PDA

View Full Version : How to wear hair for surgery?

Tapioca
February 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Well, it looks like I'm going to be having surgery for the first time. (Torn cartilage in my left knee. They're doing it orthoscopically, so I'll be home the same day.) My question is: what should I do with my hair? They'll probably put one of those caps on me, but are there any no-no's? I really have no idea what to expect. The only time I've ever been in the hospital was when I had Cricket.

Anje
February 18th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I think braids are a perennial favorite. You can move them so they're not lumpy, which is valuable.

Qadupae
February 18th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I agree with Anje on braids. A bun would probably come undone with your head on a table and even if you do secure it with a hair stick or fork, they might not like that a pointed object is in the room. I know the hospital I work at is pretty ishy about that, so a braid would be much easier.

MissMandyElizab
February 18th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I wore braids for all mine french and it was easy on me and the staff they didnt have to deal with hair or keeping it in place and such...Good luck on you knee will think kind thoughts

GuinevereMay
February 18th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I've had quite a few surgeries and they always request that I don't use anything metal in my hair. I once wore a metal-free hair tie to tie off a braid, but they made me take it out.

The surgical cap usually falls off from the weight of my hair, so I just leave it off as long as possible.

If they don't want you wearing anything in your hair, they may actually check your scalp (don't ask me why). I wouldn't have mentioned it, but it's happened to me twice.

Good luck on your surgery!

Ravenne
February 18th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I would go with a french or dutch braid. It keeps all the hair secured and out of the way (assuming you don't have any short layers) and the length can be tucked under the cap. :)

countryhopper
February 18th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Ask them beforehand what's acceptable (like hairties). I'm also guessing any metal like bobby pins are out.

SpeakingEZ
February 18th, 2010, 10:38 PM
I've had quite a few surgeries and they always request that I don't use anything metal in my hair. I once wore a metal-free hair tie to tie off a braid, but they made me take it out. This is what I was going to mention, too. Maybe if you secured the braid with a ribbon, it wouldn't be a problem.

RedButterfly
February 19th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I hope that you have a smooth and quick recovery from your surgery. We'll all be praying and thinking good thoughts for you here at LHC.

I agree with the suggestions for a braid. In fact, why not Heidi braids? Make two braids and pin them up. That might fit in the cap better.

jera
February 19th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Choose something that will be comfortable in an OR cap and for the duraton of the surgery. If it's a lengthy procedure, keep this in mind because some styles can pull.

Good luck with your surgery. :)

Keildra
February 19th, 2010, 07:37 AM
All I know is when I had surgery they let me keep my metal-free elastic in but that was it, I would suggest nothing that can come out easily and nothing with metal.

Carolyn
February 19th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I've had a couple of same day surgeries and wore my hair in a single English braid. I asked ahead of time about how to do my hair. Both times the elastic braid ender was fine. I wouldn't do a single french braid as that isn't very comfortable when you are laying on your back in recovery. Twin french braids would be more comfortable for me.

Topaz
July 21st, 2010, 08:44 AM
Is it OK to resurrect this question and reopen it for more discussion?

I find myself in this situation now. I'm having an outpatient procedure done soon (laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C) and I'm glad I was able to find this discussion again. My hair is just past waist length now, but it did occur to me that it might be a problem keeping it confined during the procedure and comfortable while I'm in the recovery room afterwards.

I've read all the preceding responses from all of you and found it very helpful. I'm thinking I will probably do a single English braid bound with an all-elastic band as Carolyn suggested since I'm hopeless at French braids and the other more complicated styles.

Does anyone have any new or different suggestions or ideas? (Maybe I'm just feeling scared and finding an excuse to talk about it) :(

Centaur
July 21st, 2010, 09:47 AM
For surgery I braided (simple plait) my front hairs back and then braided it into the rest of my hair into a long (well, not that long...YET! lol) plait down my back. I secured the end with a little cloth covered elastic band scrunchie. No metal will be allowed in the operating room. I liked this hair style because it pulled my hair out of the way but was flat enough against my head and back that it was not uncomfortable to lay down on. Also, it adequately secured my hair without pulling on my scalp, so it was comfortable.

