PDA

View Full Version : MSM Biotin and Zinc Question

SophieSpector
February 20th, 2010, 07:07 PM
tomorrow, well today now, I'm going to invest in buying all my supplements mainly for my hair, scalp and skin but overall health aswell. My hair is falling out quite a bit and I get terrible dandruff, i want to take a holistic approach and treat my inside aswell as outside.

I want to start MSM and biotin and I was wondering if people could advise me on a good dose to start with and how to progress with both

also I was wondering for those who know about biotin and zinc ( apprently zinc helps with the break outs )

what ratio should I be taking of the zinc to biotin?

redneckprincess
February 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I take 10,000MCG biotin a day and I dont know but 2 pills of MSM a day...plus a few other vitiman/supplements thrown in for good measure..dont know about zinc though

christine1989
February 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I take about 5,000 mcg of biotin and just a small amount of zinc and that seems to work well. The biotin has done A LOT to reduce hair fall. I used to lose about 50-70 hairs a day and now I lose about 15-20 :) so I think that is a great idea.

missjessiecakes
February 20th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I had thought it was Vitamin C that helped with the biotin break outs I am not sure on that though anyway I take 5 mg of biotin and this is what the label says about my msm supplement.

Two key ingredients in one tablet? Our Glucosamine / MSM Complex is an excellent choice for anyone seeking a well-rounded formula containing two distinct joint support products. Three tablets provide Glucosamine Sulfate (1500 mg), MSM (1000 mg), Ginger (100 mg), Vitamin C (60 mg), Manganese (5 mg) and White Willow (100 mg).