PDA

View Full Version : Layers

shockinglength
February 20th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I've been growing out my layers for 4 months now and all has been going well until now. The layers on my hair are some what frizzy and dry, yet the top and the rest of my hair is fine. I've tried clarifying. Coconut oil, aloe gel, and its not really working. What can I do?

coscass
February 20th, 2010, 06:29 PM
My canopy used to be a battlefield. I started slicking some condish through the length when it was wet, and at the back of my head, and it's helped a lot. Did you try an AVC rince?

Curlsgirl
February 20th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Do you use the coconut oil on dry hair or damp? Also some people need a bit more oil than others. I know some with my length say they use only a "couple of drops" of jojoba or a fingernail of coconut but I have to use a LOT more than that to get results.

If your hair is damaged though nothing may help except just gradually trimming the ends off. Even if you are letting your layers grow out you could get them micro-trimmed about half as much as the length so that it will eventually catch up. Just keep babying it. It takes time.

Oh and a good leave-in conditioner can make a LOT of difference. I never go without one.

Aero
February 20th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I sometimes smooth mine out with hair wax.

Misery
February 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I find I have to trim my layers even though I'm trying to grow them out.

It may make the process longer but I'd rather get rid of the damage before it has a chance to get worse.

shockinglength
February 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
My canopy used to be a battlefield. I started slicking some condish through the length when it was wet, and at the back of my head, and it's helped a lot. Did you try an AVC rince?

Yes, I have.

shockinglength
February 21st, 2010, 01:48 PM
Do you use the coconut oil on dry hair or damp? Also some people need a bit more oil than others. I know some with my length say they use only a "couple of drops" of jojoba or a fingernail of coconut but I have to use a LOT more than that to get results.

If your hair is damaged though nothing may help except just gradually trimming the ends off. Even if you are letting your layers grow out you could get them micro-trimmed about half as much as the length so that it will eventually catch up. Just keep babying it. It takes time.

Oh and a good leave-in conditioner can make a LOT of difference. I never go without one.

I use coconut oil on damp hair. I'll try making a leave in. Thanks for the idea.