PDA

View Full Version : It likes it

motormuffin
February 19th, 2010, 10:32 AM
My hair doesn't like oils...until I mix them with silicone. I use two drops of oil and two drops chi...it's like magic. If I just use oil by itself my hair is a greasy mess. Weird?

little_cherry
February 19th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I guess oils aren't for everyone :) If your hair is happy this way, then why not :) Glad you found something your hair is happy with! :)

SimplyViki
February 19th, 2010, 12:15 PM
My hair likes oils and silicones, too. I haven't tried mixing them, I just oil, then silicone serum. I want to try that CHI silk stuff Spidermom's gotten everybody talking about, but I've got two or three bottles of a discontinued serum that I like that I want to use up first. (Well, maybe I should try CHI anyway, that way I still have the other stuff later).

motormuffin
February 19th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I mix them in my hand and its working great. I have the chi and biosilk. I do like the chi better. The biosilk is nice too but its thicker and seems to separate. The oil I have is a mix of jojoba, meadowfoam, argan and some clove eo for fun. Makes an interesting smell with the chi.

jera
February 19th, 2010, 02:47 PM
My hair doesn't like oils...until I mix them with silicone. I use two drops of oil and two drops chi...it's like magic. If I just use oil by itself my hair is a greasy mess. Weird?

Everyone's hair is unique. I'm glad you found a formula that works for you.

:cheese:

Unofficial_Rose
February 19th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Works for me too, on my dry-ish highlighted hair.

S & C with coney conditioner, wrap in towel for a while, add fingerful of shea butter/coconut oil/AVG mix = happy hair. :)

Of course, when it was hennaed, it didn't need cones...

*Rose Red*
February 20th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Have you tried oil on wet or dry hair?

motormuffin
February 20th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Have you tried oil on wet or dry hair?
I've tried on both. I've tried a wee bit and I've tried more. I've tried maybe 5 different kinds. It always looked icky. Whatever it is about mixing it with cones...not sure...but it's nice. I haven't tried this on dry though, just wet.

Twil
February 20th, 2010, 02:21 PM
.....you know I've never tried this, something to think about.