Fairlight63
July 21st, 2010, 09:58 AM
Topaz,
don't be afraid of the operation, I had the same thing done last yr. & it was a piece of cake. They put me out, then the next thing I remembered I was in the recovery room & it was all over with. I had no problems afterwards either. A good excuse to take it easy for a few days, LOL.

For my hair, which was about BSL then, I wore it up in a messy bun with a scrunchy tie on top of my head. It worked out good.

Topaz
July 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM
Thank you for the encouragement, Fairlight63. A messy bun/with scrunchy sounds pretty good too. Nice and simple, done and undone quick as a flash.

Unlike you, I'm afriad this might not be my cure-all. With a nest of fibroids, thickened endometrial lining, and a swollen up ovary I think it would be too optimistic to think this one procedure will cure all those problems. They'll be doing biopsies to check for cancer too. I can see this fixing the endometrial problem, and if I'm patient then menopause will fix the fibroids. I don't know about the ovary though. I need to do more research to further educate myself.

Thanks again for your support.

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Don't wear any metal in your hair. I've LOTS of surgeries and that has been a rule with all of them. They may not even let you use an elastic band. It has to do with not wanting to introduce any more germs into the OR than necessary. And no metal, because they might have to do an xray.

They will also probably request that you remove any jewelry, including a watch. If you have any removable mouth pieces, they will want you to take those out, too.

Are you going to be put under or is it a local anisthesia (sp?)?

If you are going to be put under, there will be more rules.

Good luck with surgery!

Tabitha
July 22nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
When I had elbow surgery, I put my hair into twin braids so that it wouldn't stop me from lying down comfortably. I also wanted something that might stay put for a while as I wouldn't be able to redo it.

I felt pretty silly at my age and even assured the nurses in the anaesthetic room as I was waiting to be put under, that I didn't normally wear my hair like that! (can you say nervous chatter).

I had a GA and nobody was bothered about the bands securing my braids.

eezepeeze
July 22nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Topaz,

I just now saw your post. I have had all of those procedures. First, the laparoscopy to remove one ovary, then later a D&C to try to treat my endometriosis, then finally a total hysterectomy, uterus and remaining ovary. I had my hysterectomy vaginally, so they didn't have to open me up. I think I had a couple of internal stitches.

It was the best thing I ever did in my life, even though I was only 27. I was in an incredible amount of pain with heavy bleeding all month, no break from it. The day I woke up in recovery was the first day in about 3 years that I wasn't bleeding. I was tender for about 2 weeks after the hys., but have since been in much better health.

The worst thing for me was the instant menopause. i chose not to go on Hormone replacement therapy because of the strong family history of breast cancer. So, I had a lot of menopause symptoms for about 6 months, but now, 8 years later, I no longer have any menopause symptoms and have never regretted my decision.

I know it is not an easy decision to make, the hysterectomy. But, I'll pray that good health will follow for you as it has for me.

Hang in there!!

DARKMARTIAN
July 22nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
I had surgery on my leg once and I had my hair in a plain braid......

it just seemed appropriate....and until reading this thread I had no idea that as many other people had the same idea....

The worst part of the entire experience though was afterwards when the nurse asked me if I thought I could stand up and put my own underwear on and I of course told her yes. So when I stood up I almost fell over and TWO nurses ended up having to help me....

But as far as the hair goes.....it would seem that braids are the way to go....

MissySue
July 22nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Like many others I'd recommend a braid. Remember, the anasthesia (?) can make you sick after you wake up and the last thing you want is hair all over when your face is over a bowl. Yes, I speak from experience! I had a nurse on one side of me and my hubby on the other to hold my hair out of the way. Of course mine was only bsl then, yours might not get in the way so much.

Also, it seems to me that the anticipation is worse than the actual surgery so try not to worry:).

GRU
July 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
When I was going to the hospital to have my son a decade ago (when I had bangs and layers and not nearly as much length), I stopped at a friend's house so she could French braid my hair. I knew that I did NOT want to be bothered with my curls being everywhere and tangled and matted -- had more important things on my mind!!!

