PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Auryn
February 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I was browsing some of the LOL sites today and came across this picture:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/Sharay98/longest_hair.jpg

Check out how long it is! Do you think she wore it up a lot?

mod ETA: pleas note the On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags and Copyright Issues (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35939), second paragraph in particular.

Sammich
February 20th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Isn't she one of the world record holders? I think she may be wearing that hair up alot. O_O Jeeze it's long. :O
I'd be annoyed with it dragging on the floor to have it down all the time. :p LOL!

sarah061
February 20th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Wow! I can't imagine my hair even having the potential to grow that long. I would definitely not be able to take care of that much hair, haha It looks like she's doing just fine though - it looks so smooth! I wonder if she has helpers? Little hair elves maybe. I'd like that.

ArienEllariel
February 20th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I wonder if she has helpers? Little hair elves maybe. I'd like that.

Yes, she must. :p I too, could not stand to have my hair dragging the ground (plus hair that long would just be so heavy!) and could you imagine how bad it would be do deal with in the summer heat?

Classic or Knee length would be the maximum I could deal with. (more likey I'll only be growing to TB or CL)

tinker bug
February 20th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Check out how long it is! Do you think she wore it up a lot?

If I were her, I would definately wear it up a lot, but I wonder what kind of buns she must do? It seems like even a tightly wrapped cinnabun would eat her head...

*Aoife*
February 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Oh wow! It looks amazing but I hate to think of how much work it would take to look after it.
Imagine how much it weighs :(

Dreams_in_Pink
February 20th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Imagine how much it weighs :(

Can't you tell from her posture? she's tilted to hair's side! :D

*Aoife*
February 20th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Can't you tell from her posture? she's tilted to hair's side! :D

Brilliant! :D

Mearwynna
February 20th, 2010, 02:18 PM
That is really amazing. I wonder what her hair care routine is?

Heidi_234
February 20th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I can't see how she can wear it down :crazyq: It's twice her height, you can't walk around with hair that long just hanging loose.

Capybara
February 20th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Does anyone else find it interesting that she has bangs? Picture if she wanted to grow them out! :p

I wonder how long it took for her to grow that long...?

(0.5 inches per month, multiplied by the hair's length, which seems to be in the range of 10-15 feet, equals...*goes off to find a calculator*)

Dementia1013
February 20th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Simply amazing! Oh to be able to grow hair that long!! :D
I'm just hoping for KNEE length... please oh please that's all I ask! :pray::pray::pray:

Hana
February 20th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Shes a real life Rapunzel!
Wouldnt that be heavy all piled up on her head?

I wonder what hats would fit all that hair?

Mae
February 20th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Golly gee! Very impressive! Her hair in a braid would be a weapon of mass destruction! I wonder how she wears it when she is sleeping.

walterSCAN
February 20th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I'm trying to imagine how heavy it would be wet... :agape:

It's SO gorgeous though! :thud:

Igor
February 21st, 2010, 02:47 AM
Some info about her (http://www.tlhw.com/tlhw000/longest/e-1-3-dyq001.htm)

Benjamin_T
February 21st, 2010, 04:21 AM
Her hair is remarkable, and based on the story, she had already started growing it out since young, and had never cut it ever since.

It's a very interesting story, and she did went through a hard life.

alwayssmiling
February 21st, 2010, 06:02 AM
I've seen pictures like these before and always assumed they were fake, amazing. Like OP said Wow! . I can't imagine washing and conditioning all that hair, never mind DTs.

ilovelonghair
February 21st, 2010, 06:23 AM
Wearing that up, must be real heavy I think. But it looks very healthy, personally I couldn't take care of such a length. Apparently my great grand mother had real long hair and got head aches from it and she cut it off, but I'm sure it wasn't as long as this lady's hair!
Wonder how many years this took her to grow.

lora410
February 21st, 2010, 06:36 AM
Poor thing sounds like she has a love/hate relationship with her hair.

Little_Bird
February 21st, 2010, 07:08 AM
I've read quite a lot about this lady, she's known as DYQ...

She always wears her hair up, she is a secretary. She puts it up with a scarf or a cloth, if I'm not mistaken, by wraping it. It's kinda similar to the record holder man who had that big dreadlock and wore it on top of his head.

Yes, this must be so very heavy. But it's beautyfull when it's loose. :)

Auryn
February 22nd, 2010, 12:51 AM
I just wanted to throw in that I didn't realize the pic was a violation. I snagged it from a public site that encourages people to alter/caption the photo. Thanks to the mod for fixing the link for me :)

Gumball
February 22nd, 2010, 12:58 AM
I remember meeting Dyq at a meet a few years ago. She was very sweet. The length shot for that meet put all of us to shame. Haha.

jera
February 22nd, 2010, 01:02 AM
She makes me believe the Rapunzel faery tale could actually have been true. :D