PDA

View Full Version : I caved and got a few highlights...

maskedrose
April 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I've been debating for quite some time whether to get a few hightlights or go for completely virgin hair and today I caved and got the highlights. I really like my natural color, but it seemed to be a bit too dark around my face. So, I went to my trusty colorist, who did a partial highlight (just around my face and part of the crown) with two different colors mixed in with my natural color. She doesn't leave it in for long at all since my virgin hair is pretty light, so I don't think it's too terribly damaging.

I also let her blow it dry (double whammy damage, I know), and it was nice for the day, I must admit. The ends look a little dry since I'm due for a trim, but at least it shows off the length nicely!

The result: very subtle highlights around my face and the rest nice virgin hair! I'm really happy with it - makes me feel all summer-y :)

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/maskedrose21/hair001.jpg

sorry it's so big - mods feel free to make it smaller (I couldn't, for some reason)

justgreen
April 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
NOthing wrong with a few highlights.....:D

Nevermore
April 30th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Your new highlights are quite lovely! You're right too, about the amount of damage, highlights that minimumal and natural looking probably did basically no damage at all and will be easy to grow out if you wanted to later on.

maskedrose
April 30th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks Nevermore! I don't feel too terribly guilty about getting them for that reason - they will be easy to grow out (I can easily go 1-2 years in between getting new ones without much notice) and don't seem to be very damaging at all :)

Hairbear
May 1st, 2008, 12:21 AM
Your hair looks beautiful. Don't fret so. :)

Nat242
May 1st, 2008, 01:39 AM
Looks great! A few highlights - especially given your natural colour - should be fine...maybe think about a nice SMT with your next wash?

Anyway, it looks fantastic!

-- Natalie

Nevermore
May 1st, 2008, 01:59 AM
Thanks Nevermore! I don't feel too terribly guilty about getting them for that reason - they will be easy to grow out (I can easily go 1-2 years in between getting new ones without much notice) and don't seem to be very damaging at all :)

Very welcome. If I ever move to Washington, I'll be PMing you for the name of your colorist. When I checked back here, I glanced at the pic you posted and I think I'm in love with how natural your highlights look. I see lots of terrible ones (maybe that has something to do with living near a beach? People going for "sunbleached highlights" and coming out with highlights that resemble road lines?), but yours are the absolute best I've seen. So pretty and natural and made of win!

Shanarana
May 1st, 2008, 03:23 AM
shame, shame..........Just kidding, your hair look wonderful :)

kimki
May 1st, 2008, 04:26 AM
Your hair looks great, enhances the natural colour. :)

Crysania
May 1st, 2008, 06:08 AM
your color is very pretty !

Curlsgirl
May 1st, 2008, 06:43 AM
Really pretty!!!! :D

Amoretti
May 1st, 2008, 06:52 AM
It's so pretty! No guilt, just enjoy it.

Patrycja
May 1st, 2008, 06:54 AM
very pretty :)

Saoirse
May 1st, 2008, 06:54 AM
Lovely, looks perfectly natural :)

Gemma
May 1st, 2008, 10:46 AM
Wow, your hair is lovely! :)

Sherri
May 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Looks very nice. Sometimes I miss my blonde hair :(

maskedrose
May 1st, 2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks everyone!! You guys are too sweet :)

Nat242 - Thanks! I'm definitely going to baby for awhile - I did an olive oil soak last night and I'm washing with a SMT today, just in case...

Nevermore - feel free to PM me if you are even visiting our lovely Puget Sound! She really is great and does the best highlights - especially if you just want to enhance your natural color. Thanks again for your great compliments :blossom:

wintersun99
May 1st, 2008, 12:20 PM

karenpetal
May 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
looks gorgeous !!!!!!!!!

Alaskanheart
May 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Looks very subtle and nice. Your lucky you have a colorist you trust, that makes all the difference.

Loviatar
May 1st, 2008, 12:46 PM
Nothing at all wrong with highlights! Your colourist did a great job and your hair looks very healthy even though you said you got the 'double whammy' :D

Enjoy your new colour! It looks lovely.

Xandergrammy
May 1st, 2008, 12:50 PM
I think your new highlights look beautiful! (and very natural)

madisonclare
May 1st, 2008, 01:02 PM
It's beautiful. Looks real nice :)

Hurray4Henna
May 1st, 2008, 01:05 PM
Looks fabulous and summery :) Very pretty.

annarose
May 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
I have been getting soft highlights lately too and I love them :inlove: I should have been doing this sooner!!

Yours look perfect maskedrose, I'm glad you found a good hairdresser that listens.

maskedrose
May 1st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Aren't they nice to have annarose? They add such nice dimension, which looks awesome on happy, healthy hair!

psvzum
May 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM
Beautiful hair : )

tiny_teesha
May 2nd, 2008, 12:33 AM
It looks really nice on you, and your hair doesn't look damaged so long as you keep treating it nice i'm sure your hair can hack it!

brok3nwings
May 2nd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Oh i love the colour of your hair!! It is a really nice shade of blonde and im sure that it would be nice also without the highlights but that depends on how you like to see your face that is very true... ;)