Now that my bangs are basically gone and so are my layers, if I were in this situation again I would either do two well-oiled side braids (pigtails) or else a simple bun on top of my head. Or a combination of the two -- side braids pulled up and bunned on top of my head.

The main consideration is your comfort. If you do a single braid, make it off to one side of your nape so that it's comfortable to have it pulled up over your shoulder so you don't have to lie on it. If you do a bun, make sure it's up high enough that it's comfortable to lie on your back and secure enough that you don't have to worry about it.

The other consideration is your fasteners. No metal, period. Elastics are fine w/o metal. Instead of bobby pins, use the plastic kind (http://www.sallybeauty.com/Magic-Grip-Hairpins/GOODHR1,default,pd.html). No barrettes or Ficcares or claw clips (the spring is metal even if the claw is plastic). They won't care that you have something holding your hair b/c they'll cover your hair with a hairnet before you go into the OR anyway.

Good luck!

kikuko
July 23rd, 2010, 04:32 AM
If they don't want you wearing anything in your hair, they may actually check your scalp (don't ask me why). I wouldn't have mentioned it, but it's happened to me twice.

How weird! O.o

Topaz
July 23rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Thank you for all your words of comfort, plus all the good hair advise. You have no idea how much I appreciate it all!

MissySue, you're probably right about the anticipation being worse than the procedure. I know I'm a nervous wreck about it. I've never had anything but a tubal ligation done, and that was 25 years ago and I was allowed to have it under only a local anesthetic, so I was awake for the whole thing and there was no threat of cancer involved.

Eezepeeze, they are going to knock me out with a general anesthetic this time. The doc said he can't take a chance on me moving at any critical moments. Would it be too much to ask what those extra precautions are that they take during general anesthetic? This is my first experience with it and I'd like to be as prepared as possible.

Also, no hysterectomy for me, not unless the biopsies show cancer. I'm 52 and menopause can't be too far away. Menopause alone will kill and shrink the fibroids and probably cure the endometrial lining problem too. I only have pain and flooding the first 2 days of my period followed by an extra long 'normal' period, and I can live with that until Mother Nature ends it for me. I figure all my parts are there for a reason, so cancer is the only thing that I'll lose my parts for. And yes, I really am sweating the biopsy reports!

Thank you again, all of you who have responded. You don't know how much I appreciate all of you!

eezepeeze
July 23rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Topaz,

I'm glad you don't have to have a hysterectomy. I misread your post when you said hysteroscopy. I have had many surgeries under general anesthetic, in addition to the hysterectomy. So, this is usually the procedure:

1. You will arrive at the hospital to register (or you may have preregistered).

2. They will take you back by yourself to get you hooked up to an IV, blood pressure monitor, and to get changed into a gown, etc. They will ask you to remove all jewelry and metal.

3. Depending on you M.D., you may be prescribed a "calming down" medicine like Valium to deal with pre-surgery nerves. Go ahead and take it if you're not allergic. It will help with the waiting around. They will also probably give you Pepcid or some other stomach "calmer downer" because the anesthetic can make you queasy afterwards.

4. They will let your family come back and wait with you and you can have prayer together, etc.

5. The anesthesiologist will come talk to you about any problems you've had in the past waking up, any breathing trouble, any allergies, and other concerns you may be having. Don't be afraid to ask questions. You may want to make a list of them prior to the big day so you don't have to think on your feet.

6. You will be taken back to the OR by an OR nurse. The OR will be cold and very bright. Your surgeon will be there. Everyone will be masked, but you'll know their eyes and voices.

7. They will have you slide over onto the OR table. It's very narrow, so ease over slowly. They will guide your arms and legs into position so they can attach all the monitors, etc. If you have to be shaved (ugh) they will most likely wait until you're out to do it.

8. The anesthesiologist will be over your head and will start putting drugs into your IV. He will tell you to start counting back from 10. He will put oxygen on you. You'll be out before you get to 8.

9. You will wake up in the recovery room. You'll feel pretty yucky for the first few minutes. You may have chills or the shakes. You'll be in some pain. They will give you pain meds and a warm blanket. They may make you do some deep breathing to keep your oxygen up. When you start to come around, they will talk loudly to you to help you wake up. Your doctor may come in and speak with you, or he/she may just talk to your family.

