PDA

View Full Version : I have a big decision to make

coscass
February 20th, 2010, 06:37 PM
(eventually, haha, no rush) and I need help. The last time I had a real "hair cut" (Err...2-3 years ago?) I had sidebangs and a face frame put in. Only on one side, though. Yeah, go figure. I have no idea why. I think it was because I didn't know how to take care of my hair back then, and I didn't want shorter frizzy pieces chilling in my face on both sides. So anyway, my hair has one side that's totally one length, and the other that's a grown out face frame (it doesn't look bad, but you can tell). I had my hair trimmed today, and my bangs, and almost decided to get the other side done to match. I was afraid, though, and said I'd think about it and come back.

Do you guys think I should go for it? My hair does kind of look weird from the front, sort of asymetrical, but not *bad*. Do you guys think I should wait until it's hip length (I'm afraid I'll loose too much length with where it is now haha), then get that all sorted out, as well as my U hemline? Or just get it done now, so both sides can keep growing and be somewhat more even.

Demetrue
February 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
My hair is assymetrical - it has a cowlick on the right side, which is where my hair naturally parts, so my bangs tend to only hang on the left side of my part and continue into some face framing layers on the left side, but straight down from the part on my right side. I have decided to just keep maintaining the length in back while I let the left side continue to grow out to match the right side - that means that every few months, I trim a little just straight across the back. I will clean up obvious split ends on the shorter layers on the left side, but just snip off an 1/8 of an inch. Sometimes I clip back the layers on the left so that it looks like it is all one length and matches the other side.

GoddesJourney
February 20th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Putting matching layers in the other side wouldn't actually lose you any length, would it? Do you like the layered look?

coscass
February 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Putting matching layers in the other side wouldn't actually lose you any length, would it? Do you like the layered look?

I like it around the SIDES. I plan to let my hair keep growing, and then get a U shaped hemline like I said, so yeah idk. How much will I have to loose for that, do you think? I'm just so paranoid now, since going to beauty school and having my hair jacked up soo many times. I kept having to feel my hair as the lady was microtrimming me lol. She did a good job though.

sarah061
February 20th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Hmm... I don't know, I don't think it would bad necessarily to get the other side done to match. And you wouldn't be losing any over all length. Is it a bad suggestion to say maybe try cutting it yourself? Haha, I'm just so paranoid about salons after my last (ridiculous horrible) cut. Actually, don't listen to anything I say - I make silly impulse decisions that I regret immensely later, I should not be allowed to advise others :p

GlassEyes
February 20th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Eh, if you want. A lot of people have their hair cut like that. :shrug: The asymmetrical cut, I mean.