PDA

View Full Version : My new bun!

Qamar
February 21st, 2010, 08:39 AM
OK, its just a variation on an old bun, but I like how it came out. I think I'll call it the ring of fire, since my hair is particularly red right now. :D What do you guys think? Its a little blurry, but its hard to take a decent picture of the back of your own head!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=64530

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=64530 (link to my album in case the photo post doesn't work, which it hasn't been lately)

Shermie Girl
February 21st, 2010, 08:45 AM
That is really pretty. :D

Thank you for adding your album link. The photo didn't post. Bummer.

Carolyn
February 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM
Very pretty! It looks like you started with a basic french braid but I have no idea where you went from there. Do you have any instructions?

GoddesJourney
February 21st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Very pretty! I like both braided and non-braided effect in one convenient bun.

Qamar
February 21st, 2010, 09:18 AM
I french braided all my hair, then took the braid and did a nautilus bun, tucking the end and grabbing a big hunk of scalp hair for the center portion of the bun. Its easy as pie and very secure with just one hairstick.

Qamar
February 21st, 2010, 09:20 AM
That is really pretty. :D

Thank you for adding your album link. The photo didn't post. Bummer.

I have no idea why photos won't post anymore. They used to post inline just fine with the handy dandy included tool here, and now that doesn't seem to work. It just posts nothing and even the link isn't there. Fortunately the hotlink tool still works.:(

MissMandyElizab
February 21st, 2010, 10:22 AM
Very Coool!!!!

Tapioca
February 21st, 2010, 09:04 PM
It looks great, and I'll say again that I love your streaks of purple. If I thought my work would go for it, I'd be sorely tempted to get some.

Airisuu
February 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM
Super cute bun, great job!

countryhopper
February 21st, 2010, 10:40 PM
I like it! It's got a little bit of everything!

jel
February 22nd, 2010, 04:33 AM
It does look like a ring of fire! :D Gorgeous!

Your hair colour is beautifully rich - is it just henna, and if so, which strain? I really want to enliven my colour which has become more of a mousy red, if that is possible!

Benjamin_T
February 22nd, 2010, 04:39 AM
Nicely done. Looks strong & classic.

hydrangea
February 22nd, 2010, 05:00 AM
Beautiful! I love how the braid goes into the bun. And I really like your hair color, too. :happydance:

Qamar
February 22nd, 2010, 11:11 AM
It does look like a ring of fire! :D Gorgeous!

Your hair colour is beautifully rich - is it just henna, and if so, which strain? I really want to enliven my colour which has become more of a mousy red, if that is possible!

Its henna atop my fading auburn natural hair. As I've aged, my hair has gone from auburn to a browner mousier shade, so I pop henna atop it to bring back its original vibrancy. This is no specific strain though, its just the henna I get in a plastic baggie at my local middle eastern grocery store. I can pick you up some if you like...I think its around $$3.50 for a large bag. Its pretty consistent in colour.

LoveMyLongHair
March 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Bummer, I can't access anyone's albums.............they keep telling me I don't have sufficient privilges to do so? :rolleyes:

MandaMom2Three
March 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
It really is a lovely colour :flower:

Qamar
March 5th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Bummer, I can't access anyone's albums.............they keep telling me I don't have sufficient privilges to do so? :rolleyes:

Its because you just joined. You need to have 25 posts and to have been here for one month before you can see pictures. It'll be here before you know it! Welcome to the community!

Rhiannon7
March 6th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Very pretty and such gorgeous color. thanks for the instructions and the link. hope someday i can do this type of bun soon. can't even french braid my hair yet.

Juanita
March 7th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I like it. Very pretty.

Stevy
March 7th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Wow, that's so pretty! Your hair looks great.