PDA

View Full Version : Actively SMTing for the first time. . . wish me luck!

zen_oven
February 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM
That's right, I'm on my couch with SMT on my hair even as I type this. I clarified and made the moisture treatment. My head is saran-wrapped with a towel over it. Going to try to leave it on an hour. So far, so good.

It may not seem like such a big deal, but I get performance anxiety whenever I try something new with my hair! It took me hours to work up the cojones to trim my ends myself for the first time. I am so glad I have you ladies (and gents) to talk to--you understand these things!

zen_oven
February 18th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Okay, SMT is washed out and I've combed my hair out. It combed easily without tangling once--I'm thankfully not prone to tangles but my bottom layer is far less full then the top so it tangles a bit more easily. I've been bemoaning the fact that the last several inches of my hair feel dry and crunchy for the longest time--they already feel better. We'll see how it turns out once it's fully dry but so far, I'm impressed!

So. . . how often do you SMT?

violeteyes
February 18th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Ooooh, I haven't yet, but maybe your results might convince me! Keep me posted!

little_cherry
February 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Ooh! SMT! I'm doing one tomorrow, actually! I love modifying the recipe by adding oils :)

I do an SMT once a month, but my hair has been dryer this winter, so about once every 2 weeks!

Queen Olympias
February 18th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I also do an SMT about once a month. I am due for one soon. I can't wait!

Good luck with yours :)

zen_oven
February 18th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Well, my ends are feeling softer and they are curling much more nicely than before. I think clarifying and putting some moisture back in has really helped. I'm sold--I think I'll start doing SMT once a month from now on.

little_cherry
February 19th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Great news! Glad you liked the SMT!

If anyone saw me right now, they'd think I'm paranoid about aliens because I wrapped my hair with cling wrap, then foil (see? lol), more cling wrap, then a warm cap.

My SMT mix is....crazy today! Aloe, condish, castor oil, honey, pure maple syrup, almond oil blend, coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter...*breathes*.. I think that's it :D

Psst...the aliens are coming! :D

chopandchange
February 19th, 2010, 10:57 AM
[quote=zen_oven;980722]It took me hours to work up the cojones to trim my ends quote]

I'm loving the Spanglish!

Does everyone say that in Texas?

Hope SMT goes well! :)