10. After you're sort of woken up pretty good, they may give you some soda or juice and maybe some crackers. Then, they will get you up and dressed and send you on your way with post-op instructions and a prescription for pain meds.

11. You will be sore for a few days and you may experience pain under your ribs or in your shoulders. This is probably from the gas rising that they used during the surgery. Take your pain meds and get some rest. Go easy on food that first day. If your directions say you can walk around, do so gently, because it will help your body keep from forming scar tissue inside and will help get rid of the gases.

12. I've had biopsies, too, so I know how nerve-racking and scary it is to wait for those results. Try to think positively and remember that we are all sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm not a doctor, but I've had about 6 big surgeries, so I have first-hand experience. One thing that helps calm me on the day is to have a favorite Bible verse or song or poem or something I know by heart that is reassuring. I just repeat it like a mantra in my head to keep calm.

I'll say a prayer for you that everything comes back clear.

Also, be sure to wear loose, comfortable clothing that is easy to get on and off. Don't wear jeans or anything tight on your tummy. You'll be sore and won't want anything rough or tight on. You may prefer to wear a sports bra or no bra on that day.You may want to wear slip on shoes, because you want to bend over. Also, for me, the day AFTER surgery is the worst, because all the anesthesia has worn off. Take your pain meds. Don't try to be tough. After a few days, you'll be able to switch over to Advil, etc. and then finally you'll be feeling better.

I keep thinking of things to add. I forgot to mention that you may have a tube down your throat during surgery (after you're out cold) so you don't vomit during surgery. It will already be removed when you wake up, but your throat and neck may be sore and you may be a little hoarse.

Topaz
July 25th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Thank you for the rundown on general anesthesia, Ezeepezee. It helps to know what I'm facing. The tubal ligation I had so many moons ago was only one little tiny incision through my navel, and I remember the cramping was pretty bad but I was able to tough it out around people and only melted when I was at home, just me and my hubby. This time I think I'm having 3 little bitty incisions in my stomach from the laparoscopy, and then plus all the rest of the internal bruising, etc., from the hysteroscopy and the D&C. Since it's so much more extensive this time and I'm so much older, I don't think I'll be able to tough this one out around people. Seclusion seems to be the name of the game for this coming weekend.

I definitely need to go buy some loose sweat pants or maybe a loose sundress to wear that day. I have some too-big jeans, but the baggy waist might still fall right where those extra two incisions in my stomach will be --- I just don't know, having never done this before.

I'm kind of leaning toward a messy bun with a scrunchy --- it seems like it would be even less damaging for my hair than a braid that I'd end up laying on and moving around on. I'll carry a little metal-less elastic though just in case the scrunchies aren't allowed, and if all else fails I'll braid it without an elastic. My hair is just wavy enough and long enough that it holds a braid pretty good that way if I'm not too active.

I think I am calming down about it a little bit --- having information on what to expect helps immensely! --- so now I need to start working on calming down my hubby. Believe it or not, he's more of a nervous wreck than I am!

Thanks again, everyone.

eezepeeze
July 25th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Topaz,

I hope everything goes well for you and I'm glad I could help. I would not wear the jeans if I were you. Do you have pajama bottoms that could pass for yoga pants or sweats? That would save having to pay for something new.

Yeah, I think the messie bun is a good choice. Will it bother you to lay on a bun? A braid is a good backup.

I wish you all the best!

Topaz
July 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Ezeepezee: Unfortunately --- or not ---- I'm 52 years old and working in a government job with no real dress code, so I haven't worn anything but jeans in years, so that's quite literally all I have in my closet. Can you imagine, a woman my age with only blue jeans and t-shirts, one pair of sandals and one pair of winter shoes.? (can you tell I've never been one to keep up with the latest fashions LOL!) So no, no pajama bottoms either as I sleep in oversized nightshirts. So I have no choice but to go buy a pair of cheapie sweat pants or something along those lines. But I will then pack them away in case I ever need to have surgery again --- which knock on wood, I won't!

