cheese:

HeatherAshley3
February 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Very nice growth! I really like the length!

Debra83
February 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
thanks! :D

Sissy
February 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
it's looking fantastic, congrats!

Debra83
February 22nd, 2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Sissy! :)

ericthegreat
February 22nd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Wow!!!!!!!:thud:

You not only have much longer hair, you also have a completely different hemline! You went from a short, layered bob to now having long, APL hair with long layers and a straight hemline! And all in just a little bit more than a year! Impressive achievement there Debra! :cheer:

And are you sure you are just an i? From that blunt hemline I see, you look to be an ii. :)

GoddesJourney
February 22nd, 2010, 10:38 PM
Oh wow, good growth! Did you lose weight, too? It looks like it.

Kunoichi
February 22nd, 2010, 10:49 PM
I started Feb. 2009 at the same length your before pic is, but I think you have 2-3" on me so far!

I have 3 more moths to catch up! :bigtongue:

Debra83
February 22nd, 2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks ericthegreat, but I'm afraid the dampness of my hair is deceiving you....I'm not a blunt hemline yet, well, kind of am, but I'm still dealing with the layer thing back there. With the curliness of it though (waviness), it all blends pretty good most days!!! I can't remember what the i and ii stand for anymore? Can you fill me in? Thanks for the thud, you're the first I believe to thud me!!!!! Blush!

Wow!!!!!!!:thud:

You not only have much longer hair, you also have a completely different hemline! You went from a short, layered bob to now having long, APL hair with long layers and a straight hemline! And all in just a little bit more than a year! Impressive achievement there Debra! :cheer:

And are you sure you are just an i? From that blunt hemline I see, you look to be an ii. :)

Debra83
February 22nd, 2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks GoddesJourney for the encouragement..and yes, I did lose weight, thanks for noticing that too!!!

Oh wow, good growth! Did you lose weight, too? It looks like it.

Debra83
February 22nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
I started Feb. 2009 at the same length your before pic is, but I think you have 2-3" on me so far!

I have 3 more moths to catch up! :bigtongue:

I'm glad you only have 3 more "moths" to catch up Kunoichi!!!! probably will go faster than months!!! Just teasing!!!! :D

ericthegreat
February 23rd, 2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks ericthegreat, but I'm afraid the dampness of my hair is deceiving you....I'm not a blunt hemline yet, well, kind of am, but I'm still dealing with the layer thing back there. With the curliness of it though (waviness), it all blends pretty good most days!!! I can't remember what the i and ii stand for anymore? Can you fill me in? Thanks for the thud, you're the first I believe to thud me!!!!! Blush!

i, ii, and iii are measurements of how thick your ponytail circumference is according to Fia's hair typing system. Basically, just tie all your hair back into a complete ponytail including all of your hair into it. Then use your tape measure and as close as you can, go around the entire elastic band and measure it.

If you have less than 1 inch in circumference, then you extremely thin hair which doesn't even qualify as an i.

If you have between 1 inch to 2 inches in circumference, then you qualify as an i.

If you have between 2 to 4 inches in circumference, you fall between the very wide range of ii.

If your ponytail circumference measures 4 inches or even more than 4 inches, then you qualify as an iii.

Now this isn't an official category, but for those very few rare people who have super thick hair, their ponytails may have a circumference of 6 to even 7 whole inches. They would fit into iv if it were an official category.

countryhopper
February 23rd, 2010, 03:14 AM
I think bot the weight loss and the hair growth is AMAZING!! You look like a completely different person from behind! Great job, and keep up the good work!

FrannyG
February 23rd, 2010, 06:21 AM
Your hair is lovely and your growth is incredible! Keep it growing! :blossom:

Debra83
February 23rd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks everybody, and thanks for the explanation on the circumference of a ponytail too!!! One more mystery unravelled!!! ericthegreat? You wouldn't happen to know how they get the caramel in the chocolate bar do you?!!!

FallenAngel
February 23rd, 2010, 11:12 AM
Wow, that is much growth for 16 months. MUCH more than me, who has been growing about 13 months. Congrats!

Looks good!

Debra83
February 23rd, 2010, 10:40 PM
Thank you fallenangel!