PDA

View Full Version : A mark of distinction...

Angela_Rose
February 18th, 2010, 07:43 AM
So I've always, always loved the look of silver at the temples, on men and on women.
My music teachers in school all had it, my mother, her brothers, and my maternal grandmother all have it. Mom drives me nuts because she dyes it away (and she's got such lovely chestnut hair, in which silver threads look beautiful!).

So imagine my thrill and surprise this morning when I found my first silver hair at one of my temples! Woooo! It's in line with my eyebrow, left temple, about in the middle of the section. It's short, right now (hair there is way more delicate than anywhere else on my head), and I'm hoping it'll be the first of many! There are about a dozen or so silvers elsewhere on my head, and I'm leaving them lie, but this one I am really excited about!
:cheese:

countryhopper
February 18th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Hooray! You can now join the salt and pepper thread!

I know what you mean about silvers... I like when they decide to grow together in a patch and you get a nice streak...

jivete
February 18th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'd love to get a streak, I think it looks so cool.

Angela_Rose
February 18th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hooray! You can now join the salt and pepper thread!

I know what you mean about silvers... I like when they decide to grow together in a patch and you get a nice streak...

I'm so excited. Woo!

Angela_Rose
February 18th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I'd love to get a streak, I think it looks so cool.

I've got one starting out on the right side of my head, sort of behind that ear, but it's from a scar so I'm not sure I count that or not. It still looks pretty neat, though.

merryhair
February 18th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I'm really impressed at the way, you look at silvers. I think they look cute too. I know a lot of people(over 60) in real life who constantly dye their hair..just to get rid of silvers.

funnyface
February 18th, 2010, 04:18 PM
silver hair is beautiful, I hope when I go grey I have the conviction to keep it and not be tempted to dye.

xxx

Sissy
February 18th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm glad you are excited and graciously receiving your greys as it's something that will happen to all of us eventually anyhow :) I have a few white hairs throughout my head and I find them extremely interesting because their texture is completely different than my other hairs. They are much coarser. Some of them are white half way down and then dark the rest of the way... it's very interesting :)

enfys
February 18th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I so hope I follow my mum and get a streak and follow my dad with it being bright white.

Congratulations on your well located silver!

Hana
February 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
My mum was completely grey by the time she was 25, I've only got 4 more years to go!

Actually, when I was a kid I was scared of going grey, but now I've rather got used to the idea. Especially seeing how I've always had grey hairs on my head, from a young age.

As I've been dying my hair for so long, it'll be fun to see how grey I really am now that I'm growing it out - fancy growing grey together? =D

Juneii
February 18th, 2010, 04:32 PM
gosh I would love it if my hair had streaks of grey when I grow old :] my parents say it looks unprofessional but I think it's a mark of wisdom.

congrats on your first grey streaks :D pictures?

YourEggcellency
February 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I LOVE grey streaks as well--when I'm older & begin to grey, if I don't get a uniform streak I can tell you I will be dying to make one, haha. Ever since I was in elementary school, I have wanted a striking white/grey streak at my temple because one of my best friends lived with her elegant grandmother who looked so stunning with her dark brown hair & vivid white streak on the side...*sigh* So elegant & dramatic!!

Angela_Rose
February 18th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your kind encouragement!
And I'll post photos when the streak becomes more than a single hair... ::grins::

BlueMuse
February 19th, 2010, 01:32 AM
I've always loved the silver and white, especially when the hair is long. I doubt I'll get any for a long while though, my mom is almost 60 and she barely has any. I guess I might take after my dad though, so 35ish then? Cool.

ArienEllariel
February 19th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I've always thought greying hair at the temples looked really neat too. :) I just don't get why people are so anti-grey in our society. I hope that one day I'll have long flowing white hair. I'd go with silver too, they both look really nice.

ArienEllariel
February 19th, 2010, 02:24 PM
On that note, as I was drying my hair with a towel today I found a white hair. I was shocked. Then after that feeling passed, I was really excited.. until I realized that that hair was my mother's. She frequently washes all our towels together. Dang it.

Lol, I was thinking I was a bit young to be getting silvers/white hairs but I was perfectly ready to accept it. Grr... now I feel sort of jipped.

LadyJennifer
February 19th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I have a silver streak behind my right ear that I love.

BlueMuse
February 19th, 2010, 07:39 PM
My husband (who has APL hair) has a natural white streak right on the right side of his part about an inch from his forehead. I told him I would be very sad if he ever dyed it. (His came from a birthmark). It's especially cool because his hair is almost black.

Locksmith
February 20th, 2010, 03:00 PM
My dad's got very very dark brown hair that's now silvering. I think it looks great - silvered hair can look so distinguished!

Sammich
February 20th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I'd love a streak. That makes me look forward to my older ages. ;)
They're sooo in style (For me) ;)!... Rogue... Mr Fantastic. Etc. *Sigh* <3