To answer your other question, anything lumpy behind my head bothers me when I'm lying down, so a messy bun on top of my head sounds like my best choice, with a low braid coming in second.

I'm really wishing this was over and done with already ...

GRU
July 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Ezeepezee: Unfortunately --- or not ---- I'm 52 years old and working in a government job with no real dress code, so I haven't worn anything but jeans in years, so that's quite literally all I have in my closet. Can you imagine, a woman my age with only blue jeans and t-shirts, one pair of sandals and one pair of winter shoes.? (can you tell I've never been one to keep up with the latest fashions LOL!) So no, no pajama bottoms either as I sleep in oversized nightshirts. So I have no choice but to go buy a pair of cheapie sweat pants or something along those lines. But I will then pack them away in case I ever need to have surgery again --- which knock on wood, I won't!

Topaz, you're in good company here. I only wear jeans and sneakers and t-shirts or sweatshirts or other simple, pull-over tops... and I'm only 41yo, so it's not age-related at all. I don't even know the last time my feet touched high heels, and I fervently believe that pantyhose were invented for the sole purpose of torturing women! :D

LittleOrca
July 26th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I wore my hair in two braids when I had my surgery. That way they were out of the way when I recovered and could go under the cap and not create a bulge at the back of my head that made it uncomfortable to sleep or be on the table.

Topaz
July 26th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Gru, it sounds like we are kindred fashion spirits. I can actually tell you the last time I wore a dress and panty hose was about 8 years ago, and that was to a very formal wedding --- and that was the first time I'd worn a dress in probably a good 15 years before that! As for high heels (and for me that's anything with an elevation of more than about 1/2 inch), gosh, I'd say it's been almost 30 years ago. (I got smart pretty young LOL!)

In fact, the only shoes I ever wear anymore are Birkenstocks, which are not the most attractive shoes on the planet, but they sure are comfy. When I said I had the two pairs of shoes, I had forgotten that I just recently bought a pair of black Birkenstock sandals exclusively for when I do have to wear dresses. I'd rather have people thinking "My gosh, what are those things on her feet?" than for me to be hobbling around miserable. In my defense, they are probably the most dressy/feminine looking sandals that Birkenstock makes.

Topaz
July 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Little Orca: I'm really tempted by the two braids for the same reasons you stated, but I'm afraid if I start getting sick in the recovery room that they'd hang down and get in the way. I'm supposed to go in on an empty stomach, but I think there would still be enough in my belly to make for some very nasty stinky braids if they fall down into it. And I most assuredly will not want to jump in the shower to shampoo as soon as I get home!

GRU
July 26th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Little Orca: I'm really tempted by the two braids for the same reasons you stated, but I'm afraid if I start getting sick in the recovery room that they'd hang down and get in the way. I'm supposed to go in on an empty stomach, but I think there would still be enough in my belly to make for some very nasty stinky braids if they fall down into it. And I most assuredly will not want to jump in the shower to shampoo as soon as I get home!

How about side braids that you fasten together on top of your head? When I do a heavy oiling, I tend to put my hair in side braids while oiling (because one half of my hair will attack my face while I'm dealing with the other half! :oops:). I'm too lazy to bother undoing them both to make a night bun or braid, so I just twist them together on top of my head and fasten with a small claw clip.

That could give you the best of all worlds... nothing behind your head/neck/shoulder while you're in bed, nothing to land in an emesis basin, plus it would be more secure than a regular bun (no slippery bits that can fall out of a bun).

LittleOrca
July 26th, 2010, 01:12 PM

I didn't have any problems with my hair flipping places it was not wanted. I don't remember if I had to OR hat on when I woke up in recovery (since they gave me that amnesia shot to deaden the memory of the pain. :rolleyes: ) but my braids were laying nicely on me. It could have been the nurses who put them in place when I got wheeled into recovery. I also went in on an empty stomach and as soon as I got back to where I was staying at (it was a day surgery) I slept so much and my braids kept my hair in check. :)

