PDA

View Full Version : The length wash

chopandchange
February 22nd, 2010, 07:11 AM
Does anyone else do this? I've seen the scalp wash mentioned here a lot, but not the length wash. A lot of people seem to say "I'd like to use cones, but then I'd have to use SLS, and my scalp hates it." I have this same problem, and I'm a cone user, so I do a clarifying length wash when needed, as follows:

Wet hair under shower.

Squeeze some shampoo into a jug and fill jug up with water, mixing well.

Part hair into two as if preparing for pigtails.

Leaning out to the side, pour diluted shampoo over one side of hair, from approximately the ears down. Leaning out means you should avoid getting any on body and scalp. Pouring from the inside, not the outside, helps too. Rinse (again, from the inside). Repeat other side.

It gets all the cones off your hair, but not your scalp, obviously. But it's my length that most suffers the effect of build-up, so for me it works. I don't feel any need to clarify my scalp, just my hair.

Hope it helps someone. :)

*Rose Red*
February 22nd, 2010, 02:29 PM
And you don´t wash your scalp? My scalp is often itchy and fatty, so I got the feeling I have to wash it, more than my lengths, so I think this wouldn´t work for me.

nowxisxforever
February 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
And you donīt wash your scalp? My scalp is often itchy and fatty, so I got the feeling I have to wash it, more than my lengths, so I think this wouldnīt work for me.

Sounds like this is only for a clarifying wash.

*Rose Red*
February 22nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Sounds like this is only for a clarifying wash.
yes, I read it again and now I understand, thanks. She clarifies from cones, but it´s not the generel way to wash, right?

nowxisxforever
February 22nd, 2010, 04:37 PM
yes, I read it again and now I understand, thanks. She clarifies from cones, but itīs not the generel way to wash, right?

That's what it sounds like to me. :) For situations - like she said - where you need to clarify but your scalp doesn't like sulfates. :)

*Rose Red*
February 23rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Ok, thank you!

chopandchange
February 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Yes, I do wash my scalp with CO! It hadn't occurred to me that it might be misinterpreted in that fashion! :eek: