PDA

View Full Version : Postpartum shedding and hair progress

Mearwynna
February 18th, 2010, 07:21 PM
How much do you think post partum shedding puts your hair growing back? My hair is just starting to grow back in after 8 months, and my fourth child.

I think I went through 8 months of hair hell after the babywas born, feeling like it was thinning more and more, but I did a clarifying and used fox's shea butter on it last week and it's amazingly better. My sprouts are growing pretty fast but look funky.

christi.adell
February 18th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I'm 9 months PP and my hair is horrible. So no real advice just sympathy for the funky hair.

My sprouts are all in the front so it looks like I have stupid 2 inch long bangs.

whiteisle
February 18th, 2010, 08:01 PM
My sprouts are all in the front so it looks like I have stupid 2 inch long bangs.

lol! Yep. Me too! I've got freakin' sideburns coming in! Where'd those come from???! :rolleyes:

btw, I'm 8.5 months pp and definitely have the new growth peaking out everywhere. I hate that I had to go through "the shed" again, but I'm glad it's finally growing back no matter how it looks. :p

Mearwynna
February 19th, 2010, 07:06 AM
My sprouts look like tufts of hair above my temples. I also lost so much I can't really do puffy half up's anymore.

clichepithet
February 19th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Right about 8 months PP here. My regrowth just makes my flyaway hair look even more messy no matter what I do with it. I like to pretend that it's actually producing a nice, soft, feminine tousled effect... :p

Katze
February 19th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I am at 10 1/2 months PP and shed MASSIVELY (I am talking handfuls of hair wheneve I touched it) from month 2 to month 6.

My hairline has filled in very nicely but I have scary tufts too. And since my hair tapers, my length looks very thin where the old hairs fell out. This has been a big setback, since I have (mostly) reached waist length but, despite trims, the ends are so thin that I am going to have to trim and/or maintain here.

Biotin seemed to make a huge difference in stopping shedding and helping beautiful new growth to come back.

It's funny that someone mentioned they can't do poofy hairdos - that is ALL I can do. My hair sticks straight up so I have to work with it, all my updos are messy, and if I want it to look smooth I have to plaster it down with product.

Hang in there, it will stop falling out and will grow back. I guess this is just a fact of life. :flower:

curlytiff27
February 19th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Out of all the things to worry about while being pregnant....this is what I fear the most!!! That I am going to shed so much hair after the baby is born that I will go nearly bald. Seriously....I have a bad affliction with my hair (what women doesn't) and I fear it will put me into a depression of sorts already not feeling like myself after carrying a baby for 10 months. Wish me luck!