Tapioca
July 26th, 2010, 08:59 PM
I went with the simple braid with a no-metal elastic. Easy peasy, and they didn't say a word.
I'm a blue-jeans gal myself (except at work... business attire there), but I wore a skirt the day of the surgery. It was knee surgery, and I knew the bandages and such would be a pain to get pants on over. It was a wrap skirt, even, and they left my underwear on me, so getting dressed was easy (with DH's help).

noelgirl
July 27th, 2010, 07:33 AM
When I had surgery on my nose and sinuses a few years ago, they didn't let me go into the OR with anything they didn't provide. That meant no hair ties (even metal-free), not even underwear! So my hair was loose under the cap, although if I'd known beforehand that that would be the case, I probably would have braided it since even without a tie that would have contained it somewhat. Reading through the thread I've realized that this is unusual, but it does happen sometimes. Good luck!

sweet*things
July 27th, 2010, 07:58 AM
I had a thyroidectomy a few years ago and I wore a low braid. I don't recall whether the elastic had metal or not, I wasn't such a stickler back then, but no one questioned me on it.

Definitely do something that will keep your hair out of your face. I had a bad reaction to percocet and threw up constantly for the next 24 hours.

Best of luck!

eezepeeze
July 30th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Topaz and Gru,

Wow, I'm so jealous of you guys for not having to have a "professional" dress code wardrobe. Once I briefly worked in a place like that and it was great not to have to dress up. Left to my own devices, I'd probably wear pajamas 75% of the time and jeans the other 25%. Unfortunately, I have to at least dress business casual for my job, which means my wardrobe is pretty extensive: pj's for home, jeans for real life, dress clothes for work. I ama shoe-aholic, though, I must confess :-)

eezepeeze
July 30th, 2010, 09:24 PM
When I had surgery on my nose and sinuses a few years ago, they didn't let me go into the OR with anything they didn't provide. That meant no hair ties (even metal-free), not even underwear! So my hair was loose under the cap, although if I'd known beforehand that that would be the case, I probably would have braided it since even without a tie that would have contained it somewhat. Reading through the thread I've realized that this is unusual, but it does happen sometimes. Good luck!

I don't think it's that unusual. I've had about 7 surgeries and some said that same thing: nothing they don't provide. It's because they don't want any outside germs getting into the sterile OR. They usually want you to shower and wash your hair the morning of the surgery, too. Something to keep in mind for scheduling of hair washing. Might ought to do it the night before.

eezepeeze
July 31st, 2010, 08:42 AM
Topaz,

I hope your surgery went well and you are recovering nicely. How'd you wear your hair in the end?

My thoughts are with you. Get well soon.

Topaz
August 3rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hi Everyone!

I guess the procedure went OK. They did the laparoscopy and took a biopsy of my swollen up ovary. The D&C was a total no-go. Apparently my uterus is so full-to-bursting with fibroids tangled together like a giant rat's nest that they were barely even able to get the hysteroscope in there to take biopsy samples on the inside. The doctor assisting the surgeon described it as my 'alien love child' and that it simply HAD to come out, and it is definitely the cause for all my back pain and other problems. The surgeon said the uterus is so terribly huge and the fibroids have so completely taken it over that alternatives to hysterectomy simply won't work. So I'm looking at a partial hysterectomy sometime soon (a partial because I refuse to let them take anything that isn't diseased --- I'll keep all my good parts, thank you very much!)

And in the end, I opted to make two 'Indian' braids on either side so there wouldn't be anything at all between my head and the pillow. It worked out well because, inside the surgical cap, they ended up loosely coiled behind my neck and actually added a little neck support to a too-soft pillow. The anesthesiologist, when he was talking to me before the surgery, did ask about my hair, and I told him about the two little non-metal hair bands, he checked that they were mostly behind my head, and said that was just fine. He didn't seem concerned at all about the metal or no metal issue. He didn't even check them to make sure I was telling the truth. Of course it might be a different matter when I go in for the Big Cut.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and support. I've survived so far! :cheese:

LittleOrca
August 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Glad you are doing ok and the braids worked out for you. :)

eezepeeze
August 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Glad to hear you are doing well. I know you are disappointed and upset about the hysterectomy. It is a hard thing, emotionally. But, just focus on how much better your quality of life is going to be. I hope you are recuperating well. Keep us posted! :)